• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by crabman82:
already better than earl thomas

LOL

i've got sources telling me earl thomas first INT in practice didnt come until the 4th TC practice

Bust.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Most DBs would have looked at that deflection like a blur and react a split second too late, but this cat got good eye / reflex. Everything he does is with the quickness... I bet he don't **** around when he takes a dump, yao mean
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
Most DBs would have looked at that deflection like a blur and react a split second too late, but this cat got good eye / reflex. Everything he does is with the quickness... I bet he don't **** around when he takes a dump, yao mean

yea i think that is what our scouts saw in him, good reaction and excellent reflexes. His tape is full of interceptions where he reacts to the ball in the air super quick. This kid is going to be good!!!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

yea i think that is what our scouts saw in him, good reaction and excellent reflexes. His tape is full of interceptions where he reacts to the ball in the air super quick. This kid is going to be good!!!

that's what stood out to me the most as well. He has great reflexes and makes you pay if the ball is tipped.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Just stay healthy rook. I see a bright future for this kid

Agree. So excited to see him out on the field in game action.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Just stay healthy rook. I see a bright future for this kid

Agree. So excited to see him out on the field in game action.

If he's in the same mould as Reid in being an all pro his first rookie year, watch out NFL, this defense will be very tough for years to come. And seadderall will have to kiss their dynasty dreams goodbye!
I think, he look like a thin? He need gain his weight and need get some muscle.
Originally posted by Giedi:
If he's in the same mould as Reid in being an all pro his first rookie year, watch out NFL, this defense will be very tough for years to come. And seadderall will have to kiss their dynasty dreams goodbye!

HA dynasty
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Fast are supposed to be corner slots. The likes of Austin Tavon will Jimmy covers. Do you even football?

Lol
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Fast are supposed to be corner slots. The likes of Austin Tavon will Jimmy covers. Do you even football?

He is good fast? Ofc what about tackle if he is thin that will get hurt by tackle? He is playing at SS or F'S that over weight at 210 to 235 lbs. It's all good at least

• lazy
  • Veteran
Man, it's good to hear that Jimmie Ward is already picking off passes.
I think this years secondary is going to be overlooked by a lot of teams. I still believe this secondary will surprise and be even better than years past.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

that's what stood out to me the most as well. He has great reflexes and makes you pay if the ball is tipped.

I don't want to start wetting myself on just one day, but his presence with Reid, Brock and Bethea will be better than solid. I'm getting the sense that our secondary can turn out to be one of our strengths instead of weakness which many critics think. And I'm not forgetting about Cully, Morris, Johnson....
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
From yesterdays media session.

Q: DB Jimmy Ward's been primarily the first-team nickel corner. What have you seen from him and keeping that spot? He hasn't moved back at all as he continues to get all the reps.

Vic Fangio: "Yeah, we've given him a lot of reps there trying to get him to learn the position. There's a lot to learn there. Basically, the nickel becomes like a linebacker. He has to learn how to play zones from a linebacker's perspective. He has to play man on a slot. He has to know his correct leverage and help where it is, etc. There's a lot to learn there. So we've given him more than enough reps and he's gotten a lot of reps in the practices that you guys don't even see, these walkthroughs that we have. We're trying to get him schooled and ready to go."

Q: Aren't you eager to see him against Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos and what they do in the slot?

Vic Fangio: "Yeah, we're eager to see him against anybody. He got a great learning experience against Baltimore."
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
From yesterdays media session.

Q: DB Jimmy Ward's been primarily the first-team nickel corner. What have you seen from him and keeping that spot? He hasn't moved back at all as he continues to get all the reps.

Vic Fangio: "Yeah, we've given him a lot of reps there trying to get him to learn the position. There's a lot to learn there. Basically, the nickel becomes like a linebacker. He has to learn how to play zones from a linebacker's perspective. He has to play man on a slot. He has to know his correct leverage and help where it is, etc. There's a lot to learn there. So we've given him more than enough reps and he's gotten a lot of reps in the practices that you guys don't even see, these walkthroughs that we have. We're trying to get him schooled and ready to go."

Q: Aren't you eager to see him against Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos and what they do in the slot?

Vic Fangio: "Yeah, we're eager to see him against anybody. He got a great learning experience against Baltimore."

As always, great straight-shooting comments from VF.
Share 49ersWebzone