LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

• Dino
  • Veteran
Good luck tonight fellas. Should be a good one.
  • beefn
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
Good luck tonight fellas. Should be a good one.

Yeah I'm ready for this one
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Good luck tonight guys
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Good game guys. Orlando didn't show up tonight.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
Good game guys. Orlando didn't show up tonight.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Another win against the Magic & another Yao "teaching Howard" episode...
Did you see the block that Yao put on Howard??? I thought Howard was the better shot blocker, not last night...

Superman kneels to Yao...again

Check out the block @ the 18 second mark.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Rox have the Magic's number, plain and simple. Here's the rub though, do we really want to move up in the standings and face one of the 2 best PGs in the league? I'd be happier staying put and getting Portland in rd 1. Once they get past that initial rd, the confidence could build momentum.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Rox have the Magic's number, plain and simple. Here's the rub though, do we really want to move up in the standings and face one of the 2 best PGs in the league? I'd be happier staying put and getting Portland in rd 1. Once they get past that initial rd, the confidence could build momentum.

Honestly, as long as we don't get the Lakers in round 1, I'm OK. I think this team has it in them to win passed round 1, but we'll...
Originally posted by sarpp:

Honestly, as long as we don't get the Lakers in round 1, I'm OK. I think this team has it in them to win passed round 1, but we'll...

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Enough about the Blazers already. Sacto to get smacked tonight, then GS.

Enough about the Blazers already. Sacto to get smacked tonight, then GS.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Took care of the Kings, now Warriors...Can you actually believe that we are in great position to win the Southwest division??? I mean with all the injuries that in its self is a great feat for our team this year...

I LOVE the way the playoff matchups are right now...Us playing NO @home, the only thing that I'd want is the the Jazz fall to 8th so they play Lakers...That should be fun.

Whatever happens in the playoffs, this Rocks team has been fun to watch...
Proud to be Rocks fans...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The 3 seed would be nice, as long as Utah stays at 7 we have an excellent chance to get to the WCF. Matchups are everything it could either be another one and done, or a few games from the Finals. I don't expect to win it all, but I do expect to get deep in the playoffs.
The 3 seed would be nice, as long as Utah stays at 7 we have an excellent chance to get to the WCF. Matchups are everything it could either be another one and done, or a few games from the Finals. I don't expect to win it all, but I do expect to get deep in the playoffs.

Who do you think are your best/worst matchups in the playoffs?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Who do you think are your best/worst matchups in the playoffs?

That's easy, worst would be Utah. For one it's near impossible to win there, DWill kills us and they have the shooters that upset our defense. Okur is the problem, much like Sam Perkins did to Hakeem, Yao has to come out to the 3 point line, or at least out of the paint and that messes up the whole defense. Couple that with the fact that they've knocked us out it seems every year and you have the mental advantage to bbot.
Best is Portland. They don't have the type of PG that gives us fits, their PFs are more shooters than post up guys which plays into our smaller PFs hands. Their center is inconsistent and a foul waiting to happen, we'd have home court, and they lack experience and will likely just be happy to be there.
Before people jump and say why I don't mention LA, for one if we do play them, it will mean we got out of the first round, which is really the goal here. Two I honestly think we match up better with them than Utah anyway regardless of what happened in the regular season in that we have good defenders to counter what they do best, if you can have such a thing. there more traditional in that the C doesn't shoot outside a typical range, their PG is just so-so and their best player plays the position that we have the most capable defenders to match. The clear advantage though is Gasol and his size. I actually like the Rox bench a little better.
Share 49ersWebzone