LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 230 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
we need to hit up FA hard for a new center even if Kilgore is back and fine...I say give some cash to J.C. Tretter, GB has two stud centers and Linsely is the current starter and on a cheap deal for another deal.

OR maybe snag A.Q. Shipley
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is going to be AWESOME watching the camera angle right down the OL/DL.

We're going to see Trenton Brown and Andrew Tiller pancaking a DL each while at the same time, watching Marcus Martin get pancaked by a DL. It's going to looked choreographed. But it's not...
Lol

So True....
Originally posted by NYniner85:
we need to hit up FA hard for a new center even if Kilgore is back and fine...I say give some cash to J.C. Tretter, GB has two stud centers and Linsely is the current starter and on a cheap deal for another deal.

For sure. That's the only good that's come from this season...the lesson that we can't count on Bowman, Dorsey, Williams, Kilgore, Staley is getting older, Vance, Ellington, etc. We have GOT to get quality players in here who can push these players or flat out beat them as starters, improving our depth. We've been able to find a few more players b/c of injuries in Kerley and Jones.
MM bout to give ATL fans false hope that their defensive front is coming on and getting hot at the right time.
Originally posted by lamontb:
MM bout to give ATL fans false hope that their defensive front is coming on and getting hot at the right time.

Might have to start that ATL defense in fantasy
I'm hoping they give Balducci a shot at playing C...I don't know how/why MM is still a Niner. They need to cut him this off-season & draft/sign a C who can also play OG or vice versa. Enough already.
With Martin now the starting Centre, we can rest assured that we´ll finish 1-15, and maybe see Ponder beacuse Kapernick and Gabbert have been injured.
PFF this time agrees with the eye test, grading MM as the worst center of the week.
Martin is a major disappointment. Hopefully he will be serving up fries next season

For sure. That's the only good that's come from this season...the lesson that we can't count on Bowman, Dorsey, Williams, Kilgore, Staley is getting older, Vance, Ellington, etc. We have GOT to get quality players in here who can push these players or flat out beat them as starters, improving our depth. We've been able to find a few more players b/c of injuries in Kerley and Jones.

Agreed. Look for improvements every where on this team!

Originally posted by tohara3:

something baalke failed at doing in FA.

yup get J.C. Tretter he filled in well in GB this yr as the starter while Linsely was out. Center HAS to be upgraded.

Get Martin out of here and let him and Kilgore battle it out.

yup get J.C. Tretter he filled in well in GB this yr as the starter while Linsely was out. Center HAS to be upgraded.

Get Martin out of here and let him and Kilgore battle it out.

Plus if Kelly is still here and we stick with his IZ runs, he's GOT to find a more powerful C at the POA. And LG too...maybe he'll finally see the light with Tiller?
Plus if Kelly is still here and we stick with his IZ runs, he's GOT to find a more powerful C at the POA. And LG too...maybe he'll finally see the light with Tiller?

I hope so...I have no problem with Staley chilling this rest of the yr and moving the line around a little to see who's got a future here. Martin is gonna show (if he hasn't yet) why he shouldn't be on the team.
I thought Martin did a decent job last week against the Jets. Surely better than his first few years.
Share 49ersWebzone