There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by kronik:
Screw that scrawny pushover named Rubio!

The guy the NBA is drooling over is John Wall. He may actually be the first pick overall if he is allowed to enter the draft (5 years in High School).

Closest comparison: Derrick Rose with better PG skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNUboK4Xk-I

this has been established. he is not entering this draft.

Really? You have a link? Not that I don't believe you, but the Bill Simmons report on ESPN was just a week ago where it was still up in the air.

I do not have the link, I believe it was posted in the Warriors regular season thread that his coach had stated that he wouldnt enter, not to mention many on the board agreed that the commish would not let him enter due to setting a bad precedent.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
John Wall won't enter the draft. He'll go number 1 in 2010.

His eligibility for the 2009 draft is still questionable.
Man im not sure why people are down on Jennings, watching him hes got great ball skills and looks to be a pretty good passer. Not sure about his Defense, but he looks like hed be a good fit with ellis.
ru-bi-o
Man im not sure why people are down on Jennings, watching him hes got great ball skills and looks to be a pretty good passer. Not sure about his Defense, but he looks like hed be a good fit with ellis.

They'd be explosive and fast, and I'm sure Nellie would like that.

Defense may be out of the question though. They'd be the smallest backcourt in the NBA.

I still wouldn't mind Jennings.
They'd be by far the smallest backcourt in the NBA.

Jennings is what 6'1" 180 maybe and Ellis is taller at about 6'3" but would potentially weigh about the same as he's listed at 177 on yahoo.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Defense may be out of the question though. They'd be the smallest backcourt in the NBA.

Hm, I suppose Defense would be the main concern.

my only problem with drafting Evans is that we would end up with another off guard, never a true pg.
I keep reading y'alls post about PG's you'd like to draft and most of you talk about their potential on offense ... OFFENSE? ain't we got enough of that? I'd rather have an average offensive PG who was above average on defense, and also someone tall enough who could defend the 2 guards because Monta can't even cover a 1 consistently

Just my .02, and I still would like to give Marco a shot at the PG spot
Originally posted by Conejo:
I keep reading y'alls post about PG's you'd like to draft and most of you talk about their potential on offense ... OFFENSE? ain't we got enough of that? I'd rather have an average offensive PG who was above average on defense, and also someone tall enough who could defend the 2 guards because Monta can't even cover a 1 consistently

The artist formerly known as Vrabbit has a point here.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

are you laughing at me having a point or at my Marco at PG suggestion?

You point! Your point! I thought the use of OFFENSE? was funny!

You point! Your point! I thought the use of OFFENSE? was funny!

that's what I thought, punk
Patty Mills
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Hm, I suppose Defense would be the main concern.

my only problem with drafting Evans is that we would end up with another off guard, never a true pg.

What makes you think that Evans isn't or can't be an NBA-caliber PG? Don't let his height/length fool you. The dude can handle the rock.
  • crzy
  • Veteran

Yeah, I'm still stuck on Jennings hype from last year.

Sometimes his Euro stats and the Telfair comparisons scare me away, but then I remember watching him in awe at the McDonalds game last year.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com