There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

I want to play the Yankees in the World Series

And then kick their asses in 4 games
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone keeping track of Jeter's milestone. He's 2 hits away. Even if you aren't a Yankees fan you gotta respect 3000 hits.


lol this
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone keeping track of Jeter's milestone. He's 2 hits away. Even if you aren't a Yankees fan you gotta respect 3000 hits.


lol this

Yeah, it's only happened 27 other times. Let me know when he breaks the all time hits record....oh wait.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone keeping track of Jeter's milestone. He's 2 hits away. Even if you aren't a Yankees fan you gotta respect 3000 hits.


lol this

Yeah, it's only happened 27 other times. Let me know when he breaks the all time hits record....oh wait.

So? Jim Thome is 5 HRs away from 600, and thats only been done by 8 players in MLB history, why doesnt he get any recognition? f**k the yankees and f**k derek jeter and the number of hits he has
[ Edited by Harbaugh52 on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone keeping track of Jeter's milestone. He's 2 hits away. Even if you aren't a Yankees fan you gotta respect 3000 hits.


lol this

Yeah, it's only happened 27 other times. Let me know when he breaks the all time hits record....oh wait.

So? Jim Thome is 5 HRs away from 600, and thats only been done by 8 players in MLB history, why doesnt he get any recognition? f**k the yankees and f**k derek jeter and the number of hits he has

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I want to play the Yankees in the World Series

And then kick their asses in 4 games

payback for 1962
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone keeping track of Jeter's milestone. He's 2 hits away. Even if you aren't a Yankees fan you gotta respect 3000 hits.


lol this

Yeah, it's only happened 27 other times. Let me know when he breaks the all time hits record....oh wait.

So? Jim Thome is 5 HRs away from 600, and thats only been done by 8 players in MLB history, why doesnt he get any recognition? f**k the yankees and f**k derek jeter and the number of hits he has


Sorry but even if you hate the Yankees, this is an impressive milestone. Here is part of an article from espn: "this is only Jeter's 17th season in the major leagues. And you know how many players since 1900 have reached 3,000 hits in 17 seasons or fewer?
Just five -- and now him.
See if you've heard of these other five men:

Pete Rose, Stan Musial, Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb and Paul Waner"
Jeter will be the sixth fastest player in MLB to reach 3000 hits!!!

People think that he is just a "singles" hitter. Jeter is the only player to have at least 10 seasons with 190 hits, plus double figures in both home runs and stolen bases.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Sorry but even if you hate the Yankees, this is an impressive milestone. Here is part of an article from espn: "this is only Jeter's 17th season in the major leagues. And you know how many players since 1900 have reached 3,000 hits in 17 seasons or fewer?
Just five -- and now him.
See if you've heard of these other five men:

Pete Rose, Stan Musial, Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb and Paul Waner"
Jeter will be the sixth fastest player in MLB to reach 3000 hits!!!

People think that he is just a "singles" hitter. Jeter is the only player to have at least 10 seasons with 190 hits, plus double figures in both home runs and stolen bases.

doesn't change my mind, I still hate the yankees and Derek Jeter
Jeter just hit #3000 with a solo HR. You're the man, D.J.


Originally posted by Travisty13:
Jeter just hit #3000 with a solo HR. You're the man, D.J.



That was f**kin' awesome. He crushed that pitch. Went 5-5 and got the game-winning single in the Bottom of the 8th. Storybook day.
Just heard an amazing stat...Jeter, Rivera, & Posada have been teammates since 1995. That's the longest that 3 guys have been teammates in the history of major American sports.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Jeter just hit #3000 with a solo HR. You're the man, D.J.



That was f**kin' awesome. He crushed that pitch. Went 5-5 and got the game-winning single in the Bottom of the 8th. Storybook day.

He intangibled the s**t out of that game!
Great accomplishment, but still one of the most overrated athletes ever.
Originally posted by andes14:
Great accomplishment, but still one of the most overrated athletes ever.

no way

im not a yankee fan but hes one of ten guys ( i think) that has that accomplishment he may be one of the best SS to play the game