There are 171 users in the forums

Which pitcher would you take right now for the next decade (post 6/09)

Which pitcher would you take right now for the next decade (post 6/09)

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by jrg:

Not Matt Morris!!!

Thats Adam Wainwright

so is that really your choice for the next 10 years?
Originally posted by crzy:
Lincecum and Matt Cain

There are probably at least 15 similarly aged pitchers or younger I would take over Cain right now.
HOMERS!!
people familiar with Boras' thinking expect the asking price to be $50 million, which would blow away the $10.5 million record for an amateur.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_heyman/06/08/strasburg.nationals/index.html?bcnn=yes

that is ridiculous
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I’m appalled Justin Verlander is not on the list but he will be my vote.
Originally posted by valrod33:
people familiar with Boras' thinking expect the asking price to be $50 million, which would blow away the $10.5 million record for an amateur.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_heyman/06/08/strasburg.nationals/index.html?bcnn=yes

that is ridiculous

Of course it is. Contracts are out of control. Is this any worse than giving Matt Stafford a $41 million in guarantees with a potential for $78 over 6 years?

Anyway.. Stafford will probably get 1/2 that. I would look for a $20-25 million dollar contract. It isnt like the kid is going to pass that up and go play for Ft. Worth.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I’m appalled Justin Verlander is not on the list but he will be my vote.

Verlander was an oversight and my apologies. He was pretty awful last year but he is obviously back on track. I should have remembered him since I do have him on my fantasy team! LOL
I'm gonna take the guy that's just won a Cy Young and has already surpassed 500 K's in a little over 2 years worth of work.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
no love for jon lester??
Originally posted by kj11aw:
no love for jon lester??

I like Lester but its pretty hard to put a pitcher on this list when he isnt even the best pitcher on his own team. Lester has also been pretty mediocre so far this year.

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 10, 2009 at 11:30:34 ]

• kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by kj11aw:
no love for jon lester??

I like Lester but its pretty hard to put a pitcher on this list when he isnt even the best pitcher on his own team. Lester has also been pretty mediocre so far this year.

he was off to a slow start, i'll give you that, but his last 3 have been pretty damn ridiculous.

5/31 at TOR, W, 6IP, 3 hits, 1 run, 12K's
6/6 TEX, W, 9IP, 2 hits, 1 run, 11K's
6/12 at PHI, ND, 7IP, 2 hits, 1 run, 11K's

its not like those 3 teams are cupcakes either....
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by crzy:
Lincecum and Matt Cain

There are probably at least 15 similarly aged pitchers or younger I would take over Cain right now.

List?
How can anyone say Strasburg when he's never played a pro game yet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-rcscantmiss061109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
If Grienke stays healthy and motivated I can see him being the best pitcher in the next decade . Strausberg is too much of a question mark at the moment. I'm not sure if he'll be the next Clemens or next Prior.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
If Grienke stays healthy and motivated I can see him being the best pitcher in the next decade . Strausberg is too much of a question mark at the moment. I'm not sure if he'll be the next Clemens or next Prior.

Grienke had an awesome stretch to start the season, but he's looked pretty human as of late. So good was he, and I'm not saying that he's not, that he was high up there in an SI poll as to the top franchise cornerstones. He still leads the league in ERA, but I think everyone is overrating him just a tad.
Share 49ersWebzone