LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

What I Want as a Fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Crown:
The key to a winning team with a long history is of course a quarterback but also a stable foundation and organization

NE, GB, Sea, Bal

Good drafts, good re-signings

Stick with the coach

As long as it's the right coach - you need to find a good coach in order to stick with them. Kinda like a franchise QB - find one and stick with them as long as you can or until you have the next one in hand. Good coaches/GMs and stable organizations tend to go hand in hand. If you stick with a bad coach (or QB) for a long time for the sake of stability, you may end up missing out on a good coach (or QB).

I'm all for giving Chip another year, but Baalke has to go. It's time to give another GM a shot.

I am with you- that was more a comment on FO stability and health.

I am a Ducks homer so I am more than willing to ride out with Chip - would like to see someone else drive the D next year though.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Yorks dont give a s**t what you or I want as fans. As long as those PSL payments keep clearing every month, they won't be giving a s**t anytime soon either.

Just wait until those sponsorships and PSL renewals come up. If York keeps this s**t up he will lose some money.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Yorks dont give a s**t what you or I want as fans. As long as those PSL payments keep clearing every month, they won't be giving a s**t anytime soon either.

Just wait until those sponsorships and PSL renewals come up. If York keeps this s**t up he will lose some money.

naw.. there will always be an endless supply of dummi......err....Faithful around to keep his pockets fat.
Originally posted by SisterFister:

That's about 10 years away.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 26, 2016 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by pelos21:
As long as we don't get a qb with our first pick, I'll be happy.

Yeah, because everybody knows we don't need one....
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by F49F:
lol, can't wait for the so called fans jump ship

Anybody who still counts themselves as a 49ers fan at this point isn't going to jump ship. That would have happened a year or two ago.
nope, people still here threatening (idk who) that they are almost done

I think some like myself thought this year wouldn't be so bad. When we hired tomsula I knew we were screwed for awhile but when he was fired I thought maybe this year wouldn't be so bad. I wanted Payton or Jackson as our coach. When Kelly was hired I wasn't happy nor upset I thought he was better than tomsula. Do I still think so ya but I think it's time to clean house. Baalke has proven to be not so good and I don't see any adjustment with Kelly. Running out of the shotgun up the middle half the time is . If changes are not made this year in the front office I might be one of those that don't waste every Sunday watching them.
[ Edited by 49erfaninAZ on Dec 26, 2016 at 9:06 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I want: long playoff streak to commence (hopefully soon) and win a few more SBs during those years; sweep the cawkSuckers for (at least) a decade!
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
I want jim Harbaugh back and for him to hire his own gm and scouts, hes earned that right, we still havent equalled his worst year win total in two years its soooo obvious this should happen
The coming together of Debartolo, Walsh, Montana, McVay...man even the Lott-Wright-Willianson draft, all that stuff just doesn't happen but once in a generation for a team. I'd want that again, but I a realist.
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

Anybody who still counts themselves as a 49ers fan at this point isn't going to jump ship. That would have happened a year or two ago.

I think some like myself thought this year wouldn't be so bad. When we hired tomsula I knew we were screwed for awhile but when he was fired I thought maybe this year wouldn't be so bad. I wanted Payton or Jackson as our coach. When Kelly was hired I wasn't happy nor upset I thought he was better than tomsula. Do I still think so ya but I think it's time to clean house. Baalke has proven to be not so good and I don't see any adjustment with Kelly. Running out of the shotgun up the middle half the time is . If changes are not made this year in the front office I might be one of those that don't waste every Sunday watching them.

And there it is

• Rascal
  • Veteran

And what the fxxk is wrong with that? If the 49ers want their fans' undying support they need to earn it and more importantly get their sh*t together. Is the same for any ball clubs, be it soccer, basketball or even other sports like F1, MotoGP, etc, etc.

I don't know about threatening to quit, if they truly don't care they won't keep coming here to rip the fxxk out of the Yorks, Baalke and Kelly. At this stage, the fans are still fxxked off to the tilt, but I couldn't guarantee what may happen if they don't fire Baalke and Kelly and the sh*t carries on indefinitely.
I want Steve Young to have a high-ranking role in the 49ers organization
Originally posted by Rascal:

And what the fxxk is wrong with that? If the 49ers want their fans' undying support they need to earn it and more importantly get their sh*t together. Is the same for any ball clubs, be it soccer, basketball or even other sports like F1, MotoGP, etc, etc.

I don't know about threatening to quit, if they truly don't care they won't keep coming here to rip the fxxk out of the Yorks, Baalke and Kelly. At this stage, the fans are still fxxked off to the tilt, but I couldn't guarantee what may happen if they don't fire Baalke and Kelly and the sh*t carries on indefinitely.

Why are you a 9er fan?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
I want Steve Young to have a high-ranking role in the 49ers organization

Steve Young would be good. Ultimately, what I think the 9ers need right now is a very heavy weight management base/foundation. Jed York is a pup and doesn't know jack on how to run a football team. The more heavy weights we can gather the better off we are, we need to steady the ship from up top. That is why I said the Shanahan & Sons Package would be great cos Mike could also help to re-instill the culture back into the franchise which we desperately need.

If we can sort ourselves out up top, it will only be a matter of time when the 49ers will rise up from the ashes again.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Why are you a 9er fan?

I started being a 49ers fan during the Joe Montana era in the 80s because they impressed me with their play. Can it be any more simple than that? Anything wrong with that?
Share 49ersWebzone