There are 160 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

This is really starting to scare me. The thought of losing either Odom and/or Ariza, and then losing our head coach, the only guy that is keeping this team from going right back into KOBE TIME, is just hitting me. We could be a different team next year, especially with talks of coach K. Phil's adjustments in the playoffs during a series alone is so vital. We could have let the Houston series slip away without him, hell even the Denver series.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Very interesting.

The article basically states that Phil Jackson is contemplating the idea of letting Kurt Rambis coach some of the road games this year to minimize the amount of travel that he has to do, but doesn't want to do it too often as to lose control of the team.

to me thats not fair to his team if he cannot commit 100 percent to his team he should just quit, obviously he has some major health issues i think its time to hang it up especially going out on top

he will be missed, he is a great coach but its time to hang it up Phil

Nah. I'd pay Jackson $10M just to coach the Finals. Who cares about the regular season. Just have Jackson come in for the playoffs to play philosophical devil with the media and refs and to keep the players in line.

Thats a good idea, whatever it takes to keep Phil around.

Yeah I love the idea of having Rambis or BShaw coach on the road...

I want to see BShaw get a chance - I think he is going to be one hell of a head coach for years to come.
Yesterday Kupchak stated that he didn't anticipate more than 13 players on the roster next year.

1) Kobe
2) Pau
3) Bynum
4) Fisher
5) Farmar
6) Powell (Mitch said he was expected back)
7) Mbenga (same)
8) Morrison
9) Sasha
10) Walton
11) Odom (hopefully)
12) Ariza (hopefully)
13) Brown (hopefully)

Sun Yue will not be a Laker next year. Since he has a mostly non-guaranteed contract, he'll either be traded for a trade exception, or cut out right. If he's traded for a trade exception, Buss saves about $1.5M between his salary & luxury tax fees. If he's cut outright, he'll save about $1.2M.

We're either selling picks, trading them, or stashing guys overseas. Click the link in the first post for more info, but my guess would be that our 1st Round pick is going to be Jonas Jerebko. I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of the foreigners that I listed.
I got my championship pack in the mail today, as well as this sweet jersey:

And everything fits perfect!!!
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Very interesting.

The article basically states that Phil Jackson is contemplating the idea of letting Kurt Rambis coach some of the road games this year to minimize the amount of travel that he has to do, but doesn't want to do it too often as to lose control of the team.

to me thats not fair to his team if he cannot commit 100 percent to his team he should just quit, obviously he has some major health issues i think its time to hang it up especially going out on top

he will be missed, he is a great coach but its time to hang it up Phil

Nah. I'd pay Jackson $10M just to coach the Finals. Who cares about the regular season. Just have Jackson come in for the playoffs to play philosophical devil with the media and refs and to keep the players in line.

Game time coaching is way overrated. A coach does 95% of work in practice. I dont care if he doesnt make the one day trips to GS, Sac, Phx, Portland. That's hopefully 8 trips he can skip or longer trips he can cut short.
Apparently Phil/Mitch nixed the idea of Phil coaching part time today.
Lakers are likely to trade 1st Round pick
Source: Rockets Turn Down Offer From Lakers

The Lakers contacted the Rockets about dealing for Jordan Farmar or purchasing their first-round pick.

Houston turned Los Angeles down, according to a pair of NBA sources.

The Lakers would be expected to get anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million for the 29th overall pick.

"Absolutely," general manager Mitch Kupchak said when asked if the club would considering dealing the selection. "Sure."

Damnit...I hope we were trying to make a move for Tracy...COME ON MITCH...DO SOMETHING FOR ME YOU PIECE OF s**t...
Originally posted by GameOver:

The Lakers contacted the Rockets about dealing for Jordan Farmar or purchasing their first-round pick.

The Lakers would be expected to get anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million for the 29th overall pick.

"Absolutely," general manager Mitch Kupchak said when asked if the club would considering dealing the selection. "Sure."

Damnit...I hope we were trying to make a move for Tracy...COME ON MITCH...DO SOMETHING FOR ME YOU PIECE OF s**t...

It's literally impossible for us to trade for McGrady unless we're dealing either Pau or Bynum.

It's literally impossible for us to trade for McGrady unless we're dealing either Pau or Bynum.

And that means........GameOver for GameOver's hopes and dreams.

Is that because of his contract #?

Is that because of his contract #?

Yeah. We can't give up enough in contracts to get him.

In other news....

Per Yahoo:

Quote:
New York Knicks officials are telling peers they have purchased the Lakers’ No. 29 pick.
We got $3M as well as a 2011 2nd Round pick from the Knicks for the 29th pick.
570AM just reported that Phil will be back as the full time coach next year.
man things were looking like s**t a couple days ago
Share 49ersWebzone