LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 301 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Gemini10:
Hyde is gone

Without a doubt
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Hyde is gone

Without a doubt

we can only keep this hope alive & going
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Meh. Garcon is going to be a beast on those playaction crossers. He was well on his way to 1000 yards with Hoyer and Beathard. I think he puts up 1200 easily.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

I wouldn't let a 30 year old WR be my excuse as to why I don't sign a 24 year old pro bowl WR
agree,, some think we are just fine with the o line man from last year and now with the same group of wide outs. this signing will not preclude us from signing a nice free agent and drafting a rookie. garcon is not a number one guy, i think that six game win streak is preventing people from being objective
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Hyde is gone

Without a doubt

we can only keep this hope alive & going

Dion Lewis come on down.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I know it's not the right thread but, I'm curious about crowell browns FA RB

i really hope we sign that guy
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree,, some think we are just fine with the o line man from last year and now with the same group of wide outs. this signing will not preclude us from signing a nice free agent and drafting a rookie. garcon is not a number one guy, i think that six game win streak is preventing people from being objective

And some have absolutey no idea about football.

Last time Shanahan had Garcon as a #1 he led the league in receiving.

But hey, 113 catches for 1346 yards and 5 TD's is nothing.

You want us to sign and draft 3 offensive interior linemen and 2 receivers. Who needs money and picks for other positions? Just brilliant.

Just give up man.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 8, 2018 at 3:58 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
And some have absolutey no idea about football.

Last time Shanahan had Garcon as a #1 he led the league in receiving.

But hey, 113 catches for 1346 yards and 5 TD's is nothing.

You want us to sign and draft 3 offensive interior linemen and 2 receivers. Who needs money and picks for other positions? Just brilliant.

Just give up man.
thats always your answer. attack the poster. real mature. when you stand still,. you lose ground. garcon is 32 and coming off a major neck injury, to plug him in at number one and keep everything status quo is stupid. you are not stupid. the idea of not upgrading the wide outs with a nice free agent and say lazard in round five is a good idea
thats always your answer. attack the poster. real mature. when you stand still,. you lose ground. garcon is 32 and coming off a major neck injury, to plug him in at number one and keep everything status quo is stupid. you are not stupid. the idea of not upgrading the wide outs with a nice free agent and say lazard in round five is a good idea

Garcon is getting 10 mil a year. We just signed Goodwin for 6.5. Do you really think we will drop 10+ on another receiver?

I never said anything about not drafting a WR later.
Very happy to see he got an extension. Exactly the type of player the 49ers need on and off the field
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Great re-signing I still think we should go get Allen Robinson.

Meh. Garcon is going to be a beast on those playaction crossers. He was well on his way to 1000 yards with Hoyer and Beathard. I think he puts up 1200 easily.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

Not Dion Lewis. We are not signing a 5'8" 195 lbs guy as our lead back. Just no way. If you don't like Carlos Hyde, at least get someone better. Dion Lewis only has 1 single 800+ yards season.

I say we re-sign Carlos and take another back in the draft to compete.

No need to pay for either of them dudes, we don't need avg Joe's at the RB position we drafting a young stud and he goes by the name of
Royce Freeman

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Mar 8, 2018 at 4:27 PM ]

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
No need to pay for either of them dudes, we don't need avg Joe's at the RB position we drafting a young stud and he goes by the name of
Royce Freeman

I love Freeman but Lewis is far from average
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Hyde is gone

Without a doubt

Too bad. Looking forward to seeking Joe Williams though.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

I wouldn't let a 30 year old WR be my excuse as to why I don't sign a 24 year old pro bowl WR

I'm thinking they'll find another under appreciated young WR in free agency to sign, just like the found one in Marquis. I don't think they need to sign an all pro as long as the young WR has the skillset they need to improve the wr squad. (Like a young redzone target) that can improve the red zone td efficency.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DickNasty:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/7jqpay/a_documentary_about_marquise_goodwins/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=47c5a5e5f0ca4b6e92f024fd29a89670&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=7jqpay

Can't sit through this without lumped up and teary. Especially knowing he also lost a baby and bio father last year.

For real.

Build that house you designed for your sister, Marquise!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm thinking they'll find another under appreciated young WR in free agency to sign, just like the found one in Marquis. I don't think they need to sign an all pro as long as the young WR has the skillset they need to improve the wr squad. (Like a young redzone target) that can improve the red zone td efficency.

And draft a nice rookie and get another tight end. with the news today that the rams upgraded thier secondary. we need to upgrade. i like our three guys but face it. two coming off major injuries. taylor is still green. our wide outs do not scare alot of people and we need an upgrade. the rams are not just setting around playing checkers and i am fearful that some fans here think we are just fine the way we are.
Share 49ersWebzone