LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is... Alex or Shaun or JT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shaun Smith

joking,Alex Smith,for at least the first couple games,but yes,Alex Smith.........for now
alex smith
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
My money is on Alex.
Alex!
Alex
  • nofairweather9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Method:
Ok guys, I'm going to make a list right now, and we'll see at the half way point or end of the season who is right. Please make a choice, don't make it a confusing reason why, just pick one. Let's do this s**t.

Alex Smith - 31
Method
blm7754
jdt84_2
DJD
SF69ers
amigoj49
NineFourNiner
fip24
Sp1dey22
rum53
fan49
tidissis08
TheRatMan13
SanFrancisco49er
TCM7787
49ersnum1
DonJulio
NeeJ49er
fortyninerglory
Ceadderman
Farook21
Marksept
HOSSTILE49ER
lamontb
Binge
Jordache49
BIGDOGG42
zozell
nipplehead
jrg1
LambdaChi49

Shaun Hill - 17
dwy621
P-52ENFORCER
mcbaes72
mike9er
Squirrel
RogerCraig
scorpio_49ers
SolRebe1
D_Niner
ninerfan818
servegmo
NINERMINER49
fryet
abowers1984
greenlion210
Eduardo75
dr8van
nofairweather9er

Neither/ Not sure yet - 4
TheGodfather
GhostofFredDean
djfullshred
NickV

52 Voters in all (counting the last group as well).
59.7% for Alex
32.7% for Shaun
7.9% Undecided/ Neither

updated to post 63
alex one more chance
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by scorpio_49ers:
Flacco, Colt, or any other rookie QB we SHOULD draft.

My $$ is on Hill, because he doesn't have the tools that Smith does, but finds a way to get the balls in tight spaces and moves the chains, something Alex will not do again this year. He looks impressive when he is doing drills, not in games.

I bet it will be close in preseason. Smith wins it by a hair. Our record by week 5 will be 1-4. Hill will come in on week 5 and lead us to a better record....pretty sure that is whats goign to happen. Also, players will not be happy if Smiths wins it (most likely cause of contract) they want to see the best passer on the field..which they all believe is Hill. You will see some uninspired play with Smith, esp when he starts sucking and throwing errand passes, sacks, fumbles...deer in headlights...lol.....

I also kind of feel that Hill may not start immediately, but eventually. I also agree with the portion of your statement that is now in bold. You could feel it last year. The offense played better with Hill in the lineup because they had more faith in him. Finally, someone else see's the light. Thank you!

Did they have more faith in Hill, or the game plan that Tollner helped tweak? Does your, and those who also share this perspective, dislike for Smith cloud your perception? Have you heard even one report of teammates not having trust in Smith? I certainly have never seen any, but I did read negative comments about Hostler.

Ill put my vote down for Smith. Hill didn't have a single snap in 6 years for a reason.
Perhaps my sarcasm hasn't been picked up on.

I don't support Hill.
S. Hill

Alex Smith
Alex Smith, easily.... I could have thrown as many 3 yard passes as Shaun Hill. He is not the savior, please don't think he is.....
Originally posted by BlazinVentura:
He is not the savior, please don't think he is.....

Hmm. . . . Where have I heard that before?
S.Hill !
Originally posted by BlazinVentura:
Alex Smith, easily.... I could have thrown as many 3 yard passes as Shaun Hill. He is not the savior, please don't think he is.....

Alex Smith couldn't accurately complete those same short passes and I doubt you could either. Those short passes are sometimes check-downs. If the primary target is not open you have a check down or a hot route in case of mad pressure.

Alex had those same opportunities but when the primary receiver wasn't open he either:

a) threw the ball away
b) threw an interception
c) got sacked
d) fumbled

Find me one post in here that someone says Hill is the saviour. I am so sick of people putting words in other peoples mouths, that is garbage. Nobody said Hill is the 2nd coming nor a saviour but he gives us the best chance to win. Quit the BS. If you want to defend Alex Smith find a valid reason to do so. Don't bash Hill because he outperformed that chump Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone