There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What makes YOU, a Lakers Hater

Disclaimer: This thread isn't in any way aimed at inciting anything

I'll start by saying this. I think the Lakers have the best team in the league right now. The only reason I'm not confident they'll win the finals is because they don't always play at their level IMO, and the Magic have a really good team that has been playing at a high level in this playoffs, so I think they have a chance, a smaller chance than the Lakers, but a chance nonetheless.

But I am, a Lakers hater. I just hate them, I can't really explain why. Is it their cockiness? Is it that I often find myself rooting for the underdog (and the Lakers never are). Is it that I don't like Kobe too much as a person? (IMO, he is easily in conversation for best current player in the league, and that's as much as I'll say) Is it that as a 49ers, Giants, and Warriors fan I am genetically structured to hate LA? I don't know but I do know there are other Lakers haters on this board so I ask them:

What makes YOU, a Lakers hater?

[ Edited by Conejo on Jun 1, 2009 at 10:47:48 ]
Mostly KOBE!
Originally posted by AC49er:
Mostly KOBE!

this

He is the best player in the game right now

I cant stand him, i dont like him as a person or as a player, the thing that put my hate over the top for Kobe was when he ratted Shaq out, he broke the man laws, and he must never be forgiven for doing that. that was the most b***h assnes move ever

My best friend is a laker fan and kobe lover, and so my hate grew even more because of my best friend, who thinks Kobe can do no wrong ever

oh yeah i almost forgot

[ Edited by valrod33 on Jun 1, 2009 at 10:28:03 ]
the colors purple and yellow together
angel
I don't hate the Lakers..I just dislike whatever team Orlando is playing.
for me its the fanbase, the majority of them are arrogant and fair weather.
I met some guy yesterday and he was telling me:
"Shannon Bryant was a better draft pick than Jordan Farmar"

*Don't correct me on the Bryant part this guy fully believed Shannon Browns' last name was Bryant and the lakers drafted him......he had 4 Laker flags on his car.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

*Don't correct me on the Bryant part this guy fully believed Shannon Browns' last name was Bryant and the lakers drafted him......he had 4 Laker flags on his car.

i agree with this
I think people always dislike teams that are consistently on top. The Yankees & Duke come to mind. Does it go beyond that?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think people always dislike teams that are consistently on top. The Yankees & Duke come to mind. Does it go beyond that?

Actually Duke and Yankees fan base is the problem.

Spurs are always on top. Nobody was really hating on the Rockets when they won back to back.

Doubt it. If it did go beyond that then we'd have raptors haters and bucks haters

i think you may be right cuz i also hate the Yankees and the The Floppers, not on the same levels as my hate for the lakers but i hate them pretty bad
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Kobe is selfish and yells at his team all the time. I don't hate him anymore, but I do not like him still. Pau Gasol is a giant retard man with a six inch vetical. He looks stupid, sounds stupid, and plays ugly. I hate watching drive the lane and "dunk" because he holds the ball above his head the whole time and jumps all of 4 inches to dunk. Derek Fisher is a little b***h which he proved in the Rockets series. Luke Walton is terrible and the only reason he is in the NBA is his dad. Radmonovich or whoever that f****t from Europe is, is a giant b***h. I wish I could go to an NBA game and kick him square in the nuts.

Those players are part of the reason, the other reason is the media. Just like the Patriots or Brett Favre, the media can't get off their sack. It is beyond annoying to listen to these guys talk of Kobe as if he is a god amongst men. He is a good player and their team is stacked, but try to be realistic and get off their nuts. They have benefited from bad refereeing just like every other team that wins a close series.

That's what makes me a Lakers hater.
Quote:
Pau Gasol is a giant retard man.....

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

i agree with this

This is the type of thing that always causes the downfall of threads like this. Be careful in making accusations like that, and on the other side of the coin...Laker fans need to try not to take offense.

If this thread takes a turn toward personal attacks it will be locked.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com