LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 401 users in the forums

49ers sign WR Ryan Whalen

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
DON'T we already have Ed McCaffrey II in CAJUSTE???

That's what I'm sayin
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
The swain of 2016

Joe Hastings

Chris Hogan
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by zonkers:
I only vaguely remember Jered Bell being on the team . . .

Maybe they want more competition at the slot?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/8/25/6067675/memories-of-ryan-whalen
Ryan Whalen says he grew up going to Golden State Warriors games. Chris Mullin was his neighbor. Got hair cut same place.

Talked to Stanford WR Ryan Whalen yesterday. He power cleans 350 pounds. that's more than 90 percent of O-linemen. And Whalen weighs 205.Wow

So kudos, Ryan, for being able to hang onto the 53-man roster for so long considering your late-round draft status and your relatively loaded position group

and he's the white WR we've been longing for

He can clean 350lb? Make him a two way player: WR/ILB!
Hidden talent. Too many good WRs on CIN. He was able to stay on the team since 2011. He will look like a superstar next to our WRs.

CHAMPIONs**t!!!!
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 23, 2016 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by KajunNiner:
Kind of surprised no one has brought in Brian Hartline

Me too. This guy has 11 total catches.
Gonna be jordy Nelson in chips system... Then I wake up from my dream
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
CHAMPHOIHSOINs**t!
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
This isn't necessarily a vote of confidence in our current receiver corps. With all the receivers we have on the roster, we go and sign yet another one? Makes one wonder.

There is no wonder about it. The current group is not good. Even against other 3s, there has been no one that consistently gets separation.

plus they lost one to IR and another 2 guys are banged up

Agreed
Originally posted by zonkers:
I only vaguely remember Jered Bell being on the team . . .

Maybe they want more competition at the slot?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/8/25/6067675/memories-of-ryan-whalen
Ryan Whalen says he grew up going to Golden State Warriors games. Chris Mullin was his neighbor. Got hair cut same place.

Talked to Stanford WR Ryan Whalen yesterday. He power cleans 350 pounds. that's more than 90 percent of O-linemen. And Whalen weighs 205.Wow

So kudos, Ryan, for being able to hang onto the 53-man roster for so long considering your late-round draft status and your relatively loaded position group

and he's the white WR we've been longing for

Chip = Tears of Joy

Originally posted by Joecool:
Hidden talent. Too many good WRs on CIN. He was able to stay on the team since 2011. He will look like a superstar next to our WRs.

LMAO...sad...but true.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
This isn't necessarily a vote of confidence in our current receiver corps. With all the receivers we have on the roster, we go and sign yet another one? Makes one wonder.

There is no wonder about it. The current group is not good. Even against other 3s, there has been no one that consistently gets separation.

plus they lost one to IR and another 2 guys are banged up

Agreed

Most likely 2 will be on Ir and maybe Smelter is put on Ir as well and Ellington has been dinged up as well.
He's going to be our next Edelman.
Remember when Austin Collie was a 49er for a hot second?? That is how long Whalen will last
Hes probably a good run blocker, hes strong enough. Chip would of knew him from duck days
Share 49ersWebzone