LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 486 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Meh. Garcon is going to be a beast on those playaction crossers. He was well on his way to 1000 yards with Hoyer and Beathard. I think he puts up 1200 easily.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

I wouldn't let a 30 year old WR be my excuse as to why I don't sign a 24 year old pro bowl WR

Yep. Garcon will be 32 when the season starts. I like Garcon's game alot but whether it be the draft or Robinson, the niners have to think about beyond just this season as far as the receivers go. A young guy like Robinson would give him, Goodwin, and Taylor a chance to grow for years with Jimmy G in a timing passing game.
Meh. Garcon is going to be a beast on those playaction crossers. He was well on his way to 1000 yards with Hoyer and Beathard. I think he puts up 1200 easily.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

I wouldn't let a 30 year old WR be my excuse as to why I don't sign a 24 year old pro bowl WR

A pro bowler who will be 3 seasons removed from it. Don't know if his ACL is good yet, even the goat had set backs several times over when he suffered his, will if affect him? Neither do I want to over pay. If his knee is okay, perhaps, depends on the price. Follow the patriots method. They never broke the bank for a wr. Either way, you will be taking a chance on either player. Garcon is not a speed guy, so that is why he will have good staying power.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

Exactly what I was thinking!!
  • Eazy_
  • Veteran
Nice
Oh dayem, Joan in Payroll has some competition.

"When I first stepped foot in the facility," he said. "I remember just walking around in amazement. Firstly because we had finger recognition to get into the building and that was crazy to me because that was the first time I had seen something like that since college...Everything was just great. The whole environment, the weather – I couldn't believe the weather – and the people. Even from the workers in the cafeteria – how humble they were, how nice they were, how well they treated me, how well they made me feel at home – all the way to management."
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

Exactly what I was thinking!!

This line of thinking is short sighted in my opinion. ARob is far from the only WR to hit FA. Garcon has a few years of great production left. Why spend valuable money on a young WR that isn't really needed (would certainly help) when there will be another available next year, and the year after that and the year after that ... etc. People act like it's sign ARob or be screwed in a year or two when Garcon falls off. There will be plenty of options available. Draft a WR or two, hope to find a diamond and if not, address the position in FA when it is needed. Goodwin/Garcon/Taylor is a very good core. Each is great at a different skill. Goodwin is the speed, deep threat, Garcon is one of the best in intermediate routes and Taylor proved to be reliable on short slants. There is no need to get an ARob. If he doesn't cost a ton, that's one thing, but he's likely to get around $12 million per. That is too rich for a team that already has a pretty good core. Spend the money elsewhere.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

Pro bowl in 2015
Originally posted by DaBum:
This line of thinking is short sighted in my opinion. ARob is far from the only WR to hit FA. Garcon has a few years of great production left. Why spend valuable money on a young WR that isn't really needed (would certainly help) when there will be another available next year, and the year after that and the year after that ... etc. People act like it's sign ARob or be screwed in a year or two when Garcon falls off. There will be plenty of options available. Draft a WR or two, hope to find a diamond and if not, address the position in FA when it is needed. Goodwin/Garcon/Taylor is a very good core. Each is great at a different skill. Goodwin is the speed, deep threat, Garcon is one of the best in intermediate routes and Taylor proved to be reliable on short slants. There is no need to get an ARob. If he doesn't cost a ton, that's one thing, but he's likely to get around $12 million per. That is too rich for a team that already has a pretty good core. Spend the money elsewhere.

Because 24 year old #1 WR's that fit the WCO ZWR don't hit the FA market...ever.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Great re-signing I still think we should go get Allen Robinson.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

Not Dion Lewis. We are not signing a 5'8" 195 lbs guy as our lead back. Just no way. If you don't like Carlos Hyde, at least get someone better. Dion Lewis only has 1 single 800+ yards season.

I say we re-sign Carlos and take another back in the draft to compete.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Not Dion Lewis. We are not signing a 5'8" 195 lbs guy as our lead back. Just no way. If you don't like Carlos Hyde, at least get someone better. Dion Lewis only has 1 single 800+ yards season.

I know it's not the right thread but, I'm curious about crowell browns FA RB

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:

wtf? that's pathetic.

Carlos is absolutely the worst fit possible for this offense. He needs to go to a shotgun team like the Colts.

Dion Lewis in the pass game with Shanahan will be unstoppable.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 8, 2018 at 3:45 PM ]
Double post
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 8, 2018 at 3:42 PM ]
Great re-signing I still think we should go get Allen Robinson.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

Hyde is gone
Share 49ersWebzone