LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Helluva year, and hopefully the start of a great run for us. I wrote an article for www.draftwatchers.com with my thoughts on the Laker offseason. Please give it a read and let me know what you think. Lakers Team Overview
Its "Official 2009 NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread"

I was waiting for you to start this thread so I could drop the season thread down.
  • KobeBryant
  • Info N/A
See you guys next year when we make it 2 in a row
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Congrats guys on the win. Haven't been on here in awhile and wanted to slide that in.

The Rottweilers will back next year lol.
Originally posted by SLICK:
Congrats guys on the win. Haven't been on here in awhile and wanted to slide that in.

The Rottweilers will back next year lol.

The rots that lost to the poodles have no chance at beating us.
So after doing some research...it seems to be that Kobe will opt out next year so he can get a max contract running him to 2014...so much for him taking a pay cut, he probably wont even opt out...

Now if Dr. Buss ASKS him to get an extention and take a bit of a paycut he'd be making significantly less money than if he just became a free agent and signed a long term deal with us up until 2014 (I say 2014 because after then he becomes 36 and then the gay NBA 36 and up rule comes into play)...so really, I dunno whats going to happen...Id love for Kobe to get an extention and thus be getting a paycut, but I doubt he will knowing he can make so much more money otherwise...but for the teams sake Kobe...for the teams sake...

We must resign Trevor and Lamar...and hell, I see us resigning Shannon too...Im still hoping Derek retires and takes a position in PR with us...but I doubt that'll happen...Farmar & Luke both are looking like guys who could be cut/shipped out if Buss wants to be cheap or if Mitch can find us a more legitimate backup 3 or backup 5 (no offense DJ, i just am sick of the dacos really)...

Also, someone i was speaking to came up with an interesting idea...would Tracy mind coming off the bench with us? Tracy McGrady of course...Im sure Houston wouldnt midn shipping him out for Farmar (good combo with Aaron) and/or Luke (lol, no comment) and cash/draft picks? I dunno what Tracys value could be right now on the block but I would not at all mind doing that and having Tracy come off the bench to lead the 2nd unit alongside Lamar...now time to dream...

1st Unit
PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Trevor Ariza
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

2nd Unit
PG Jordan Farmar/Shannon Brown (whoever isnt traded, or if both are here, Farmar)
SG Sasha Vujacic/Shannon Brown (if Sasha is playing like boo boo)
SF Tracy McGrady
PF Lamar Odom
C Andrew Bynum (or if we get an actual legitimate backup center, maybe him here)

I dunno what Houston or Tracys mindset is...but if he feels hes getting old (hes 30-31 isnt he?)...hes injury prone...this would be his best opportunity at winning a ring and being a factor since he wont need to play more than 25 minutes a game (could help his back and injury s**t) and keep him fresh for the playoffs where he could make some noise for us off the bench...

Yeah i know, crazy idea, but hey...its the offseason...just thinking outloud...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

I wonder if Hedo likes the colors purple and gold...

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

God damnit, quit stealing all our players!

Originally posted by GameOver:

God damnit, quit stealing all our players!

Quit trading them to us and then have it bite you in the ass.
now wtf do we do
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
now wtf do we do

Seriously, I can't stand just having baseball for another 2-3 months. Football season needs to start like right now.
Mitch jus said that bringing back Lamar, Trevor and Shannon was "unlikely"

[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jun 21, 2009 at 06:28:17 ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Mitch jus said that bringing back Lamar, Trevor and Shannon was "unlikely"

He said that he wants to keep this team intact and will tell Jerry Buss & the Buss family that when they meet in the next 7-10 days. He is hopeful that Buss will authorize spending money to keep Odom, Ariza, & Brown, but think it's unlikely. The ball is in Buss' court.

That being said, from what I'm reading, Portland's looking to go hard after Ariza. They'd like to dump Outlaw and would like Ariza as their SF if they can't sign Hedo. I like Trevor a lot, but if we're talking $7M+.....see ya. We could go after either Ron Artest of Shawn Marion for the MLE (about $5.5M per year). What Ariza does for us isn't THAT hard to find.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 21, 2009 at 09:13:38 ]
Share 49ersWebzone