There are 265 users in the forums

Ray Ray Armstrong

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Last year we were running a LB needy system and lacked depth...he's now competing with a healthy Bowman a first round pick and a guy we just gave 26 Million with 13 of it guaranteed. He lost his chance last year due to health and odds are against him probably seeing another here again.

Fosters a lock to be a starter day 1?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Assuming Ray-Ray is playing at the will spot, he's competing with Foster and Smith.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Assuming Ray-Ray is playing at the will spot, he's competing with Foster and Smith.

I am really hoping Ray-Ray will shine, Foster recovers 100% and puts a little size on him to eventually land MLB. In the meantime, if Ray-Ray plays like he did last year, then I wouldn't be surprised if Foster gets used in passing situations somehow.

3rd downs, do sort of a strong nickel with Foster at OLB and Ray-Ray as a SS.

Who really cares. Let the best man win and we will simply have great depth. Ray-Ray will most likely be a backup as he was the one without a home until last year.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jul 20, 2017 at 6:30 AM ]
Our best cover LB IMO. Nickel candidate fa sho. Not base.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

This...on passing downs we might see our two fastest LBs out there in Smith and Ray-Ray/Foster. Who knows...
I'm hoping he's a starter.

i was a big RayRay fan last year and was sad to see him get hurt so early on. But i just think we have too many good players ahead of him. Bowman, Foster, Smith, and Brooks will all probably be ahead of him. I hope they still keep him aboard though as a backup and special teamer. Could always use depth and his contract is reasonable. I think i saw something like we would only save $1.5M if we cut him. Plus, Bowman and Foster both have injuries issues right now, so it wouldnt be a bad idea to keep RayRay as insurance for the position
He's so good you have to say his name twice
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He's so good you have to say his name twice

Hope to say hes so good itll make you wanna smack yo mama..
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jul 22, 2017 at 2:02 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

This...on passing downs we might see our two fastest LBs out there in Smith and Ray-Ray/Foster. Who knows...

What 49er fans should feel good about is were not gonna get 3 and outs all the time. Hoping we got a 4 headed monster at LB. One thing i can say NC...were not considering Ray-Ray at SS right now. The dude he does footwork with said he SHOULD meaNING hes not.

Pdizos boy Ray-Ray Anderson

This system benefits his skill set, Ray has the speed to play in this scheme
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Agree one hunnit. I hope we use him to keep FrostBow fresh. I wonder if he's possible trade bait if we plan on using Tartt at the WILL as we seen tonight(Frost was MLB).

Agree one hunnit. I hope we use him to keep FrostBow fresh. I wonder if he's possible trade bait if we plan on using Tartt at the WILL as we seen tonight(Frost was MLB).

Good question.

We have a number of guys like Dial we could use in that capacity.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Good question.

The front 7 is full of versatile guys. We can keep them fresh all season. the secondary on the other hand... lets hope ward is good and healthy
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Good question.

The front 7 is full of versatile guys. We can keep them fresh all season. the secondary on the other hand... lets hope ward is good and healthy

Coyle might be on the hot seat again.. I hope we run Frost/Tartt at WILL, Bow/Ray-Ray at MLB.
Share 49ersWebzone