There are 96 users in the forums

Chris Jones LDE #93

Originally posted by WeeRocco:
I like this guy, can't remember the exact play but he was holding off a blocker with one hand and brought the RB down with the other. I see him as a good rotational back up similar to Dial going forward.

Yeah, he seems to be fitting in nicely. I notice O'Neil moves him from LDE to NT, RDE, etc. That's a sign he's picking up the system quickly. Might be some perfect depth and all the snaps he's getting now are going to pay off.

Dorsey was finally inserted as a starter for game 8 (Saints)

Chris Jones has started since game 11 (Miami) for Armstead (I.R.)

Together since the Miami game, the run defense has gone from:
  • First 10 games = (Rams 65 @ 2.82) + (Panthers 176 @ 4.76) + (Hawks 127 @ 4.10) + (Boys 194 @ 4.97) + (Cards 172 @ 4.65) + (Bills 313 @ 7.11) + (Bucs 249 @ 6.07) + (Saints 248 @ 5.09) + (Cards 80 @ 3.48) + (Pats 171 @ 5.7)

Total = 180 @ 4.88 (32nd)

• Since Dorsey + Jones = (Miami 95 @ 3.65) + (Bears 142 @ 3.55) + (Jets 188 @ 4.7)

Total = 142 @ 3.97 (Top 10)
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 13, 2016 at 7:04 AM ]
We are set at 3-4 DE. Armstead, Buckner, Dial, Blair and Jones. Depth and more depth.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
We are set at 3-4 DE. Armstead, Buckner, Dial, Blair and Jones. Depth and more depth.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by WeeRocco:
I like this guy, can't remember the exact play but he was holding off a blocker with one hand and brought the RB down with the other. I see him as a good rotational back up similar to Dial going forward.

Yeah, he seems to be fitting in nicely. I notice O'Neil moves him from LDE to NT, RDE, etc. That's a sign he's picking up the system quickly. Might be some perfect depth and all the snaps he's getting now are going to pay off.

Dorsey was finally inserted as a starter for game 8 (Saints)

Chris Jones has started since game 11 (Miami) for Armstead (I.R.)

Together since the Miami game, the run defense has gone from:
  • First 10 games = (Rams 65 @ 2.82) + (Panthers 176 @ 4.76) + (Hawks 127 @ 4.10) + (Boys 194 @ 4.97) + (Cards 172 @ 4.65) + (Bills 313 @ 7.11) + (Bucs 249 @ 6.07) + (Saints 248 @ 5.09) + (Cards 80 @ 3.48) + (Pats 171 @ 5.7)

Total = 180 @ 4.88 (32nd)

• Since Dorsey + Jones = (Miami 95 @ 3.65) + (Bears 142 @ 3.55) + (Jets 188 @ 4.7)

Total = 142 @ 3.97 (Top 10)

Funny how Softy Armstead was supposed to be drafted because of the type of job he did at Oregon where he "took on blockers to allow the LBs" to make plays...

I still laugh at that each time I remember some poster posting it..

I guess he left those skills and talent at Oregon!!

Originally posted by 9moon:
Funny how Softy Armstead was supposed to be drafted because of the type of job he did at Oregon where he "took on blockers to allow the LBs" to make plays...

I still laugh at that each time I remember some poster posting it..

I guess he left those skills and talent at Oregon!!

He wasn't used that way here...O'Neil had both he and Buckner (more QB pressures than any DE) 1-gapping, shooting up field being 'disruptive.' 2-gap IS how they both s/h/b used from day 1 with pass rush on some downs. He'll be alright...just needs a full year of snaps under a competent DC. Hell, if anything, once we lost Bowman and Ray-Ray, that should have been an even bigger reason he s/h gone to a 2-gap DL.
Originally posted by susweel:

Trust me, a lot of doing this at you bro-bro. I was thinking. Why don't you you take your talents to the Seahawks forum where you can talk ish on our team and theirs until we're good again? It's a win-win for you lol. Your act is like a comedy show that got old though I know you're half way effing around.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 13, 2016 at 3:31 PM ]

tell me what position is deeper currently on the team?
Pretty sad a 6th round draft pick that bounced from team to team is already playing at a higher level then Balmer 2.0 short stint. I hope they give this kid a fair shot in camp next season high pick or not you gotta earn your roster spot not just handed to you because the team reached for our services.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Trust me, a lot of doing this at you bro-bro. I was thinking. Why don't you you take your talents to the Seahawks forum where you can talk ish on our team and theirs until we're good again? It's a win-win for you lol. Your act is like a comedy show that got old though I know you're half way effing around.

good effort good job

lol to say we are "set" at a position that is directly responsible for one of the worst run defenses in NFL history is a laughable comment.
Don't worry fellas.. 9moon the GM is already working out a package (prior to the draft) that would send Joe Staley, Arik Armstead and a 3rd in 2018 for Grappy!!!

So trade an All-Pro LT, a recent 1st round pick, and a 3rd round selection for an unproven QB. Sounds legit.

good effort good job

lol to say we are "set" at a position that is directly responsible for one of the worst run defenses in NFL history is a laughable comment.

No effort needed it just came out... I know you're disappointed, we're not all Jedis. You're hating until proven innocent approach is like big wees in your you know what are bad fo yo health.
No effort needed it just came out... I know you're disappointed, we're not all Jedis. You're hating until proven innocent approach is like big wees in your you know what are bad fo yo health.

Nice!!! I'll say it....big D's in your ass is bad for your health
Originally posted by elguapo:

Nice!!! I'll say it....big D's in your ass is bad for your health

YAY-YAYYYYYYYYY(Cube voice)
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Don't worry fellas.. 9moon the GM is already working out a package (prior to the draft) that would send Joe Staley, Arik Armstead and a 3rd in 2018 for Grappy!!!

So trade an All-Pro LT, a recent 1st round pick, and a 3rd round selection for an unproven QB. Sounds legit.

you meant to say "trade an OLD Pro LT... a MISTAKEN 1st rounder... and a 3rd round in 2018.. "... uhhhm, yes, it is LEGIT !!
Originally posted by Niners99:

you meant to say "trade an OLD Pro LT... a MISTAKEN 1st rounder... and a 3rd round in 2018.. "... uhhhm, yes, it is LEGIT !!

Staley has another 4-5 years in him, your personal opinion... not legit unless they're throwing in their first and even that might not be worth it.
Share 49ersWebzone