LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 218 users in the forums

Chris Jones LDE #93

You could replace Arik with a portable bathroom and it would have better run D.
WHO?....

CHRIS JOOONES!

WHO?
Originally posted by TheRambler:
sus wants you to know he's never heard of Chris Jones but Arik Armstead sucks

LMFAO!!!

Tell sus, he's all good in my book.
Originally posted by McClusky:
Saw plenty of Chris Jones living in New England, he was consistently their worst player defensively, and utterly abysmal in run defense. He's off to a good start here, but it's unlikely he's anything other than a temporary plug.

That's good insight. I genuinely listen closely to fans of other teams when they speak objectively of departed players to here. I'm glad you got to see him play. They've been right most of the times from Jonas Jennings to Jonathan Martin. Of course, they've been wrong too about players like Carlos Rogers so you still have to see how they do here.

I'll be cautiously optimistic at best for now.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by captveg:
Already better than TJE ever was. If he sticks around I can see a (healthy) DE group of Buckner, Armstead, Dial, Jones and Blair being one group not needing serious upgrade in the offseason.

Dial's best position is LDE too. Miles better. Too bad he was hurt but the good news is that we found another quality DE.

2017: Armstead/Dial - Williams/Dorsey/(?) - Buckner/Jones

I like.

I think they need to bring in a free agent NT to shake that position up that isn't Williams/Dorsey, both of whom are also free agents. Re-sign Dorsey and get a new guy.

I'm all for that. I was for that last year too.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Dial, Tank and Vance for the Eagles ERTZ, will be my next move..

We'd have to do a sign and trade for McDonald... not a bad trade doe especially if eagles plan on losing Logan.

Why? Vance is putting up identical numbers to Ertz under Kelly's system.

We'd have to do a sign and trade for McDonald... not a bad trade doe especially if eagles plan on losing Logan.

Maybe he'd beast even more now and no back problems? Dunno haha. Just shooting the ish.
Maybe he'd beast even more now and no back problems? Dunno haha. Just shooting the ish.

Yeah, that whole not getting injured thing can really help a career, I hear. Ha
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Already better than AA.
Originally posted by susweel:
Already better than AA.

Bearing in mind Armstead is injured, this s pretty much of a duh. Next year, however, it is likely to be very different.

Another really nice game. Splits, two, pancakes one, rolls over him and wiped out the QB's knees. No illegal hit either. Third down stop.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by susweel:
Already better than AA.

Bearing in mind Armstead is injured, this s pretty much of a duh. Next year, however, it is likely to be very different.

Yah well when he wasn't injured he wasn't doing much so him being effective next year is a wishful dream.
He looked good, thought he got held a couple times. Tough to handle one on one
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
He looked good, thought he got held a couple times. Tough to handle one on one

They move him around a lot too. If nothing else, good depth and miles better than a TJE or Purcell.
I saw him
Share 49ersWebzone