LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

i found a place for the new staduim

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A dump with toxic waste. That's the Yorkie plan.

Just FYI, San Diego, Pac Bell Park (now AT & T Park), was a toxic waste dump before it became a gorgeous new baseball park. SF has done it once, it can do it again. Personally, if SF can find a way to ease the freeway access to Hunters Point, I'm for keeping the team in the City.
Read the title and was like, what are you riding a wagon looking for a place to camp
Originally posted by Super5:
Put the 49ers in South San francisco-there is plenty of space on the industrial side and only 10 mins or less south of candlestick.

This is the idea that Glenn Dickey has been putting forth....and I like it a lot. Unfortunately, the team has chosen two sites as likely for a new stadium and neither is ideal... South SF makes sense on so many levels that it is a shame that it hasn't been looked at seriously.
Put the 49ers in South San francisco-there is plenty of space on the industrial side and only 10 mins or less south of candlestick.

It seems like such a small town to have a stadium, but they are very close to the airport
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

This is the idea that Glenn Dickey has been putting forth....and I like it a lot. Unfortunately, the team has chosen two sites as likely for a new stadium and neither is ideal... South SF makes sense on so many levels that it is a shame that it hasn't been looked at seriously.

Do you have a link to an article?

NINER MADMAN

If Glenn Dickey knew anything about real estate development he would be a real estate developer instead of a near minimum wage sports writer who got laid off from a dying news paper.
Harsh
Originally posted by goldschool:

If Glenn Dickey knew anything about real estate development he would be a real estate developer instead of a near minimum wage sports writer who got laid off from a dying news paper.

Glenn Dickey doesn't need to know a damn thing about real estate development because people who get stadiums built are not developers....they are politicians, sports owners, and wealthy business people (who may or may not be real estate developers)... Often it comes down to political and civic will which determines whether or not stadiums get built...and I guarantee that South SF would love for the Niners to call that city home.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Do you have a link to an article?

NINER MADMAN

Sorry MADMAN...don't have a direct link but Glenn's Examiner page has an archive list which you may be able to trace to his stories and comments about a specific site near the SF Airport (on the other side of the freeway) which would be large enough for a new stadium.
I'm thinking if the York's don't get the Santa Clara deal done...there would be a growing chance the team would go elsewhere...like the dreaded L.A. I know, I know, that's not something we like to think about...but, it's no secret the league desperately wants a team there. Something's gotta give, folks...

Glenn Dickey doesn't need to know a damn thing about real estate development because people who get stadiums built are not developers....they are politicians, sports owners, and wealthy business people (who may or may not be real estate developers)... Often it comes down to political and civic will which determines whether or not stadiums get built...and I guarantee that South SF would love for the Niners to call that city home.

News flash.....just because Dickey agrees with you doesn't make either of you a genius. Building a stadium is a major real estate development undertaking. Besides, for the eight to ten days a year that the team actually plays in the stadium what difference does it make if the stadium is in Daly City, So. SF, Burlingame, San Mateo, Palo Alto or Santa Clara?
Face it, there is no operative plan for a new stadium. All options require OPM (Other People's Money) and (1) no one has stepped up to provide it, and (2) the time spent trying to get it keeps raising the price of the stadium.

News flash.....just because Dickey agrees with you doesn't make either of you a genius. Building a stadium is a major real estate development undertaking. Besides, for the eight to ten days a year that the team actually plays in the stadium what difference does it make if the stadium is in Daly City, So. SF, Burlingame, San Mateo, Palo Alto or Santa Clara?

Two words.....tax revenue.....
Originally posted by zillabeast:

wait...that's for the Raiders right? Jail/Stadium....kinda of like that movie where the prisoners vs football players.
Share 49ersWebzone