There are 614 users in the forums

What I Want as a Fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The underlying cause of discontent is that we had the key and threw it away.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
I agree with the original poster. What I want is a great organization that's always in the mix, making smart moves, and trying to get to the top. I look around the league and the organizations I respect are Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Baltimore, New England and, yes, Seattle. These guys show how a franchise should be run and, while they have their ups and downs, they're always in the mix and they always give the fans something to hope for because the guys running the show are competent professionals in a functional structure.

This is what we had when Eddie DeBartolo owned the team and it's exactly what we lost when the Yorks took over. Success and failure, in any business, start at the top and the Yorks are football failures. It's been 16 years now and the pattern is pretty clear. New players, new coaches, even new GM's can't cure the cancer that grows in the owner's suite.

I keep hoping that some how, some way, someday the Yorks will learn from their mistakes, hire the right people, and get out of the way. Look at what happened in Arizona when Bill Bidwell stepped aside. Look at what happened in Oakland when Mark took over. Change at the top makes all the difference, and change can happen.

For the last three years, my favorite part of the season is black Monday. Not because I want to see people get fired, but because I want to see some sign from ownership that they finally get it. I'm still waiting...
[ Edited by Lifer on Dec 27, 2016 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Originally posted by F49F:
lol, can't wait for the so called fans jump ship

Anybody who still counts themselves as a 49ers fan at this point isn't going to jump ship. That would have happened a year or two ago.
nope, people still here threatening (idk who) that they are almost done

And what the fxxk is wrong with that? If the 49ers want their fans' undying support they need to earn it and more importantly get their sh*t together. Is the same for any ball clubs, be it soccer, basketball or even other sports like F1, MotoGP, etc, etc.

I don't know about threatening to quit, if they truly don't care they won't keep coming here to rip the fxxk out of the Yorks, Baalke and Kelly. At this stage, the fans are still fxxked off to the tilt, but I couldn't guarantee what may happen if they don't fire Baalke and Kelly and the sh*t carries on indefinitely.

Why are you a 9er fan?

I started being a 49ers fan during the Joe Montana era in the 80s because they impressed me with their play. Can it be any more simple than that? Anything wrong with that?

So if that wouldn't happen...say like the age you were when you came to be a fan and it was 30 or 20 years before Montana. Would you still be a fan. When no hope was in sight.

No, plain and simple. Teams don't gain fans in general when they stink up the joint. Do you think the Browns are doubling their fans year in year out?! LOL. The only question is what happens after you've become a fan and then the team sinks? If is a momentary thing then I am sure most fans would be fine with it as it is expected, but when it becomes indefinite then you have a problem.
Teams dont get fans when they stink up the joint ? How do teams get fans at all ?

The Term Browns fans proves my point, Cubs Fans...and yes, there was 49er Fans 40 years before they really started winning.

They are my home town team like many, not because of some Player who impressed me. if you can't handle a couple of years..then just switch to another team that impresses you..instead of just here talking s**t
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The underlying cause of discontent is that we had the key and threw it away.

This.... so much this!!!!
Wu-5Rings
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so a "real fan" can't be upset at the state of his/her team? lol homers.
Originally posted by Crown:
The key to a winning team with a long history is of course a quarterback but also a stable foundation and organization

NE, GB, Sea, Bal

Good drafts, good re-signings

Stick with the coach

Add the Steelers and Ravens to the list.

As far as the coach goes - it has to be the right coach who w/the GM has a real plan to move forward,.
Originally posted by Lifer:
I agree with the original poster. What I want is a great organization that's always in the mix, making smart moves, and trying to get to the top. I look around the league and the organizations I respect are Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Baltimore, New England and, yes, Seattle. These guys show how a franchise should be run and, while they have their ups and downs, they're always in the mix and they always give the fans something to hope for because the guys running the show are competent professionals in a functional structure.

This is what we had when Eddie DeBartolo owned the team and it's exactly what we lost when the Yorks took over. Success and failure, in any business, start at the top and the Yorks are football failures. It's been 16 years now and the pattern is pretty clear. New players, new coaches, even new GM's can't cure the cancer that grows in the owner's suite.

I keep hoping that some how, some way, someday the Yorks will learn from their mistakes, hire the right people, and get out of the way. Look at what happened in Arizona when Bill Bidwell stepped aside. Look at what happened in Oakland when Mark took over. Change at the top makes all the difference, and change can happen.

For the last three years, my favorite part of the season is black Monday. Not because I want to see people get fired, but because I want to see some sign from ownership that they finally get it. I'm still waiting...

This! Great post!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Anybody who still counts themselves as a 49ers fan at this point isn't going to jump ship. That would have happened a year or two ago.

And what the fxxk is wrong with that? If the 49ers want their fans' undying support they need to earn it and more importantly get their sh*t together. Is the same for any ball clubs, be it soccer, basketball or even other sports like F1, MotoGP, etc, etc.

I don't know about threatening to quit, if they truly don't care they won't keep coming here to rip the fxxk out of the Yorks, Baalke and Kelly. At this stage, the fans are still fxxked off to the tilt, but I couldn't guarantee what may happen if they don't fire Baalke and Kelly and the sh*t carries on indefinitely.

Why are you a 9er fan?

I started being a 49ers fan during the Joe Montana era in the 80s because they impressed me with their play. Can it be any more simple than that? Anything wrong with that?

So if that wouldn't happen...say like the age you were when you came to be a fan and it was 30 or 20 years before Montana. Would you still be a fan. When no hope was in sight.

No, plain and simple. Teams don't gain fans in general when they stink up the joint. Do you think the Browns are doubling their fans year in year out?! LOL. The only question is what happens after you've become a fan and then the team sinks? If is a momentary thing then I am sure most fans would be fine with it as it is expected, but when it becomes indefinite then you have a problem.
Teams dont get fans when they stink up the joint ? How do teams get fans at all ?

The Term Browns fans proves my point, Cubs Fans...and yes, there was 49er Fans 40 years before they really started winning.

They are my home town team like many, not because of some Player who impressed me. if you can't handle a couple of years..then just switch to another team that impresses you..instead of just here talking s**t

No, they don't "gain" more fans when they stink up the joint. They are already there, they had already become a fan, they have no choice. In fact, the number of Browns fans probably haven't grown in decades. LOL.

So, just because you live there you are a fan? Hey, so what about the ones who don't actually live in SF huh? Those are probably the majority in fact!!

Oh don't you worry, if the 9ers continue to stink up the joint, the fans will wave byebye, just like when people have already started to flog their season tickets trying to recoup some of their initial investments (oh and those do live in the vicinity of SF).

If you want to stick with a team like a blind sheep disregard what that team is doing, then be my guest, but you will always be the minority. That is also the time when the term "losing relevancy" is used on teams that have stunk up the joint indefinitely or for a long time.

Why are you a 9er fan?

No, they don't "gain" more fans when they stink up the joint. They are already there, they had already become a fan, they have no choice. In fact, the number of Browns fans probably haven't grown in decades. LOL.

So, just because you live there you are a fan? Hey, so what about the ones who don't actually live in SF huh? Those are probably the majority in fact!!

Oh don't you worry, if the 9ers continue to stink up the joint, the fans will wave byebye, just like when people have already started to flog their season tickets trying to recoup some of their initial investments (oh and those do live in the vicinity of SF).

If you want to stick with a team like a blind sheep disregard what that team is doing, then be my guest, but you will always be the minority. That is also the time when the term "losing relevancy" is used on teams that have stunk up the joint indefinitely or for a long time.
lol, your all over place. now you changed to "Gain Fans" I'm talking about how did those team get fans in the first place if they weren't winning. Did you know there is a wait list for the Browns Stadium ?

you know the Bay Area is pretty big and the majority of STH don't live in SF, There is also no data on you opinion of whats happening to Levi's season tickets

Stick to my team like a blind sheep ?, you are doing the very same lol.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 27, 2016 at 10:56 AM ]

• Rascal
  • Veteran

Why are you a 9er fan?

lol, your all over place. now you changed to "Gain Fans" I'm talking about how did those team get fans in the first place if they weren't winning. Did you know there is a wait list for the Browns Stadium ?

you know the Bay Area is pretty big and the majority of STH don't live in SF, There is also no data on you opinion of whats happening to Levi's season tickets

Stick to my team like a blind sheep ?, you are doing the very same lol.

What? Scroll up!! I have always said "gain".

Don't worry, if the 9ers continue to stink up the joint, I will just chill out watch less football and do something else. For starters, they already don't show many 9ers games here because they suck plus even when they do show the games now they are just plain unwatchable. Many games this season make you want to puke.
[ Edited by Rascal on Dec 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM ]
Lol I told my moms i wanted the The Pit when I was a yungin. She said "people in hell want ice water too boy, go play somewhere"

Why are you a 9er fan?

What makes you think they will only be bad for a "couple of years"?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

I think he's referring to the fact that we've only been bad for a couple of years thus far.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Because we are not in any way handcuffed from acquiring FAs, Picking Draft picks is a different story
Share 49ersWebzone