There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by AC49er:
Patty Mills

I like him a lot but not at 7.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by Conejo:
I keep reading y'alls post about PG's you'd like to draft and most of you talk about their potential on offense ... OFFENSE? ain't we got enough of that? I'd rather have an average offensive PG who was above average on defense, and also someone tall enough who could defend the 2 guards because Monta can't even cover a 1 consistently

Just my .02, and I still would like to give Marco a shot at the PG spot

Point guards need to be able to distribute.

Marco Belinelli is not an NBA-caliber distributor.

Marco Belinelli is less of a point guard than Monta Ellis and Jamal Crawford.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,405
Are we really going to even look at PGs in the draft? I thought Nelson made it clear that Ellis will have to be the PG for the team...
Outman again comes out of the pen, again does this mean that Gallagher is going to the rotation soon.

I'll beat this horse to death until I actually see it happen.

Gallagher should be in the A's rotation and have felt that since really it was announced that he wouldn't the last week or two of ST.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Outman again comes out of the pen, again does this mean that Gallagher is going to the rotation soon.

I'll beat this horse to death until I actually see it happen.

Gallagher should be in the A's rotation and have felt that since really it was announced that he wouldn't the last week or two of ST.

Discount the last post again.

As for Ellis being a PG, W's need a legit PG.

Look at the Nellie run teams over the past few decades and see which teams did very well.

W's during the Run TMC years with Hardaway, Spree-Webber one year run when I think it was Avery at the PG spot, in DAL he had Nash, and for 06 and 07 he had Davis.

Ellis as a distributor isn't close to any of those PGs of Nellie's past.
If Rowell has his way, the pick's going to suck.

I can see it now:

With the 7th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Golden State Warriors select:

"Tyler Hansborough, Forward, North Carolina"

Originally posted by ritchie:
If Rowell has his way, the pick's going to suck.

I can see it now:

With the 7th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Golden State Warriors select:

"Tyler Hansborough, Forward, North Carolina"


that move would be just plain retarded.
This coming from the same org that drafted Fuller over Kobe and then Foyle over McGrady.

And that's just in terms of the many draft day gaffs they've pulled, lets not go into their horrible signings even in the past decade.

Nothing would surprise me with what this franchise does anymore.
Originally posted by Conejo:
I keep reading y'alls post about PG's you'd like to draft and most of you talk about their potential on offense ... OFFENSE? ain't we got enough of that? I'd rather have an average offensive PG who was above average on defense, and also someone tall enough who could defend the 2 guards because Monta can't even cover a 1 consistently

Just my .02, and I still would like to give Marco a shot at the PG spot


You are right about someone that can defend a 2 guard. Too bad, there isn't a big guard in this draft that can pass and play defense like Lebron.

I'd say draft a point guard anyways and worry about the Def later. We did lead the league in block shots so I'm not too worried. The only kind of defense I expect from our PG's (Monta included) is mainly to stay in front of their opponents and not give up blow-bys. Maybe taking a few charges now and then would be fine. If you look around the league, most starting PG's can't defend anyone anyways.

My sleeper pick I think who would be perfect is Ty Lawson. He's got the speed, he rather dish the ball than ballhog and he plays the kind of Def I was just talking about. I'd rather take him instead of Rubio (the Spanish matador defender). I must admit, Rubio seems to have a smoother control of the game though.

God, is it too much to ask to get John Wall on our team???
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 23, 2009 at 1:40 AM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Conejo:
I keep reading y'alls post about PG's you'd like to draft and most of you talk about their potential on offense ... OFFENSE? ain't we got enough of that? I'd rather have an average offensive PG who was above average on defense, and also someone tall enough who could defend the 2 guards because Monta can't even cover a 1 consistently

Just my .02, and I still would like to give Marco a shot at the PG spot


You are right about someone that can defend a 2 guard. Too bad, there isn't a big guard in this draft that can pass and play defense like Lebron.

I'd say draft a point guard anyways and worry about the Def later. We did lead the league in block shots so I'm not too worried. The only kind of defense I expect from our PG's (Monta included) is mainly to stay in front of their opponents and not give up blow-bys. Maybe taking a few charges now and then would be fine. If you look around the league, most starting PG's can't defend anyone anyways.

My sleeper pick I think who would be perfect is Ty Lawson. He's got the speed, he rather dish the ball than ballhog and he plays the kind of Def I was just talking about. I'd rather take him instead of Rubio (the Spanish matador defender). I must admit, Rubio seems to have a smoother control of the game though.

God, is it too much to ask to get John Wall on our team???

I like Ty, but you wanna pair Monta with a 5'11" guy?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Not interested in Ty Lawson.

Flynn and Jennings are the only short guys we should consider at 7.

I have a feeling Evans will be gone.
I was just talking to a buddy of mine that has some decent connections to the NBA, and he mentioned in passing that Brandan Wright is on the trade block. I don't know if that's "news" to you guys or anything, but I thought it was interesting. We were discussing cheap offseason options to replace Odom (if it comes down to that), and Wright was one of the names that came up as being available. Just thought I'd pass that along.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I was just talking to a buddy of mine that has some decent connections to the NBA, and he mentioned in passing that Brandan Wright is on the trade block. I don't know if that's "news" to you guys or anything, but I thought it was interesting. We were discussing cheap offseason options to replace Odom (if it comes down to that), and Wright was one of the names that came up as being available. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Not surprising.

I think the Warriors have been trying to use Wright to dump Maggette/Crawford and your friend got wind of it.
Originally posted by ritchie:
If Rowell has his way, the pick's going to suck.

I can see it now:

With the 7th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Golden State Warriors select:

"Tyler Hansborough, Forward, North Carolina"


I imagined this for a quick second, and out of my own control, a tear rolled down my cheek
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com