Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 442 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

I would not be surprised if both FMM and Manny lose. You know how boxing is.

Also have you guys heard about the tourney that Showtime is going to do. Andre ward, Carl Froch, Mikkel Kessler, Jermaine Taylor, Arthur Abraham and Andre Dirrel.



Its pretty cool but I wanted to see Andre Ward fight on HBO.


Linky
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jul 16, 2009 at 1:12 AM ]
  • 49erTone
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I would not be surprised if both FMM and Manny lose. You know how boxing is.

Also have you guys heard about the tourney that Showtime is going to do. Andre ward, Carl Froch, Mikkel Kessler, Jermaine Taylor, Arthur Abraham and Andre Dirrel.



Its pretty cool but I wanted to see Andre Ward fight on HBO.


Linky


Yeah I cant wait! Definitely will be there in November when Ward fights Kessler. Also saying he'll fight Taylor in the second fight in February in Oakland again.

I was there when he fought Miranda couple months back, definitely fun to go to. Been following him before the 04 Olympics and just happy a local guy is going to fight the best of the best. We'll see how he does though, the Kessler fight is going to be interesting
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Interesting news in the world of boxing.

Pacquiao Cotto has yet to be finalized. The money is there 65-35 Pacquiao. The weight..is sort of there. Arum has said it's finalized at 145. So what the hell is taking so long to sign?

Mayweather's most recent comments:
“If Manny Pacquiao really wanted the fight with me, all he's got to do is say it. We could pay Marquez some step-aside money. Pay him a million dollars, that's nothing. Step aside. Then, my man, me and you can make seven figures. Is you ready? Let me know."

All he has to do is say it...

Are you f**king kidding me? FMM signs the fight with Marquez the day of the Hatton/Pac fight and now he comes out with this bulls**t saying that all he's had to do was say it? All he really had to do was wait one day. One day and the FMM/Pac fight could've been promoted for an October date.

During a conference call today promoting his fight:

"I feel Manny Pacquiao is a good fighter, he does his job to the best of his ability. Many people forget that Manny Pacquiao got beat by Erik Morales. I am still at the top of my game and I have never been beat. He hasn't done anything that I haven't done."

"I don't really have anything bad to say about Pacquaio. He never called me out. Everyone knows it's not hard to find me. Opponents chase me. The biggest fight in boxing is Mayweather vs. anybody."

This dude is selling way too many wolf tickets....

Pac needs to hurry up and sign a fight already. Either go through with fighting Cotto, push him aside for Mosley, or come out and say he's going to fight Mayweather.

mayweather is a batch! can't believe i used to like the guy
Love Floyd! LOL Just the kind of antagonist that Boxing needs right now. It makes most fans nauseous, but it's still very entertaining.
Pacquiao vs. Cotto is on for Nov. 14 at a catch weight of 145Lbs. it was agreed on over the weekend.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Pacquiao vs. Cotto is on for Nov. 14 at a catch weight of 145Lbs. it was agreed on over the weekend.

Cotto vs Pac-Man is going to be great...I think Pac-Man wins in late TKO, but I could be wrong.
Heads up. My cousin in law will be fighting on July 31st at the Pechanga Casino. His name is Chris Martin and he will fighting against an also undefeated fighter from TJ. It will be televized on Showtime under the ShoBox next generation series. Tickets start at $50 dollars to those that will like to attend.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Heads up. My cousin in law will be fighting on July 31st at the Pechanga Casino. His name is Chris Martin and he will fighting against an also undefeated fighter from TJ. It will be televized on Showtime under the ShoBox next generation series. Tickets start at $50 dollars to those that will like to attend.

Vazquez vs Prescott on ESPN is a pretty good fight.


Prescott is undefeated and Vazquez keeps on coming.

Vazquez the underdog is winning through the 8th
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Vazquez vs Prescott on ESPN is a pretty good fight.


Prescott is undefeated and Vazquez keeps on coming.

Vazquez the underdog is winning through the 8th

Vazquez won that ish.


I didn't know Vazquez trains with Margarito.

He was knocked down twice and won the fight.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Vazquez vs Prescott on ESPN is a pretty good fight.


Prescott is undefeated and Vazquez keeps on coming.

Vazquez the underdog is winning through the 8th

Vazquez won that ish.


I didn't know Vazquez trains with Margarito.

He was knocked down twice and won the fight.

I just seen the fight on TIVo it was a good one, lots of underdogs winning in boxing lately.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Vazquez vs Prescott on ESPN is a pretty good fight.


Prescott is undefeated and Vazquez keeps on coming.

Vazquez the underdog is winning through the 8th

Vazquez won that ish.


I didn't know Vazquez trains with Margarito.

He was knocked down twice and won the fight.

I just seen the fight on TIVo it was a good one, lots of underdogs winning in boxing lately.
yeah, makes me wanna put money on Marquez........maybe.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Vazquez vs Prescott on ESPN is a pretty good fight.


Prescott is undefeated and Vazquez keeps on coming.

Vazquez the underdog is winning through the 8th

Vazquez won that ish.


I didn't know Vazquez trains with Margarito.

He was knocked down twice and won the fight.

I just seen the fight on TIVo it was a good one, lots of underdogs winning in boxing lately.
yeah, makes me wanna put money on Marquez........maybe.

You know what? I was thinking the same thing...I regret picking Magarito vs Mosely.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Vazquez vs Prescott on ESPN is a pretty good fight.


Prescott is undefeated and Vazquez keeps on coming.

Vazquez the underdog is winning through the 8th

Vazquez won that ish.


I didn't know Vazquez trains with Margarito.

He was knocked down twice and won the fight.

I just seen the fight on TIVo it was a good one, lots of underdogs winning in boxing lately.
yeah, makes me wanna put money on Marquez........maybe.

You know what? I was thinking the same thing...I regret picking Magarito vs Mosely.

ah

I don't even want to talk about that one.

Margarito broke my heart f*kin up like that.

I've been following him ever since he called out Floyd and Floyd ducked him.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone