LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 172 users in the forums

Do you believe Colin Kaepernick is the answer at QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe Colin Kaepernick is the answer at QB?

Do you believe, you believe in Colin's magic?

Yes, I believe, I believe that I do.

Can you see that Colin has some magic.

Cause his mission is magic and his play will shine through.
qnn, we better pray kap doesn't go down , because if he does, we are in for some horrendous football.
No, I don't think so. There are some things you just can't teach--and Kap is missing those things. The kid is one hell of an athlete, but he still makes plenty of horrendous throws, and he's quite lucky more of them haven't been picked off this season. He rarely steps up in the pocket (even when he has one for more than two seconds) and he also doesn't look off defenders. He still has no touch on his passes, especially in the flat and on deep balls (and I should note: his deep balls were supposed to be what separated him from another QB who shall not be named). For all his athletic prowess, Kap has little QB smarts (e.g., inability to get the play off, not knowing where the first down marker is, not knowing when to throw the ball away, calls time outs at the wrong times (like on that 4th and 1)). Pains me to say it, but it's true.

I've said it before (and it's pure speculation, but nonetheless my honest belief), I don't think the play calling is to blame. I think the coaches are handcuffed in what they can call because of Kap's limited skill set. You all can disagree, but that's just how I see it.

Hope the kid succeeds in a 49er uniform, but the more I see from him, the more it becomes apparent that he cannot reach the upside that we all saw when he first took the field.
Originally posted by 49erLegend:
Do you believe, you believe in Colin's magic?

Yes, I believe, I believe that I do.

Can you see that Colin has some magic.

Cause his mission is magic and his play will shine through.

Now sing it to the tune of NICO & VINZ - Am I Wrong
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
qnn, we better pray kap doesn't go down , because if he does, we are in for some horrendous football.

Not sure I agree paso! I have thought this until now but with the OLine being so...abysmal, and the team in total confusion, it may not matter who the QB is. If they can straighen out their problems then the QB matter more. Who knows...the olne might actually pass block better knowing Gabbert can't run. Sometimes lines get frustrated because the running QBs are difficult to predict/block for. Perhaps that's why they are trying to keep Kaepernick in the pocket...though I think it a mistake. Roll outs, designed runs and some pocket seem needed...soon!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Injuredlife:
There's no reason Kaep can't do both. He's capable. It just takes time, but that's the frustration of being a fan. You want Kaep to be successful NOW!. I'm no different. But if Kaep gets injured for an extended period, are we prepared for Gabbert

Major blunder on Harbaugh part if he benched/traded Alex Smith for a project

After that Bears game on MNF couple of years ago, Harbaugh seemed to totally bought into Kaep. And Kaep did looked fantastic. Sophomore slump for Kaep...? Maybe. This is his second full year as a starter.

Except Kap is what...27? 28? He has been under harbs since day 1 and in the same offensive system for the same amount of time.

Its time for the kid to grow up and take control of HIS offense.

Sure no one is helping him, but thats more of a reason he needs to elevate his game. HE should be the one firing up his line. Not Tomsula. He is the one that should be holding his offenses feet to the fire.

I like Kap, and i want nothing more for him to become a complete QB, but the #1 thing that has worried me from day 1 with Kap, is his ability to lead men. I have not seen that leadership quality that most successful NFL qb's have. Success being measured by championship wins and longevity of productive offenses. IMO this offense peeked the year he took over, and has been on the downward trend ever since. Thats not all his fault, but he is certainly part of the problem. It is his offense s**tting all over the field on sundays.

1. Harbaugh
2. Roman
3. Kap
4. everyone else.

Regardless of play from other positions (im looking at you oline) Thats the order of accountability when it comes to this empty shell of an offense. Right or wrong, that's the way she goes boys.
Vic Fangio and his defense loves to play against young qb. You take away his best option and he takes longer to find his other options. Just in time for the defensive line guys to get him for a sack. I think that's what defenses are doing to Kaep
To reanswer the original question of this thread...yes, he'd better be!

The team has limited options and has invested heavily in Kaepernick...not just money but time and coaching. If they can't develop a guy with his ability then I'm not too sure they can develop any QB in this system, with these coaches..

I have no faith in Gabbert so unless they are going to bring in a veteran FA, CK is the guy! Rebuilding for another four years is not my idea of growth or progress!
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for 49erLegend.
It is all about the beats. Right Dr Dre.
Originally posted by Geeked:
There's no reason Kaep can't do both. He's capable. It just takes time, but that's the frustration of being a fan. You want Kaep to be successful NOW!. I'm no different. But if Kaep gets injured for an extended period, are we prepared for Gabbert

Major blunder on Harbaugh part if he benched/traded Alex Smith for a project

That's sooo easy to say. There's a very good chance Smith would look worse right now. And he HAS looked worse than Keap's WORST DAY.

Let's keep this about Kap not Alex or comparisons. Not pointing fingers at anyone, but Alex has no relevance to the discussion here. Alex isn't coming back, so it just doesn't matter... Not a single useful conversation can come of it in the context of the current status of our team.

I personally don't care for Kap and I am disappointed with the way he got the job, but he's our QB and we should all be pulling for him despite our personal feelings. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't call him out when we feel he's performed inadequately.

Originally posted by 49erLegend:
It is all about the beats. Right Dr Dre.
What does this even mean?
"With his ability". He's a heavily flawed QB from a gimmicky College system. These coaches reached the Conference Title Game with 2 different QBs

I'm fine with bringing in a Carson Palmer type. There are also many Quarterbacks currently in College that could be *at worst* just as inconsistent. Just don't get cocky and try and revolutionize the Quarterback position.

Disagree, but I guess that's obvious. Kaepernick is having a tough year due to many issues but his ability is being mishandled in my opinion. You don't agree and that's OK...but Palmer? Really? Yikes! With this line Palmer would be in traction.
41 % of the people in this pole are wrong. CK7 has done so much, and yet people cannot get past that he is not a good interview or has tattoos. Colin Kaepernick has only brought the team to an NFC Championship where Kyle Williams flubbed it.

Brought the Niners to a Super bowl after years of perjatory.

Has made the team fun to watch.

Just signed a long term extension.

Like I said he IS the answer for the 9ers, get on the train or get left behind.
Originally posted by 9erred:
41 % of the people in this pole are wrong. CK7 has done so much, and yet people cannot get past that he is not a good interview or has tattoos. Colin Kaepernick has only brought the team to an NFC Championship where Kyle Williams flubbed it.

Brought the Niners to a Super bowl after years of perjatory.

Has made the team fun to watch.

Just signed a long term extension.

Like I said he IS the answer for the 9ers, get on the train or get left behind.

Yea... that game was fun to watch, alright.
Has anyone commented yet on Kaepernick's flawed mechanics. When he throws, he doesn't looked polished at all
Share 49ersWebzone