LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 273 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

A big offseason for our franchise.

DRAFT: Three picks in the top 31 including possibly the #1 overall pick. Do we go Griffin? Does he fit in with our big men? If we land outside #1, do we go PG (Rubio)? Do we trade down/up?

FREE AGENTS: The trades we made this year were done specifically to free up cap space for THIS summer. Do we make a run at any free agents? Are there any worth our cap space? Do any want to come to Sac? Do we re-sign Diogu after his 2-game explosion? Bobby J? McCants?

TRADES: I think it's longshot we'll see any trades, but you never know what could pop up.

COACH: Have to bring in an experienced coach. I still think Theus should have been given this whole season. No knock on Kenny Natt, but his stint was close to useless. So who do we go with? Eddie Jordan? Avery Johnson? John Whisenant (please no)? Mike Fratello? Paul Silas? Del Harris?

With that said, the first exciting date for us is May 19th. Lottery Day.
Hmm, yeah there are a ton of questions for us. I would like to see us take Brandon Jennings, but if we get the 1st pick we probably should take Griffin. I don't know what that would do to our big man rotation though. Does Spencer go to the bench? Or JT? Or do they start and Griffin is the 3rd man? I would probably make the front line JT at 5 and Griffin at 4 just because it gives you better D and rebounding. Jennings would solve our PG problem though.

I would like to see Hubie Brown coach this team actually, but I wouldn't mind Fratello, or Del Harris, or Avery Johnson. I really don't want Whisnutt or Jordan, they both suck.

As far as the FAs go I think we might go after Hedo, re-sign Bobby to a small contract for 2 years. That'd be nice. If we don't get Hedo and we go Griffin or Thabeet or something in the first round we might take a stab at a PG like Nate Robinson or Andre Miller.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Hmm, yeah there are a ton of questions for us. I would like to see us take Brandon Jennings, but if we get the 1st pick we probably should take Griffin. I don't know what that would do to our big man rotation though. Does Spencer go to the bench? Or JT? Or do they start and Griffin is the 3rd man? I would probably make the front line JT at 5 and Griffin at 4 just because it gives you better D and rebounding. Jennings would solve our PG problem though.

I would like to see Hubie Brown coach this team actually, but I wouldn't mind Fratello, or Del Harris, or Avery Johnson. I really don't want Whisnutt or Jordan, they both suck.

As far as the FAs go I think we might go after Hedo, re-sign Bobby to a small contract for 2 years. That'd be nice. If we don't get Hedo and we go Griffin or Thabeet or something in the first round we might take a stab at a PG like Nate Robinson or Andre Miller.

Yeah, I like Brandon Jennings as well, but seeing as how we can't drop further than #4, I doubt he'd be the choice (unless we move down). At #1, it's gotta be Griffin. He comes off the bench initially. Then you just let it play out. I could see all 3 playing together at times.

I actually like Eddie Jordan, would rather pass on Hubie Brown, Del Harris and Avery Johnson. I'd consider Fratello or Silas.

Heard the Hedo rumor as well. He'd be a good fit -- I don't know how plausible it would be that he would sign here though.

Either way, we won't have many spots available.

G - Beno, Martin, Cisco
F - Nocioni, Thompson, Greene, K.Thomas
C - Hawes

+ 3 draft picks = 11 players. + Decisions on Diogu/McCants/Bobby J.
Johnny Flynn has entered the draft! WE BETTER DRAFT HIM!
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:

With Rubio in now, I think if we land in the top 2, our choice will be simple -- Griffin or Rubio. But if we fall to 3 or 4, who knows -- maybe Flynn becomes an option or we trade down.
I'd pass on Avery Johnson
Maloofs have some crucial decisions to make this offseason and they better pan out because one more bad decision on a coach and they might as well sell the team. (Same can be said about the Yorks though I'd never bail on my Niners, not so invested on the Kings)
Petrie headed to Europe on Friday to look at Rubio, Brandon Jennings, maybe more.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:

With Rubio in now, I think if we land in the top 2, our choice will be simple -- Griffin or Rubio. But if we fall to 3 or 4, who knows -- maybe Flynn becomes an option or we trade down.

I really want Blake Griffin. You can't pass on a player of that caliber. I have no problem whatsoever with drafting either or (Rubio, Flynn).

Yeah, I like Brandon Jennings as well, but seeing as how we can't drop further than #4, I doubt he'd be the choice (unless we move down). At #1, it's gotta be Griffin. He comes off the bench initially. Then you just let it play out. I could see all 3 playing together at times.

I actually like Eddie Jordan, would rather pass on Hubie Brown, Del Harris and Avery Johnson. I'd consider Fratello or Silas.

Heard the Hedo rumor as well. He'd be a good fit -- I don't know how plausible it would be that he would sign here though.

G - Beno, Martin, Cisco
C - Hawes

why the hell is Kenny Thomas still on the team?

Originally posted by 49erman5692:

G - Beno, Martin, Cisco
C - Hawes

why the hell is Kenny Thomas still on the team?

I know -- it seems like his contract has been going forever.

We're finally in a decent spot with him because he'll be this year's Raef LaFrentz -- a big expiring deal that can either be used to acquire a better player or we can finally just let that thing end and get the cap room.
Any news on who we are looking at for coach?
I'm so pumped for John and Brad right now. Look at John taking over games and Miller bouncing back. I'm seriously proud of those guys.

I'd say Chicago owes us, but then I remembered we got Nocioni, so we'll call it even.
Yeah Brad was clutch tonight for Chi, he scored the final 5 points of regulation IIRC to help them get into overtime and John had the big game with 35 points.

If NO fires Scott we better hire him ASAP.
I wonder if the Byron-Scott-to-Sac rumor ever had any validity, outside of the Sac Bee just speculating. Looks like that is a dead end with New Orleans expected to endorse him tomorrow.

Still same candidates -- The Bee mentions Eddie Jordan, Bernie Bickerstaff and Paul Westphal. Of those 3 I like Jordan.

We'll see.
Share 49ersWebzone