There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Originally posted by ninerpride:
Napier is an ass.

He's been ripping Rubio all week long and all of a sudden since OKC and MEM have young PGs, he's now all excited about Rubio falling to 4.

lol That's not even going to happen. Conley hasn't done anything yet and OKC could shift Westbrook to the 2. Rubio's not getting past Memphis at 2. Napear is an imbecile.

And it's no shocker that we get f**ked over ONCE AGAIN. Seriously. I don't even know what to say. 17 wins and all we get is the 4th pick? What the flying mother f**k!!!??? Someone bust out the razorblades plz. I don't even know. I am so discouraged about this. Maybe Petrie can trade the god damn pick and get someone to actually contribute right away.
What you need is another stupid team like the W's to trade away a proven stud like Richmond for a top 3-4 pick like they did back in the early 90s with the Owens-Richmond swap.

Too bad I don't see another stupid org as the W's were then and are now.

At this time, if the top three picks or Griffen, Rubio, Thabeet...

I think it'll be between Evans or Jennings to help solve out the PG situation as Uldrich played like a dog for the most part last season after signing that long term deal.
lol oh well.

I figured as much. I guess that ends the debate if we should take Griffin since we already have Thompson and Hawes. That would have been a nice frontcourt with those 3.
[ Edited by BoiseNiner on May 19, 2009 at 6:29 PM ]
Gavin the Kings owner is in full spin mode about picking 14th.

Basically saying it's been YEARS since the Kings drafted that high.

Stop please.

Maybe you could feel optimistic if they stayed had the 3rd or 4th best chance and eventually ended up with the 4th pick but not when you had the best chance and the worst case scenario happened and that's drop out of the top 3 entirely.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Gavin the Kings owner is in full spin mode about picking 14th.

Basically saying it's been YEARS since the Kings drafted that high.

Stop please.

Maybe you could feel optimistic if they stayed had the 3rd or 4th best chance and eventually ended up with the 4th pick but not when you had the best chance and the worst case scenario happened and that's drop out of the top 3 entirely.

He needs to just be honest and admit that this freaking sucks.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I was listening to KHTK too. I'm so jealous that the Kings have their own flagship station

Anyways, I wouldn't be too upset if I was a Kings fan.

You can get Tyrke Evans at 4, and then draft Maynor/Mills at 23. That would be a SICK draft.
[ Edited by crzy on May 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM ]
My night in Tweets/Facebook/Texts:

5:20pm "Lottery night! I'm getting nervous! Come on Webb!"
5:22pm "Getting pumped for the lottery. Big night for the Kings future!"
5:50pm "4th. Neat."
5:53pm "4th. Sweet."
5:56pm "Las Vegas Kings it is."
6:00pm re: f*ck the NBA "co-signed"
6:01pm "We'll be alright. We'll get possibly a better fit. A guard to pair with Kev. Stings but there is a bright side."
6:03pm "Already thinking positive. We'll get a better fit for our team. Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Jonny Flynn, Demar Derozan."
6:35pm "Head up. We aight."

So as you can see, I'm ready to embrace our spot. Griffin would have been great, no doubt. But we can still get a good player in this draft, and he might even make a whole lot more sense.

Pair Evans for example with Kevin, JT, Spencer, 23rd pick. I think we'll survive.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
My night in Tweets/Facebook/Texts:

5:20pm "Lottery night! I'm getting nervous! Come on Webb!"
5:22pm "Getting pumped for the lottery. Big night for the Kings future!"
5:50pm "4th. Neat."
5:53pm "4th. Sweet."
5:56pm "Las Vegas Kings it is."
6:00pm re: f*ck the NBA "co-signed"
6:01pm "We'll be alright. We'll get possibly a better fit. A guard to pair with Kev. Stings but there is a bright side."
6:03pm "Already thinking positive. We'll get a better fit for our team. Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Jonny Flynn, Demar Derozan."
6:35pm "Head up. We aight."

So as you can see, I'm ready to embrace our spot. Griffin would have been great, no doubt. But we can still get a good player in this draft, and he might even make a whole lot more sense.

Pair Evans for example with Kevin, JT, Spencer, 23rd pick. I think we'll survive.

but still suck
Worst case scenario, guess thats the Kings luck. At least it wasn't the Lebron sweepstakes. I'm of the position at this point that I think we just suck again next year and have a shot at the lottery again.

I gotta wonder though about a system that is supposed to prevent teams from tanking the Clippers had no business getting the first pick.
Quick Mock Check - Kings #4 pick

Me: Tyreke Evans
crzy: Tyreke Evans
Chad Ford, ESPN: Jordan Hill
NBADraft.net: Jordan Hill
DraftExpress: Brandon Jennings
This draft and our luck makes me feel like a f**king raiders fan We better atleast pick Evans or Jennings
Don't think you can go wrong with Jennings or Evans.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

Man I hope you're right, but thats a tough pill to swallow. Lots of questions about both those guys.
I feel bad for the Kings. From a lack of talent standpoint, they needed a top 2 pick the most.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

Unless the Kings want to suck another year with Udrih at PG, they better take Jennings. Evans is not a true PG.