Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 483 users in the forums

Niner games Ref's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is seriously becoming disheartening. I just hope the players don't feel the same.
Originally posted by Redeemer:
This is seriously becoming disheartening. I just hope the players don't feel the same.

I think our players are professional enough to take each game as a seperate event. They realize that different referees are in charge each game. Hopefully as more attention is drawn to the issue the refs will have to clean up their act or risk further criticism of the NFL along with the scandals already going on.

Honesly the current Ray Rice/DV scandal that is going on is giving the NFL a lot of cover on this officiating b******t. No one's talking about it because they have other stories about the NFL that are garnering bigger headlines
I can handle a botched call even if it has a major impact on a game, if I feel like it is human error. This feels like something different. We can't win this way and I don't like feeling this frustrated, so something has to give. I think I need a break until this crap gets fixed.
Originally posted by Redeemer:
This is seriously becoming disheartening. I just hope the players don't feel the same.

Yeah. I don't even enjoy the game anymore. It's very clear we're being targeted. It's obvious when you watch other games and how different they are officiated compare of our game. At least against us.
Wasn't Gene Saratore a late replacement for the NFC Championship game for some unknown reason? I might be wrong though.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Personal Foul.... the 49er player looked at the Cardinal player.....automatic FIRST DOWN!!!!


This is what I'm going to do if someone mentions the game at work tomorrow.
Man....it is helpful for me to read some of these posts....just to know others are thinking the same thing as I am.

I'll say this too.....when even the national announcers start saying...."Wow....that was a bad call", you know that something is up. Those guys are so vanilla most of the time, it is ridiculous.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Both the roughing the passer calls were b******t.

I nearly tore apart my house on those two calls. What a horrible game the NFL is creating.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I can handle a bad team, I've done it before. But I can't watch a game of penalties, I just can't do it.

this. its like watching paint dry
The most glaring in my mind was the BS roughing the passer call on Willis...Stanton had just released the ball when Patrick hit him fair and square...worst roughing penalty I've seen in years. That said, the defense shouldn't have been in that position...but they were because they weren't getting any pressure w/o the blitz.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,735
Too bad they can't install instant replay on penalties. Maybe only review PI and personal foul calls. By leaving these up to what the refs see, its really hurting games. Refs call stuff even though they don't clearly see it. Does the NFL tell these refs, weekly, what calls are BS and what are not?

Another thing, isn't going for the QB knees a penalty? Because on one sack on Kaep, the defender clearly went for his knees yet no call. Then they call 2 BS personal foul calls on the AZ QB?
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Understand the politics fellas. This may be a Ray McDonald backlash.

Wow, that sucks if you are right.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,893
what I find a little disturbing is the penalties don't start until we are kicking their azz
It stars with b******t calls, and then players get frustrated and angry, then it turns into stupid mistakes, same formula in the second half of every game this season....I hate conspiracy theories, but thats all I have on this one. I wrote yesterdays game off, after the back to back BS personal fowls, it was over an I knew it. If this keeps up our season is done. When we had no talent, I would second guess coaching and personal choices, slowly we developed a talented roster, but our coaching was awful I would be on pins and needles all game long, hoping Nolan, or Singletary wouldn't screw it up.
Now we have talent, we have coaching, and I generally watch the games expecting to dominate a well played game, until this season, I watch waiting for the refers to screw us, and to see the whole thing collapse. Oddly since it feels so much like we are just getting screwed, I don't feel any emotion, other than powerlessness. it seems there is nothing the team can do. I know in my logical mind the NFL is not out to get us, but some how, I just FEEL they are, from the blown calls in the NFC tittle game with the Giants, to the blown calls in the Super Bowl, to the way they let Seattle get away with near constant cheating, it just seems rigged. Like a story has been written, and it doesn't include us. I find myself after 40+ years of watching my Niners, for the first time ever, thinking of turning it off and walking away. I have had season tickets, I have had years when I could proudly say I did not miss one snap, of one game in the entire season, now I just don't know, sure I'll watch, it is a lifelong habit, but I don't feel emotionally invested anymore.
I truly hope this is just my paranoia, and that coach cleans up our play, and the refs start calling a better game, because I already miss the energy and excitement of caring so very much for my team.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,143
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Man....it is helpful for me to read some of these posts....just to know others are thinking the same thing as I am.

I'll say this too.....when even the national announcers start saying...."Wow....that was a bad call", you know that something is up. Those guys are so vanilla most of the time, it is ridiculous.
Pretty sad, the people who cry about the refs are a large group. Funny how the biased homer never sees the 49ers get away with non calls or benefit from bad ones. I do all the time, guess my old style TV sees things that the average 65" flat screen doesn't.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone