49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 793 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez

Velez or Bowker certainly just benefited from this. I think one stays and one goes to minors.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
G-men highlights vs. Dodgers today:

Homeruns by aurillia, sandoval, and guzman

Posey: 2 for 2 with a rbi and a run
Sandoval: 3 for 3 with a rbi and 2 runs
Guzman: 1 for 2 with 2 rbis and a run
Ishikawa 2 for 4 with a rbi and a run
Burriss: 2 for 5 with a rbi and a run and a sb

oh ya, and zito let in 3 in 2 2/3


i love kung fu panda!

I think Bruce Jenkins had a good term for the Giants lineup in his column today...he noted that it was "interesting, but still basically punchless", noting that Molina would be a good #6 or #7 hitter in a lineup that was properly constructed.

Its going to be interesting seeing if we can effectively mount any challenge this year in the NL West, and I'm still doubtful. Too much reliance on the pitching staff, that no matter how good, will have its off days. There's just no offense there to take up the slack.

Look for some nasty fan reaction at AT&T if we tank...especially against the Dodgers when Manny comes in and cranks a couple towards the big mitt.

I just cannot see the Giants being competitive this year with this lineup. They were horrible last year with Timmy having an incredible season AND there has been no punch added to the lineup. (I'm sorry.. I dont think Renteria will be that great)

The Dodgers have a very solid lineup with a decent pitching staff. To me, they are the favorites. Arizona has a good lineup with the best staff in the league. Yes.. better than the Giants.

I still believe the Giants are 2 years away from being the top team in the West. 2011 will be the year!

The Dodgers lineup is good, but far from reliable, besides Manny. Last year they didn't have a single person with 100 RBI's (even though Manny was well on his way). I think he's the biggest question. If he's good Manny, they'll play well and if he's bad Manny they are going to stink. Their staff is incredibly unproven behind Billingsley. Could Kershaw and Kuroda be good? Sure. Could they be horrible? It's a possibility.

I think Arizona should take the division, and if they don't that would be a shame for them. This may be the homer in me but I don't think their staff is better than the Giants. Webb and Haren are like Lincecum and Cain (with run support). Sanchez is good but unproven. I'd say he's better than Davis. I'd say Garland and Johnson are comparable. Scherzer is unproven, and Zito is....well, Zito. Pitching-wise I think the Giants match well with them, but their hitters are in another league.

I agree though, the Giants should be very competitive in a couple of years if Posey and Villalona are ready to play full time and Pablito has evolved into a good 3B. However, I don't think the Giants are totally out of it this season, remember they are in the weakest division in baseball

We have had our differences but i couldnt agree more with you here. We know our pitching staff is good, if guys like Sandoval, Renteria, Ishikawa and Lewis surprise and play out of their mind then i think we have a very solid shot at winning the division
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez

Velez or Bowker certainly just benefited from this. I think one stays and one goes to minors.

cmonnnnnnnn Bowker. I think Velez gets sent down, dudes Defense is just horrid.
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
G-men highlights vs. Dodgers today:

Homeruns by aurillia, sandoval, and guzman

Posey: 2 for 2 with a rbi and a run
Sandoval: 3 for 3 with a rbi and 2 runs
Guzman: 1 for 2 with 2 rbis and a run
Ishikawa 2 for 4 with a rbi and a run
Burriss: 2 for 5 with a rbi and a run and a sb

oh ya, and zito let in 3 in 2 2/3


i love kung fu panda!

I think Bruce Jenkins had a good term for the Giants lineup in his column today...he noted that it was "interesting, but still basically punchless", noting that Molina would be a good #6 or #7 hitter in a lineup that was properly constructed.

Its going to be interesting seeing if we can effectively mount any challenge this year in the NL West, and I'm still doubtful. Too much reliance on the pitching staff, that no matter how good, will have its off days. There's just no offense there to take up the slack.

Look for some nasty fan reaction at AT&T if we tank...especially against the Dodgers when Manny comes in and cranks a couple towards the big mitt.

I just cannot see the Giants being competitive this year with this lineup. They were horrible last year with Timmy having an incredible season AND there has been no punch added to the lineup. (I'm sorry.. I dont think Renteria will be that great)

The Dodgers have a very solid lineup with a decent pitching staff. To me, they are the favorites. Arizona has a good lineup with the best staff in the league. Yes.. better than the Giants.

I still believe the Giants are 2 years away from being the top team in the West. 2011 will be the year!

The Dodgers lineup is good, but far from reliable, besides Manny. Last year they didn't have a single person with 100 RBI's (even though Manny was well on his way). I think he's the biggest question. If he's good Manny, they'll play well and if he's bad Manny they are going to stink. Their staff is incredibly unproven behind Billingsley. Could Kershaw and Kuroda be good? Sure. Could they be horrible? It's a possibility.

I think Arizona should take the division, and if they don't that would be a shame for them. This may be the homer in me but I don't think their staff is better than the Giants. Webb and Haren are like Lincecum and Cain (with run support). Sanchez is good but unproven. I'd say he's better than Davis. I'd say Garland and Johnson are comparable. Scherzer is unproven, and Zito is....well, Zito. Pitching-wise I think the Giants match well with them, but their hitters are in another league.

I agree though, the Giants should be very competitive in a couple of years if Posey and Villalona are ready to play full time and Pablito has evolved into a good 3B. However, I don't think the Giants are totally out of it this season, remember they are in the weakest division in baseball

We have had our differences but i couldnt agree more with you here. We know our pitching staff is good, if guys like Sandoval, Renteria, Ishikawa and Lewis surprise and play out of their mind then i think we have a very solid shot at winning the division

Appreciated.
Much more love among Giants fans than there is between Niner fans for some reason.
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Much more love among Giants fans than there is between Niner fans for some reason.

We giants fans are civilized folk, unlike the barbarians in niner talk.

Plus, the potential for success breeds good feelings.
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Much more love among Giants fans than there is between Niner fans for some reason.

We giants fans are civilized folk, unlike the barbarians in niner talk.

Plus, the potential for success breeds good feelings.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Much more love among Giants fans than there is between Niner fans for some reason.

We giants fans are civilized folk, unlike the barbarians in niner talk.

Plus, the potential for success breeds good feelings.


LMFAO barbarians LOL
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez

Velez or Bowker certainly just benefited from this. I think one stays and one goes to minors.

cmonnnnnnnn Bowker. I think Velez gets sent down, dudes Defense is just horrid.

then again, bowker cant seem to hit consistently.

Today 0-4 with 3 SO's
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah
HEY HEY HEY
GOODBYE!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez

Velez or Bowker certainly just benefited from this. I think one stays and one goes to minors.

cmonnnnnnnn Bowker. I think Velez gets sent down, dudes Defense is just horrid.

then again, bowker cant seem to hit consistently.

Today 0-4 with 3 SO's

I think Velez stays. Bowker needs work. More so than Velez. Velez's speed can give us a lot more options than 1/4 with 2Ks
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez

Velez or Bowker certainly just benefited from this. I think one stays and one goes to minors.

cmonnnnnnnn Bowker. I think Velez gets sent down, dudes Defense is just horrid.

then again, bowker cant seem to hit consistently.

Today 0-4 with 3 SO's

I think Velez stays. Bowker needs work. More so than Velez. Velez's speed can give us a lot more options than 1/4 with 2Ks

Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez

Velez or Bowker certainly just benefited from this. I think one stays and one goes to minors.

cmonnnnnnnn Bowker. I think Velez gets sent down, dudes Defense is just horrid.

then again, bowker cant seem to hit consistently.

Today 0-4 with 3 SO's

and i bet his strikeouts were those eye level pitches or balls into the dirt
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
GIANTS RELEASED ROBERTS!!! THERE IS A GOD

Good chance now that Velez makes the team as a swing between the outfield and infield.

Lewis Rowand Winn Schierholtz Velez

Velez or Bowker certainly just benefited from this. I think one stays and one goes to minors.

cmonnnnnnnn Bowker. I think Velez gets sent down, dudes Defense is just horrid.

then again, bowker cant seem to hit consistently.

Today 0-4 with 3 SO's

and i bet his strikeouts were those eye level pitches or balls into the dirt

probably, its so frustrating to watch. I see that quick swing when he connects and i get so excited. then i see him do that kind of stuff and be so undisciplined and it makes me want to punch myself in the face.

[ Edited by 49ersAREMYLIFE on Mar 5, 2009 at 18:56:41 ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone