There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaq to Cleveland finalized

Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
As a Shaq rookie card holder, it pains me to say that the Diesel has nothing left in the tank.

I thought he looked alright last season. Not great or dominant anymore but I think he's serviceable still. Is he worse than Z?

HELL NO
Either way, no matter who you support, this is gonna be one of the most highly-anticipated NBA seasons in a while. The Celts will be back in serious contention with Garnett back. The Lakers are the Champs and have to be the favs no matter what with Kobe, Gasol and Odom. The Spurs have ante'd up with R-Jeff. The Cavs have done with same with Shaq. Orlando and Dwight will be hungry for more. The same goes for Denver. I'm a bigger NFL fan, but this year's NBA run will be fantasic!
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
Either way, no matter who you support, this is gonna be one of the most highly-anticipated NBA seasons in a while. The Celts will be back in serious contention with Garnett back. The Lakers are the Champs and have to be the favs no matter what with Kobe, Gasol and Odom. The Spurs have ante'd up with R-Jeff. The Cavs have done with same with Shaq. Orlando and Dwight will be hungry for more. The same goes for Denver. I'm a bigger NFL fan, but this year's NBA run will be fantasic!

Don't forget the Warriors with Anthony Randolph
This is just a dumb trade for the cavs. youre going to put a big back to the basket center who cant move anymore in the way of the best finisher in the league? sorry thats dumb.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This is just a dumb trade for the cavs. youre going to put a big back to the basket center who cant move anymore in the way of the best finisher in the league? sorry thats dumb.

Lebron is going to attack the rim and finish whether or not Shaq is in the lane.

Shaq will have zero impact on Lebron's offensive game.
Being a Suns fan, I can honestly say I have watched 90% of their games the last 2 years and Shaq was NOT the problem. In fact, he was probably the most consistent player they had those two years.

If you think he is done, you havent paid much attention. The guy played 30 mpg this year, played in 75/82 games, and averaged just under 18 ppg. He is going to be a big impact to Cleveland because he can still easily go for 20 on any given night, plus, he is still a great passer. Cleveland doesnt have to worry about their 7 footer launching up threes anymore. They now have a guy who knows how to get it to the guys that can.

I dont know if it makes Cleveland better than the Lakers, but it definitely makes them a better team. As for my Suns, I dont expect anything from them for a few years, but what the hell...I am used to teams rebuilding thanks to the Niners and A's.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:

Don't forget the Warriors with Anthony Randolph

OMFG!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cavs are in pretty good position. I believe Z is an expiring contract, and so will be Varejao if he decides to return. So, they are in position to make another trade or two, or wait till all-star break to make a blockbuster trade. JJ Hickson can take over the PF spot and fill in at Center. He looked pretty decent last year. Cleveland needs a SG - David West should be coming off the bench.

Or add 'sheed to play at PF - it gives them another big body to throw at Garnet and D12 plus he can shoot and block.
Im not a huge basketball fan... but Ive always loved Shaq and his personality.. But im starting to wonder about how people said that Kobe may not be able to win without Shaq...

But what about Shaq? Can he win without Kobe? Can he win without DWade? Can he ALMOST win with Penny Hardaway?

It almost seems as if its Shaq that needs that dominating guard to help HIM win...

Thoughts?

**EDIT** Now he gets traded to Cleveland... So Lebron can help him win..

[ Edited by FGore2121 on Jun 25, 2009 at 03:35:01 ]
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Quote:
Cleveland will send Ben Wallace(notes), Sasha Pavlovic(notes), the 46th pick in Thursday’s draft and cash to the Suns for O’Neal.

Here’s a question. Do you think he’s worth two players a draft pick and cash at this point in his career?

I don’t think so.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dman:
Nice trade to get Shaq for nothing but I don't think it improves Cleveland much and it may clog the lane a bit for James.

Meh he'll just dunk over Shaq and any and all defenders in his way
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by dman:
Lebron cant win a title without Shaq.

Shaq cant win another title with out Lebron

Neither of them can win against the Lakers.

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Quote:
Cleveland will send Ben Wallace(notes), Sasha Pavlovic(notes), the 46th pick in Thursday’s draft and cash to the Suns for O’Neal.

Here’s a question. Do you think he’s worth two players a draft pick and cash at this point in his career?

I don’t think so.

Cleveland is all in. If they dont win it all next year, Lebron will go to NYC.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Being a Suns fan, I can honestly say I have watched 90% of their games the last 2 years and Shaq was NOT the problem. In fact, he was probably the most consistent player they had those two years.

If you think he is done, you havent paid much attention. The guy played 30 mpg this year, played in 75/82 games, and averaged just under 18 ppg. He is going to be a big impact to Cleveland because he can still easily go for 20 on any given night, plus, he is still a great passer. Cleveland doesnt have to worry about their 7 footer launching up threes anymore. They now have a guy who knows how to get it to the guys that can.

I dont know if it makes Cleveland better than the Lakers, but it definitely makes them a better team. As for my Suns, I dont expect anything from them for a few years, but what the hell...I am used to teams rebuilding thanks to the Niners and A's.

You don't think he had anything to do with your horrendous defense?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Meh. Once again Cleveland tries to get some help with an old past his prime big man. Sounds like the Wallace deal all over, except w/o the ridiculous contract. Shaq has never played in a cold weather city. He was good in PHX because of the climate and air coupled with trainers, that's why so many athletes live there in the offseason. In the cold, fat Shaq will return and this will be much ado about nothing. But his money comes up the books after the year and they can pursue someone like Bosh. They really need some youth to pair with LBJ instead of these over the hill band aid guys.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home