LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by joesfumanchu:
Originally posted by Method:
What's with all the new names? I have no idea who anyone is anymore.

Well, Jennings was the top PG out of high school last year who elected to go to Europe to play ball instead of college. Rubio, I'm sure you know who this kid is.

No, he's talking about the new usernames in this thread who weren't in the Warriors thread during the season.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Evans is the third best prospect in this draft after Rubio and Griffin.

I hope he's available when we're up. I like this kid.
Originally posted by Jigga:

I hope he's available when we're up. I like this kid.

Me too. Great size and athleticism, and enough PG skills to be VERY intriguing. crzy may very well be right about him being the 3rd best prospect in the draft.
Dunno if you guys care, but I thought that you might be interested considering your PG situation.

For the sake of cutting payroll, I would imagine that Farmar can be had for free this summer. I think he'd do well in GS. Problem is, the Lakers will probably want a trade exception instead of a player, which you guys don't have. (unless Farmar's included as part of a bigger package)
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM ]
I'd be happy with Evans or Jennings. Rubio looks to be gone when we pick
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dunno if you guys care, but I thought that you might be interested considering your PG situation.

For the sake of cutting payroll, I would imagine that Farmar can be had for free this summer. I think he'd do well in GS. Problem is, the Lakers will probably want a trade exception instead of a player, which you guys don't have. (unless Farmar's included as part of a bigger package)

I'd love Farmar, but don't think the Warriors and Lakers make good trade partners.

I bet the Lakers could get a conditional first round pick for him.

I'd love Farmar, but don't think the Warriors and Lakers make good trade partners.

I'd be THRILLED if that happened.

Thoughts on Jennings?
Originally posted by Method:
What's with all the new names? I have no idea who anyone is anymore.

IdentityCrisis = 49ersAREMYLIFE

if it makes any difference to you. and i posted some what regularly in the warriors thread.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

If Marcus Williams and Javaris Crittenton can get conditional first rounders, then Farmar should be able to.

If Marcus Williams and Javaris Crittenton can get conditional first rounders, then Farmar should be able to.

Touche.

I think that this is a GREAT summer to be a buyer. It's definitely a buyer's market. Most of the teams in the league are looking to dump payroll, and guys will come cheap as a result.

There's actually some rumors in LA that Buss will try to be a buyer this summer because of this, but we'll see. (and this is the GSW offseason thread, so I'll shut up now)
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Touche.

I think that this is a GREAT summer to be a buyer. It's definitely a buyer's market. Most of the teams in the league are looking to dump payroll, and guys will come cheap as a result.

There's actually some rumors in LA that Buss will try to be a buyer this summer because of this, but we'll see. (and this is the GSW offseason thread, so I'll shut up now)

Definitely right about the buyer's market.

And there is going to be so many good guards in the 10-25 range: Jrue Holiday, Stephen Curry, Eric Maynor, Patty Mills, Ty Lawson.

Anyone willing to fork over a few million for a mid-late 1st rounder is going to get a steal.
Screw that scrawny pushover named Rubio!

The guy the NBA is drooling over is John Wall. He may actually be the first pick overall if he is allowed to enter the draft (5 years in High School).

Closest comparison: Derrick Rose with better PG skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNUboK4Xk-I
Originally posted by kronik:

The guy the NBA is drooling over is John Wall. He may actually be the first pick overall if he is allowed to enter the draft (5 years in High School).

this has been established. he is not entering this draft.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by kronik:

this has been established. he is not entering this draft.

Really? You have a link? Not that I don't believe you, but the Bill Simmons report on ESPN was just a week ago where it was still up in the air.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 22, 2009 at 3:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone