LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

***Official 2009 Houston Rockets Off-Season Thread***

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Why even post in this thread Stoney who cares what ariza is wearing anyways?

It was just an observation.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Why even post in this thread Stoney who cares what ariza is wearing anyways?

It was just an observation.

I understand Stoney, that is was just an observation on your part, however it was an observation referring to an ex-Laker wearing Laker colors at a press conference on a Houston Rocket thread, not the type of thing that will fly well around here with Rox fans.

Remember some of us Rox fans are still hurt/wounded from the playoff loss to you...

No worries from my part though...On another note great to see Morey act so quickly on the Disable Exception option, should help us get another decent player to help. Plus from what I read we are still eligible to get Yao back next year WITHOUT facing any penalty for it. So its a win-win situation for us.
[ Edited by sarpp on Jul 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM ]

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
So far I've been very impressed with Chase Budinger in the Summer League!!!
Kid seems to play smart & to his strengths... What a steal at 44 in this year's draft.
Another wonderful 2nd round pick by GM Morey, he seems to do it every year.

Also Dorsey has been great & true rebounding machine. Taylor looks like a pure scorer. James White has been the lone disappointed so far. I thought he'd be much better at this stage...

I'd say its a virtual lock that Dorsey,Budinger & Taylor make the roster...
McGrady switching numbers for Darfur recognition

Good for him. I applaud his attempt to raise awareness.
Originally posted by sarpp:
So far I've been very impressed with Chase Budinger in the Summer League!!!
Kid seems to play smart & to his strengths... What a steal at 44 in this year's draft.
Another wonderful 2nd round pick by GM Morey, he seems to do it every year.

Also Dorsey has been great & true rebounding machine. Taylor looks like a pure scorer. James White has been the lone disappointed so far. I thought he'd be much better at this stage...

I'd say its a virtual lock that Dorsey,Budinger & Taylor make the roster...

i have to agree on all 3, Dorsey and Budinger looks awesome, and im conifdent that Taylor, 32nd overall pick, who some had a late 1st, will make the club also, same with James White.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I've been surprised with Budinger, summer league or not, he's shooting a high percentage. Still wonder about his defense though. Dorsey has been a beast on the boards, but he's still too short to play C and we have PFs a plenty.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
I've been surprised with Budinger, summer league or not, he's shooting a high percentage. Still wonder about his defense though. Dorsey has been a beast on the boards, but he's still too short to play C and we have PFs a plenty.

True he's too short to play C, but he'll be on the Rockets roster one way or another. He rebounds well, plus he's add some good blocks, including one on Randolph...

Dorsey,Budinger & Taylor, I think are locks for the team. White should be worried at this point...but because of team commitment to him should be ok.

Here are my current starting 5 & 10 others:

Brooks
Battier
Ariza
Scola
Center (TBD) I'm hoping for David Andersen!

McGrady (will be in starting lineup i/o Battier once healthy, if he remains a Rocket)
Lowry
Landry
Hayes
White
Dorsey
Budinger
Taylor
Cook
Barry

Surely there will be some surprises here, but for now thats the best I can come up with everything really depends on who we acquire for a center. I for one would like to find another scorer to play SG & have a fresh Battier come off the bench!
Maybe White or Taylor could fill that, but I honestly doubt coach lets either of these 2 young players into the starting role.
[ Edited by sarpp on Jul 14, 2009 at 7:48 AM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Houston trades for Anderson, or buys I shuold say. They "traded" 2M and a possible 2nd round pick for the 29 year old Aussie.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6529269.html
I think his skill set is a good fit for Adelman's offense, from what I've read about him anyway. I think we'll see yet another C added and Dorsey likely in the mix as well. It won't be Gortat though. Morey was never giving him that kind of money to begin with, so he won't trade for him when available unless Orlando is willing to eat a big chunk of change.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Houston trades for Anderson, or buys I shuold say. They "traded" 2M and a possible 2nd round pick for the 29 year old Aussie.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6529269.html
I think his skill set is a good fit for Adelman's offense, from what I've read about him anyway. I think we'll see yet another C added and Dorsey likely in the mix as well. It won't be Gortat though. Morey was never giving him that kind of money to begin with, so he won't trade for him when available unless Orlando is willing to eat a big chunk of change.

Yeah I know. In my earlier post I asked for him & Morey delivered...
I saw some reporter twitter that the Rockets have given Chris Wilcox an offer...
So that might be the other FA that Morey was/is targeting...

Agreed, Gortat will not be a Rocket,as Morey will NEVER pay that kind of money
[ Edited by sarpp on Jul 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone