LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 300 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was hoping we had traded this bum for Kerley i guess we know 4sure he has no value whatsover.
oh god why
Pray for Daniel Kilgores health so that this guy never sees the field
y u still here
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Pray for Daniel Kilgores health so that this guy never sees the field

This. And pray for Balducci's expedited development, Beadles and Tiller mastering the C calls, etc.
He's 22 y/o with 3 yrs of experience and can play G and C

So far he has looked stronger this year, he might be OK
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:
He's 22 y/o with 3 yrs of experience and can play G and C

So far he has looked stronger this year, he might be OK

He wasn't nearly as terrible as some people are saying.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Antix:
He's gone. Where is there space on this lone for a crappy guard? Guard is waay to deep. His only chance was backup C but he cant do that either.

Stop drafting USC linemen.

The funny part is USC generally turns out good linemen. But the 49ers pick the ones that suck.... I'm a USC guy and didn't like either of the slobs the 49ers selected.

I think you would be correct if you had said, "USC USED TO turn out great lineman". Then the sanctions hit with cheatin' Pete (aka Peter cheater) heading to SEA just ahead of a group that would come to fire him. After they no longer could hire guys to play there, or bought houses for their parents...well, then, their OL factory kind of shut down. That may not be exactly the case , but is pretty close.
Marcus Martin sighting. One play...........gives up a drive killing sack. Why is this fat tub of goo still on the roster? I just don't get it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Marcus Martin sighting. One play...........gives up a drive killing sack. Why is this fat tub of goo still on the roster? I just don't get it.

Ughh...I know. Dude is a waste of space. All he has is youth. He hasn't shown any kind of standout ability or improvement, and I doubt he ever will. He's been so bad.

On the TV broadcast they mistakenly called out Tiller for getting beat. I thought to myself "That can't be right, Tiller doesn't get owned like that". They show the replay, and sure enough, it was #66 getting beat like a drum...again.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 19, 2016 at 8:49 AM ]

Marcus Martin Makes Chilo Rachal look like Guy McIntyre
I said this last year after the 2014 season when we had to experience the Jonathan and Maruc Martin duo.... you let these types of players linger around...there is a chance they find their to a starting position.

it happened in 2014... happened in 2015....and it has happened again in 2016.

Marcus Martin starting. Next to a rookie who still has pass protection issues (this won't help the rook).

Should've moved on from Martin when we had the chance.

Should we expect low snaps again to go with the whiff blocks?
This is going to be AWESOME watching the camera angle right down the OL/DL.

We're going to see Trenton Brown and Andrew Tiller pancaking a DL each while at the same time, watching Marcus Martin get pancaked by a DL. It's going to looked choreographed. But it's not...
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is going to be AWESOME watching the camera angle right down the OL/DL.

We're going to see Trenton Brown and Andrew Tiller pancaking a DL each while at the same time, watching Marcus Martin get pancaked by a DL. It's going to looked choreographed. But it's not...

at least we got rid of that injury clause for Kap
we aren't winning another game now
Share 49ersWebzone