There are 308 users in the forums

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I think the only thing left in question in this game is whether the Reds manage to get a hit......

Hell, or even a baserunner.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
How do you become a Phillies and 49ers fan? Just curious...

For me, when I was about 4 years old, I picked the "red" teams. And by the time I had any idea what was going on, Joe Montana and Mike Schmidt had a lot to do with it.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
How do you become a Phillies and 49ers fan? Just curious...

For me, when I was about 4 years old, I picked the "red" teams. And by the time I had any idea what was going on, Joe Montana and Mike Schmidt had a lot to do with it.

Fair enough.

I mean for me my 2 American sports which i watch the most (Football and Baseball) I went for the home teams. The last 2 years or so I've been getting more in to Basketball, I like to see the Warriors do well but they are pretty hopeless. I guess my Basketball team is Chicago (as a kid loving Jordan and Pippen) and right now Derrick Rose is maybe my favorite player to watch. Dwyane Wade is up there too which is why I was hoping he went to Chicago. Oh well. Definitely not going near that Miami bandwagon.
Not looking forward to facing Halladay in the NLCS.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Oct 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I know. But lets focus on getting to the NLCS first

I know. But lets focus on getting to the NLCS first

Well, us fans can speculate all we want...it's the players that need to stay focused!
Btw, the announcer just said the "n-word." Rest assured, the Reds will get a hit next inning off of Doc.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Btw, the announcer just said the "n-word." Rest assured, the Reds will get a hit next inning off of Doc.

Yikes, for a second i thought...nevermind..

NOPE!!!!!!!!!! Second no-hitter in post-season hitstory baby!!!!! Hell of a way to start the playoffs!
Alright boys...here we are...minutes away from Roy part deux giving us a repeat performance.

Roy Oswalt: 23-3 against the Reds. And at Citizens Bank Park he's 9-0 with a 2.10 ERA lifetime and 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA since joining the Phillies.

Bronson Arroyo: 0-4 against the Phillies, with an 8.10 ERA since being with the Reds or the Red Sox. Hasn't beaten them since 2000.

I LIKE this matchup!

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by TexasNiner on Oct 8, 2010 at 15:14:01 ]

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Alright boys...here we are...minutes away from Roy part deux giving us a repeat performance.

Roy Oswalt: 3-23 against the Reds. And at Citizens Bank Park he's 9-0 with a 2.10 ERA lifetime and 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA since joining the Phillies.

Bronson Arroyo: 0-4 against the Phillies, with an 8.10 ERA since being with the Reds or the Red Sox. Hasn't beaten them since 2000.

I LIKE this matchup!

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!

Really?

Roy Oswalt: 3-23 against the Reds. And at Citizens Bank Park he's 9-0 with a 2.10 ERA lifetime and 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA since joining the Phillies.

I LIKE this matchup!

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!

Really?

Yup, and until the beat him a couple times recently when he was with the Astros still and the team just tanked, he was 23-1 against them.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

I LIKE this matchup!

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!

Really?

Yup, and until the beat him a couple times recently when he was with the Astros still and the team just tanked, he was 23-1 against them.

So then he is not 3-23 against them?

HR Cincy too

I LIKE this matchup!

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!

Really?

So then he is not 3-23 against them?

HR Cincy too

No he's 23-3, I posted it backwards. Meant THEY were 3-23 against him.

[ Edited by TexasNiner on Oct 8, 2010 at 15:17:46 ]
How 'bout those Fightin' Phils!

Share 49ersWebzone