There are 144 users in the forums

****2014 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread****

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
The offense is going to be fantastic, but one of the best pitching staffs in baseball? Hardly. Weaver is excellent and Wilson is great addition but the rest are question marks.

Wilson is the question mark IMO. Haren is a stud. Gonna be interesting.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
The offense is going to be fantastic, but one of the best pitching staffs in baseball? Hardly. Weaver is excellent and Wilson is great addition but the rest are question marks.

Haren is a stud, and Santana has shown he can be too.

Haren's pretty good, CJ Wilson is up and down and so is Santana. They're top 10 for sure, but not one of the best in all of the MLB.

Pujols is going to make a huge mark though, that's for damn sure.

They absolutley have ONE of the best staffs in baseball. Not THE best but one of the top 5 for sure. Dan Haren is hardly a question mark.

How many teams have a better top 4 than Weaver, Haren, Wilson, and Santana?
Philadelphia
Giants
Rays

Those are the only teams in baseball than compare.
Gonna be interesting to see how he responds in the AL. No longer facing NL pitchers and more importantly no longer able to beat up on the Pirates, Cubs, Reds, etc.
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Gonna be interesting to see how he responds in the AL. No longer facing NL pitchers and more importantly no longer able to beat up on the Pirates, Cubs, Reds, etc.

I'm pretty sure Albert can handle things pretty well in the AL. Just a hunch.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I'm sure he'll do fine as well. But it's interesting to see if he will during the decline of his career. The Angels will regret this after 5 years.

I'm sure he'll do fine as well. But it's interesting to see if he will during the decline of his career. The Angels will regret this after 5 years.

Depends. If the Angels win a couple of titles, sell out almost every game, and solidify themselves as the #1 team in LA then they wont regret it at all. They know his numbers wont be great at the back end of his contract.

Depends. If the Angels win a couple of titles, sell out almost every game, and solidify themselves as the #1 team in LA then they wont regret it at all. They know his numbers wont be great at the back end of his contract.

Agreed. We shall see. Even with Pujols I'm not so sure they will for sure run away with the division. The Rangers are still a very good team.

They absolutley have ONE of the best staffs in baseball. Not THE best but one of the top 5 for sure. Dan Haren is hardly a question mark.

Philadelphia
Giants
Rays

I'd say by the end of the year, they're on the outside looking in at the top five. There are other staffs that performed better last year (ERA/WHIP/BAA-wise) without the names.

Agreed. We shall see. Even with Pujols I'm not so sure they will for sure run away with the division. The Rangers are still a very good team.

I'm afraid the Rangers have some serious starting pitching issues that they need to address if they want to beat the Angels. Losing Wilson to the Angels has to hurt big time.

I'm afraid the Rangers have some serious starting pitching issues that they need to address if they want to beat the Angels. Losing Wilson to the Angels has to hurt big time.

I'd go ahead and say Feliz > Wilson. I've never been too impressed with Wilson. He's not bad, but nothing spectacular. They have Feliz, Ogando, and Holland looking ahead. Plus that lineup is still intact.

Philadelphia
Giants
Rays

I'd say by the end of the year, they're on the outside looking in at the top five. There are other staffs that performed better last year (ERA/WHIP/BAA-wise) without the names.

You cant compare ERA and BAA from the AL to the NL. Obviously those numbers will be higher in the AL with the DH and the greater amount of sluggers. Give me 5 better rotations and not just by ERA. Phillies without question are #1. Giants have a question mark at #4 (Vogy needs to do it more than once) and CRAP at #5. Rays are solid 1-5.

Philadelphia
Giants
Rays

You cant compare ERA and BAA from the AL to the NL. Obviously those numbers will be higher in the AL with the DH and the greater amount of sluggers. Give me 5 better rotations and not just by ERA. Phillies without question are #1. Giants have a question mark at #4 (Vogy needs to do it more than once) and CRAP at #5. Rays are solid 1-5.

Right now based on talent alone:

Philly - ridiculous obviously
Giants - Vogelsong is the real deal IMO. Also: f**k Barry Zito.
Rays - Price/Shields are really good, Hellickson and Neimann are also pretty good. Pitch in an extremely hitter-favored division.
Brewers - Greinke/Marcum/Gallardo/Parra
Braves - Hudson/Hanson/Beachy/Jurrjens/Minor - maybe most complete 1-5.
Cards - Wainright/Garcia alone Carpenter also good. Lohse/Westbrook question marks.

The rest are easily debatable, but I like the Tigers (Verlander/Fister/Scherzer/Porcello) more than the Angels and I think the A's have a younger, but just as promising staff (Cahill/Anderson/Gio/Braden) and also think the Marlins are going to have a good year (JJ/Buerhle/Nolasco/Sanchez).
Right now based on talent alone:

Philly - ridiculous obviously
Giants - Vogelsong is the real deal IMO. Also: f**k Barry Zito.
Rays - Price/Shields are really good, Hellickson and Neimann are also pretty good. Pitch in an extremely hitter-favored division.
Brewers - Greinke/Marcum/Gallardo/Parra
Braves - Hudson/Hanson/Beachy/Jurrjens/Minor - maybe most complete 1-5.
Cards - Wainright/Garcia alone Carpenter also good. Lohse/Westbrook question marks.

The rest are easily debatable, but I like the Tigers (Verlander/Fister/Scherzer/Porcello) more than the Angels and I think the A's have a younger, but just as promising staff (Cahill/Anderson/Gio/Braden) and also think the Marlins are going to have a good year (JJ/Buerhle/Nolasco/Sanchez).

I would rank the staffs 1-5 this way:
Philly
Tampa Bay ( they have the best 1-5)
SF (only if Vogelsong repeats the same year)
Angels
Braves ( like them but injury issues and Minor is unproven)

* Brewers.. You cant seriously think that is better than the Angels. Greinke has regressed some, Marcum has slightly better than average stuff, Para????
* Tigers.. Unproven really after Verlander. Porcello is WAY overrated. Very hittable. Fister one good year. No chance this staff is better than Angels
* Oakland.. LOL Anderson hurt every year, I like Gio a lot - not the rest
lol...hater alert
Share 49ersWebzone