There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaq to Cleveland finalized

• crzy
  • Veteran

Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement in principle to acquire Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O’Neal(notes), a league source told Yahoo! Sports late Thursday night.

Cleveland will send Ben Wallace(notes), Sasha Pavlovic(notes), the 46th pick in Thursday’s draft and cash to the Suns for O’Neal

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A2KIRz1o.kJKZv4AeQA5nYcB?slug=aw-shaq062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Can't believe the Suns didn't hold out for more, but obviously they're going to try to get Ben Wallace to retire so they save a few million. Still a pathetic job by Steve Kerr, who completely managed to ruin a contender in only a couple years.

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 24, 2009 at 21:27:55 ]
You beat me by like 30 seconds.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I don't think this puts Cleveland over the top, but it's going to be so fun to watch
Nice. And yes, completely pathetic job by Kerr.

Now watch them extend Nash.
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't think this puts Cleveland over the top, but it's going to be so fun to watch

The thought of Kobe beating both LeBron AND Shaq in the Finals makes me happy in my pants.
what a great trade for the cavs this totally solves the problem the they had against the magic defending Hedo and Lewis.....oh wait
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

The thought of Kobe beating both LeBron AND Shaq in the Finals makes me happy in my pants.

Well, the Spurs are going to win the title next year when they sign Rasheed Wallace for the MLE.
Originally posted by LB49ers:
what a great trade for the cavs this totally solves the problem the they had against the magic defending Hedo and Lewis.....oh wait

D12 wont have a problem with Shaq.
Nice. And yes, completely pathetic job by Kerr.

Now watch them extend Nash.

I know what your saying kerr shoulda been fired years ago. Suns was a championship contender 2 years ago and now they are back to square one.

can't wait for the christmas game. though without the drama of the will they/won't they hug between shaq and kobe it won't be the same.
can't wait for the christmas game. though without the drama of the will they/won't they hug between shaq and kobe it won't be the same.
This is gonna be interesting to watch and it looks like the Suns are gonna cut Sasha as well so they're be saving around 10 million. dollars.
Originally posted by LB49ers:

they had trouble cause they were doubling D12. that's done now, even before shaq now that Phil and co. gave the league the blueprint on how to play against Dwight.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
This is gonna be interesting to watch and it looks like the Suns are gonna cut Sasha as well so they're be saving around 10 million. dollars.

How did you come up with that number?

The only way the Suns can save a lot of money is if they buyout Ben Wallace or he retires

And cutting Sasha doesn't remove him from their cap.

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 24, 2009 at 21:39:03 ]