LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by Conejo:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Conejo:
I keep reading y'alls post about PG's you'd like to draft and most of you talk about their potential on offense ... OFFENSE? ain't we got enough of that? I'd rather have an average offensive PG who was above average on defense, and also someone tall enough who could defend the 2 guards because Monta can't even cover a 1 consistently

Just my .02, and I still would like to give Marco a shot at the PG spot

You are right about someone that can defend a 2 guard. Too bad, there isn't a big guard in this draft that can pass and play defense like Lebron.

I'd say draft a point guard anyways and worry about the Def later. We did lead the league in block shots so I'm not too worried. The only kind of defense I expect from our PG's (Monta included) is mainly to stay in front of their opponents and not give up blow-bys. Maybe taking a few charges now and then would be fine. If you look around the league, most starting PG's can't defend anyone anyways.

My sleeper pick I think who would be perfect is Ty Lawson. He's got the speed, he rather dish the ball than ballhog and he plays the kind of Def I was just talking about. I'd rather take him instead of Rubio (the Spanish matador defender). I must admit, Rubio seems to have a smoother control of the game though.

God, is it too much to ask to get John Wall on our team???

I like Ty, but you wanna pair Monta with a 5'11" guy?

It's not a perfect fit, but there isn't a big PG (that plays good D) that will be available to us anyways. It's not like we have a lot of choices. As a PG, Ty has the speed to take charges as well as going anywhere he wants on offense. The things I like is he's not a score first PG. He has the mentality of pass first and he has strength. He also seems to play with pride.
[ Edited by ninerpride on Apr 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM ]
OT but what ya'll think about getting crabtree? I didn't hear the news until I came home from work at 6:30. lol soo awesome
Originally posted by Method:
OT but what ya'll think about getting crabtree? I didn't hear the news until I came home from work at 6:30. lol soo awesome

Warriors draft their future SF Michael Crabtree

I don't think its a good idea. He hasn't played basketball since HS and we don't know about his PG skills. Great pick for the Niners though.

Originally posted by ritchie:

I don't think its a good idea. He hasn't played basketball since HS and we don't know about his PG skills. Great pick for the Niners though.

probably better then crawford, maggette and jackson
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I was ecstatic when the Warriors drafted Anthony Randolph but I practically nutted in my pants when the Niners stole Crabtree.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

probably better then crawford, maggette and jackson

He's only 6-1, he'd have to play point guard.
Sure - but can he hit a 100mph Brian Wilson fast ball?
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
I was ecstatic when the Warriors drafted Anthony Randolph but I practically nutted in my pants when the Niners stole Crabtree.

this

Originally posted by JR80:

this

this part two
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by JR80:

this

this part two

Yeah. I was wondering what you guys thought since some of my favorite posters are here and the main forum is a huge random post-a-thon right now lol
FRESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Can't get enough of the clip when he dunked on Yao.
Share 49ersWebzone