LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by BigRon:
Congrats to Jeter. only 8 seasons of 194 hits left to catch Rose.

That's not completely out of the question considering the year he had this year, the new ballpark, and the fact that he's remained relatively healthy throughout his career.

I believe Jeter is actually ahead of Rose's pace by 80 hits or so.

something like that, 80 hits 49 games.

The remarkable stat I saw this morning was that Jeter has played in fewer games than Gehrig yet has 500 more ABs

Thats incredible especially with the teams Gehrig was a part of back then.
wow, yankees might do it this year!!!
We can actually beat LA!
dont mess with jorge hahaha. Cant fn wait for october.
When is Girardi gonna learn that Chamberlain belongs in the bullpen. Got bombed again today.
Originally posted by birdieben:
When is Girardi gonna learn that Chamberlain belongs in the bullpen. Got bombed again today.

Its b/c of these stupid Joba rules they need to just let the kid pitch and not screw up his mentality by pitching 35 pitches a game or 50. They shoulda just let him pitchin 6 innings a game or so and he probably woulda been fine.
Wow Burnett has only won 2 games since July. I know he hasn't had a lot but damn I didnt know it was that low.
Well the only positive for the day for me was that we got a sweep of Boston, clinched the AL East, and got win #100.

Also gotta give props to Jeter and Cano for this fun fact.

Quote:
Cano singled for his 200th hit this year. He joined Jeter as the only second base-shortstop teammate tandem to reach the mark in the same season, the Elias Sports Bureau said
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Well the only positive for the day for me was that we got a sweet of Boston, clinched the AL East, and got win #100.

Quote:
Cano singled for his 200th hit this year. He joined Jeter as the only second base-shortstop teammate tandem to reach the mark in the same season, the Elias Sports Bureau said

playoffs are going to be very interesting this year
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Well the only positive for the day for me was that we got a sweet of Boston, clinched the AL East, and got win #100.

Quote:

playoffs are going to be very interesting this year

Very! I'm trying not to get my hopes up after the past few disappointments so I'll probably be a nervous wreck throughout the whole playoffs.

Who's all for keeping Joba off the playoff roster? I just think he'll end up costing us if we keep him on the roster and should have Gaudin take his spot.
october is here, this is what we've all been waiting for. tigers or twins, dont matter. This has got to be the year. Lookin for tixs now, should get to at least one playoff game. go yanks
good luck in the playoffs guys
game 2 was SICK. arod and tex earned their pinstripes
angels gunna pwn the yanks
Share 49ersWebzone