LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Super9er81:
Does Rubio's recent injury scare any Kings fans away, I haven't heard much on how serious it is, but I was just curious if its something would scare teams away from him. Maybe more importantly is it bad enough to keep him out of the draft?

Rubio was back today. Looks like everything is OK.

30 mins, 16 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists.

Kings have a workout scheduled for May 21 with UCLA guard Jrue Holliday as the headliner.

Lottery tomorrow, guys!
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Does Rubio's recent injury scare any Kings fans away, I haven't heard much on how serious it is, but I was just curious if its something would scare teams away from him. Maybe more importantly is it bad enough to keep him out of the draft?

Kings have a workout scheduled for May 21 with UCLA guard Jrue Holliday as the headliner.

Lottery tomorrow, guys!

Link? BTW KINGS WILL GET THE #1 PICK, I FEEL IT!
Sorry. Holliday invited to May 21 workout

I hope you're right! I'm not as confident but I'll be wearing some Kings gear tomorrow for good luck.

#1 would be great, but I'm confident in Petrie where ever we land.
What if the Kings don't get the first or second pick and a Griffen or Rubio aren't available, who do you draft then?

Considering in recent years teams with the best chances has dropped out of the first few spots, aka the Grizz the past two years and BOS two years ago in the Oden/Durant sweepstakes, least in the recent past, having the best chance to land the #1 pick isn't a lock and isn't even a lock to get the #2 pick and there's where everybody this year wants to be because of those two prospects at most ranking lists of this year's prospect.

I listen to 1140 and all they talk about is a PG because Uldrich didn't get the job done.

Seems like they're settled at the 2(Martin), 4(Thompson), and 5(Hawes) positions.

So who at the 1 and 3 positions could be there lets say at the 3 or at worst 4 spots that the Kings would be interested in.

-Thabeet, I don't think SAC would draft him. Could use that defensive presence but with Hawes already there, seems like he's the big man the team will build around even over Thompson who I still don't know if he's starter material long term.

-Hill is a 4 but would they go back to back years drafting a PF after Thompson showed some signs he could be a solid pro.

-Harden, don't know if he's a 2 or 3 in the NBA but personally wasn't all that impressed with him watching him in the Pac 10 the past two years.

-Evans, could be a guy who shoots up the draft especially if he does well at the pre draft workouts. Could he play side by side with Martin for the next decade?

-Jennings, well he's the PG this team could be looking for this offseason although I don't know if he's worthy of a top 3 or 4 pick although if he's projected as a player who could be drafted in the early half of the top 10, don't think it'd be a huge mistake to draft him a spot or two early at the most.

I don' know if any other prospect I didn't named could be a top 3 or 4 pick in this draft.
I like your list. The only guy I'd add is Jonny Flynn.

I think if we fall out of top 2, we've got to look PG.

#1 Griffin - So far ahead of the others talent wise that it makes sense to draft him despite JT and Hawes.

#2 Rubio - This seems to be the consensus.

#3....
Thabeet - I don't see us going Thabeet. Spencer has the 5 pretty locked down, and Thabeet is not an offensive force. Maybe in time. But I just don't see star potential.

Hill - Again, outside of Griffin, I don't see any PF's that would make sense considering Jason Thompson.

Evans - I agree with you. This is a guy who could start rising and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at #3/4.

Harden - I'd trust Petrie if he went with Harden, but something is missing from his game. I like his intangibles but I wanted to see him dominate some of those NCAA Tourney games and he seemed to just blend in and struggle.

Jennings - His stock is supposedly rising, and I'm a fan. Gained maturity in Europe. Lightning quick.

Flynn - Another PG I like. Young but has the skills to really thrive. I like his attitude. Very assertive on the court.

Trade - If we fall to 3 or 4, maybe a trade becomes a possibility. Pick up a solid veteran and move down a few slots and still get one of the prospects above.

So I think things will be OK if we don't get #1.
Sorry. Holliday invited to May 21 workout

I hope you're right! I'm not as confident but I'll be wearing some Kings gear tomorrow for good luck.

#1 would be great, but I'm confident in Petrie where ever we land.

Thanks man. I'm actually glad Donte is working out. He needs to get stronger and most of his minutes at the end of the year came at the 4, I think he plays better there. I like Holliday too but he's an odd player, could go anywhere from 3 or 4 to 25 IMO. Like you said I'm confident in Geoff no matter what, but we're getting #1 IMO. I can feel it
Originally posted by ninerpride:
What if the Kings don't get the first or second pick and a Griffen or Rubio aren't available, who do you draft then?

Considering in recent years teams with the best chances has dropped out of the first few spots, aka the Grizz the past two years and BOS two years ago in the Oden/Durant sweepstakes, least in the recent past, having the best chance to land the #1 pick isn't a lock and isn't even a lock to get the #2 pick and there's where everybody this year wants to be because of those two prospects at most ranking lists of this year's prospect.

I listen to 1140 and all they talk about is a PG because Uldrich didn't get the job done.

Seems like they're settled at the 2(Martin), 4(Thompson), and 5(Hawes) positions.

So who at the 1 and 3 positions could be there lets say at the 3 or at worst 4 spots that the Kings would be interested in.

-Thabeet, I don't think SAC would draft him. Could use that defensive presence but with Hawes already there, seems like he's the big man the team will build around even over Thompson who I still don't know if he's starter material long term.

-Hill is a 4 but would they go back to back years drafting a PF after Thompson showed some signs he could be a solid pro.

-Harden, don't know if he's a 2 or 3 in the NBA but personally wasn't all that impressed with him watching him in the Pac 10 the past two years.

-Evans, could be a guy who shoots up the draft especially if he does well at the pre draft workouts. Could he play side by side with Martin for the next decade?

-Jennings, well he's the PG this team could be looking for this offseason although I don't know if he's worthy of a top 3 or 4 pick although if he's projected as a player who could be drafted in the early half of the top 10, don't think it'd be a huge mistake to draft him a spot or two early at the most.

I don' know if any other prospect I didn't named could be a top 3 or 4 pick in this draft.

I like Jennings and Thabeet. Both address major needs and compare in talent to the others behind Rubio and Griffin. I think there is a better chance of finding a PG later in the draft (23) than a big so maybe I'd lean a little more toward Thabeet. Lets hope we don't end up in that position though...

Lottery tomorrow, guys!

Thats good to hear. Holiday has been all over draft boards from what I've seen. I like his potential but I'm surprised he entered the draft after the year he had. I wouldn't mind at all taking him at 23.
4 out of the last 19 teams that had the best chance to win the lottery has won it.

So less than 20% the Kings land the #1 pick.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
4 out of the last 19 teams that had the best chance to win the lottery has won it.

So less than 20% the Kings land the #1 pick.

No there's a 25% chance. We're not competing for all the past #1 picks, we're competing for this one. We have 250 combinations out of 1000 possible combinations of ping pong balls. Thus-25%.

We need Griffin! Dudes going to dominate in the NBA!
Poor Kings fans...
Sorry fellas.
We get #4? That is pretty much what I expected. (well 3 or 4 actually, no way we could get top 2).
Napier is an ass.

He's been ripping Rubio all week long and all of a sudden since OKC and MEM have young PGs, he's now all excited about Rubio falling to 4.
Share 49ersWebzone