There are 229 users in the forums

16 year old on Sports Illustrated cover

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

6’-3” 205 lbs

Harper hit .626 with 14 home runs and 55 RBIs in 115 at-bats for the Wildcats this season. He hit 22 doubles, nine triples and stole 36 bases. He only struck out five times.

link

It's gotta be the roids..
wtf do you do with this guy?

He can be a pitcher because he throws 96 mph

but he hits monster home runs.

If you leave him as catcher, you might be wasting his million dollar arm instead of getting shutouts.
Did they put Josh Hamilton and ARod on the cover?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I was just thinking, you know there's just not enough pressure on kids these days. Seriously this kind of stuff makes me sad, I feel bad for these "phenoms" who don't get to just enjoy being a kid and playing a game anymore. Everything is potential this and that. They lose the freedom to screw up in high school, really to just be a young dumb kid. I heard the kids parents may let him just quit school so he can enter the draft and start his career... at 17. Poor b*****d goes from puberty to fuill time adult instantly. He'll likely get millions but it will cost him some of the best years of his life.

have you seen the documentary hoop dreams? your post kind of reminded me of it

Great movie.

"People say, 'When you make it to the NBA, don't forget about me.' I feel like telling them, 'Well, if I don't make it, make sure you don't forget about me.' "

Haven't seen it. I should be used to it though, Texas pioneered the whole making Gods of high school athletes thing. I justthink about the ones who don't make it and how crappy the rest of their lives must be that they peaked at 16 and never lived up to anyone's expectations. I guess though for a couple a 20 million I could get over it.
If anyone reads Sports Illustrated you'll know the kid I'm talking about. Bryce Harper from Las Vegas Nevada. He is 16...

For anyone that doesn't know him you can read the article online or watch youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQQ5cZD8PgU&feature=related
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=125294
Kids got some talent and an amazing swing!
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=125294

dudes so amazing he can have another thread. or have it merged with the old one.

Besides, that one didnt have a link

[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Jun 10, 2009 at 18:38:59 ]
latest rumuor re bryce harper is that scott boras is calling the shots for him, he has dropped out of his high schoool and his family plans to move him to the dominican republic. Why? So that he can avoid being eligible for the baseball draft and boras can try to peddle him to the highest bidder, in other words yankees or red sox, rather than being constrained to deal with a dreg like team picking atop the draft, like the nationals...should be interesting to see how that plays out
the giants should draft him

that dude smacks homeruns like NOTHING..
Originally posted by hofer36:
latest rumuor re bryce harper is that scott boras is calling the shots for him, he has dropped out of his high schoool and his family plans to move him to the dominican republic. Why? So that he can avoid being eligible for the baseball draft and boras can try to peddle him to the highest bidder, in other words yankees or red sox, rather than being constrained to deal with a dreg like team picking atop the draft, like the nationals...should be interesting to see how that plays out

WOW, unfortunately the kid will be a f**kin yank or red sock giants should bid hardcore as well for him if this is true
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I was just thinking, you know there's just not enough pressure on kids these days. Seriously this kind of stuff makes me sad, I feel bad for these "phenoms" who don't get to just enjoy being a kid and playing a game anymore. Everything is potential this and that. They lose the freedom to screw up in high school, really to just be a young dumb kid. I heard the kids parents may let him just quit school so he can enter the draft and start his career... at 17. Poor b*****d goes from puberty to fuill time adult instantly. He'll likely get millions but it will cost him some of the best years of his life.

have you seen the documentary hoop dreams? your post kind of reminded me of it

Great movie.

"People say, 'When you make it to the NBA, don't forget about me.' I feel like telling them, 'Well, if I don't make it, make sure you don't forget about me.' "

Haven't seen it. I should be used to it though, Texas pioneered the whole making Gods of high school athletes thing. I justthink about the ones who don't make it and how crappy the rest of their lives must be that they peaked at 16 and never lived up to anyone's expectations. I guess though for a couple a 20 million I could get over it.

The entire documentary is on youtube. I rewatched it the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHFGI9dD5xk
Share 49ersWebzone