LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 136 users in the forums

49ers sign WR Ryan Whalen

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This isn't necessarily a vote of confidence in our current receiver corps. With all the receivers we have on the roster, we go and sign yet another one? Makes one wonder.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
This isn't necessarily a vote of confidence in our current receiver corps. With all the receivers we have on the roster, we go and sign yet another one? Makes one wonder.

There is no wonder about it. The current group is not good. Even against other 3s, there has been no one that consistently gets separation.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by dj43:

There is no wonder about it. The current group is not good. Even against other 3s, there has been no one that consistently gets separation.

plus they lost one to IR and another 2 guys are banged up
Guys are banged up, they need someone to play. I don't see him making it. I'd like to think Trent is watching the Browns closely and looking to pick up someone from them.

this.
I only vaguely remember Jered Bell being on the team . . .

Maybe they want more competition at the slot?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/8/25/6067675/memories-of-ryan-whalen
Ryan Whalen says he grew up going to Golden State Warriors games. Chris Mullin was his neighbor. Got hair cut same place.

Talked to Stanford WR Ryan Whalen yesterday. He power cleans 350 pounds. that's more than 90 percent of O-linemen. And Whalen weighs 205.Wow

So kudos, Ryan, for being able to hang onto the 53-man roster for so long considering your late-round draft status and your relatively loaded position group
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by zonkers:
I only vaguely remember Jered Bell being on the team . . .

Maybe they want more competition at the slot?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/8/25/6067675/memories-of-ryan-whalen
Ryan Whalen says he grew up going to Golden State Warriors games. Chris Mullin was his neighbor. Got hair cut same place.

Talked to Stanford WR Ryan Whalen yesterday. He power cleans 350 pounds. that's more than 90 percent of O-linemen. And Whalen weighs 205.Wow

So kudos, Ryan, for being able to hang onto the 53-man roster for so long considering your late-round draft status and your relatively loaded position group

and he's the white WR we've been longing for

k
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

and we got some guys banged up so you sign this kid like we did with ponder. in my opinion. just to get through pre season
Originally posted by SoCold:

They said that teams have been inquiring about Josh Gordon via trade. I sure hope we're one of them!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
.... when no one else besides Torry Smith can impress the staff, these things happen

Thank you Patton, Simpson, Ellington and other busts
The swain of 2016
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
The swain of 2016

Can he wear a wig?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
DON'T we already have Ed McCaffrey II in CAJUSTE???
Share 49ersWebzone