LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone keeping track of Jeter's milestone. He's 2 hits away. Even if you aren't a Yankees fan you gotta respect 3000 hits.

lol this
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Anyone keeping track of Jeter's milestone. He's 2 hits away. Even if you aren't a Yankees fan you gotta respect 3000 hits.

lol this

Yeah, it's only happened 27 other times. Let me know when he breaks the all time hits record....oh wait.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

lol this

Yeah, it's only happened 27 other times. Let me know when he breaks the all time hits record....oh wait.

So? Jim Thome is 5 HRs away from 600, and thats only been done by 8 players in MLB history, why doesnt he get any recognition? f**k the yankees and f**k derek jeter and the number of hits he has
[ Edited by Harbaugh52 on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM ]

lol this

So? Jim Thome is 5 HRs away from 600, and thats only been done by 8 players in MLB history, why doesnt he get any recognition? f**k the yankees and f**k derek jeter and the number of hits he has

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I want to play the Yankees in the World Series

And then kick their asses in 4 games

payback for 1962
Originally posted by Travisty13:

lol this

Sorry but even if you hate the Yankees, this is an impressive milestone. Here is part of an article from espn: "this is only Jeter's 17th season in the major leagues. And you know how many players since 1900 have reached 3,000 hits in 17 seasons or fewer?
Just five -- and now him.
See if you've heard of these other five men:

Pete Rose, Stan Musial, Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb and Paul Waner"
Jeter will be the sixth fastest player in MLB to reach 3000 hits!!!

People think that he is just a "singles" hitter. Jeter is the only player to have at least 10 seasons with 190 hits, plus double figures in both home runs and stolen bases.
Sorry but even if you hate the Yankees, this is an impressive milestone. Here is part of an article from espn: "this is only Jeter's 17th season in the major leagues. And you know how many players since 1900 have reached 3,000 hits in 17 seasons or fewer?
Just five -- and now him.
See if you've heard of these other five men:

Pete Rose, Stan Musial, Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb and Paul Waner"
Jeter will be the sixth fastest player in MLB to reach 3000 hits!!!

People think that he is just a "singles" hitter. Jeter is the only player to have at least 10 seasons with 190 hits, plus double figures in both home runs and stolen bases.

doesn't change my mind, I still hate the yankees and Derek Jeter
Jeter just hit #3000 with a solo HR. You're the man, D.J.

That was f**kin' awesome. He crushed that pitch. Went 5-5 and got the game-winning single in the Bottom of the 8th. Storybook day.

Just heard an amazing stat...Jeter, Rivera, & Posada have been teammates since 1995. That's the longest that 3 guys have been teammates in the history of major American sports.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

That was f**kin' awesome. He crushed that pitch. Went 5-5 and got the game-winning single in the Bottom of the 8th. Storybook day.

He intangibled the s**t out of that game!
Great accomplishment, but still one of the most overrated athletes ever.
Originally posted by andes14:

no way

im not a yankee fan but hes one of ten guys ( i think) that has that accomplishment he may be one of the best SS to play the game
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by andes14:

no way

im not a yankee fan but hes one of ten guys ( i think) that has that accomplishment he may be one of the best SS to play the game

He's done some very impressive things...that being said, no way he deserves to have made over $200M in his career (and likely north of $250M when it's all said and done). In baseball, stats tell the whole story. You can essentially rank and judge players never having watched any of them, just based sheerly on stats (with the exception of maybe ability in the field). The best mainstream one, in my opinion, is slugging % (total bases per at-bat). His career slugging is .449- very mediocre. There are 62 guys that have slugging %'s higher than that this year, just for some perspective. He also has had only one season with a slugging % above .485. There are 40 guys right now that are over that mark. Considering the fact that pitchers are dominating today WAAAAAY more than 5, 10, 15 years ago (the Braves led the majors in ERA in 2000 at 4.05...right now those same Braves are over a full run lower and that 4.05 mark would rank 20th today), that's pretty surprising.
[ Edited by andes14 on Jul 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone