LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

16 year old on Sports Illustrated cover

Bryce Harper of Las Vegas, baseball player, said to be the next lebron james type young sports prodigy
Originally posted by hofer36:
Bryce Harper of Las Vegas, baseball player, said to be the next lebron james type young sports prodigy

only time will tell
  • JR80
  • Veteran
they did the exact same s**t with Sebastian Telfair....where is that f**ker now?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

6’-3” 205 lbs

Harper hit .626 with 14 home runs and 55 RBIs in 115 at-bats for the Wildcats this season. He hit 22 doubles, nine triples and stole 36 bases. He only struck out five times.

link
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JR80:
they did the exact same s**t with Sebastian Telfair....where is that f**ker now?

They also did the same thing with Lebron James

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 4, 2009 at 06:42:42 ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by JR80:

They also did the same thing with Lebron James

Yeah, and it was a little different with Telfair. He was on the cover and was hyped, but not nearly to the level that LeBron was. LeBron was an NBA quality player by the time he was a Sophomore or Junior in High School. Telfair was the next flashy NYC PG. And those guys are always overhyped.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Telfair was the next flashy NYC PG. And those guys are always overhyped.

Yup. The next Coney Island super hyped prospect is SG Lance Stephenson, a.k.a Sir Lance-a-Lot.

Although his stock has fallen after off-the-court issues (sexual assault).

• TX9R
  • Veteran
I was just thinking, you know there's just not enough pressure on kids these days. Seriously this kind of stuff makes me sad, I feel bad for these "phenoms" who don't get to just enjoy being a kid and playing a game anymore. Everything is potential this and that. They lose the freedom to screw up in high school, really to just be a young dumb kid. I heard the kids parents may let him just quit school so he can enter the draft and start his career... at 17. Poor b*****d goes from puberty to fuill time adult instantly. He'll likely get millions but it will cost him some of the best years of his life.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TX9R:
I was just thinking, you know there's just not enough pressure on kids these days. Seriously this kind of stuff makes me sad, I feel bad for these "phenoms" who don't get to just enjoy being a kid and playing a game anymore. Everything is potential this and that. They lose the freedom to screw up in high school, really to just be a young dumb kid. I heard the kids parents may let him just quit school so he can enter the draft and start his career... at 17. Poor b*****d goes from puberty to fuill time adult instantly. He'll likely get millions but it will cost him some of the best years of his life.

As long as he doesn’t piss it all away on hookers and blow he should be fine.

You better be good if you're that size at that age.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Unless your going to play for the Yankees,then your just gonna suck anyways...
Originally posted by King49er:

True?
Originally posted by King49er:

True?

You agree?
Share 49ersWebzone