LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 410 users in the forums

49ers next on dynasty week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey, there were quite a few in the Zone that wanted to let Alex walk w/out getting anything!

Sure glad Trent is running the show.

I wonder what Trent could have gotten for TO?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Hey, there were quite a few in the Zone that wanted to let Alex walk w/out getting anything!

hopefully more than Brandon Whiting or whatever the hell his name was
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

hopefully more than Brandon Whiting or whatever the hell his name was

if i remember correctly, TO and his agent had the mis hap, we tried to trade him to the ravens for a 2nd rounder, TO's side made a stink out of it. so essentially we were forced to take the deal with philly. it was a real unique set of circumstances, but hypothetically i dont think theres anything baalke could have done in that situation.
What a game! I had a good feeling they were gonna win this one!
This game still sends chills down my spine!
Although they ultimately led to losses the next week, it was awesome reliving the catch 2 and the comeback against the Giants.
my one take from watching these retro games this week is that man we really didnt know what we were missing with high def.
Why can't I ever witness an offense like the '89 team? Was only 1 year old so I missed that offensive beauty, the way Montana ran that offense was amazing
much rather see path to the draft with us, is there a link to that? i know all the dynasty stuff already lol
Originally posted by jbeale49:
How bout Eric wright PI in the steeler game in 84' week 7? That isn't even a penalty today in this league and set of rules.

Was a complete B.S. call I thought back then - Wright made a good play. That game was the team's only defeat that year if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Why can't I ever witness an offense like the '89 team? Was only 1 year old so I missed that offensive beauty, the way Montana ran that offense was amazing

Stop bragging, I felt old as f- watching that. But hey my son is 2 months old, so he will barely be 1 when the 9ers win the superbowl.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Was a complete B.S. call I thought back then - Wright made a good play. That game was the team's only defeat that year if I remember correctly.

You are correct, sir. Never know how the psyche of being undefeated would've changed things but you can't help but wonder how the atmosphere would have been meeting Miami in the SB. Dolphins the last defense to preserve their unbeaten season of 72? Too good to be true.

What a play though. Its not done that well today. DB always has that other hand on the back of the WR. Not EW1!!!
Wtf? I had the SF/GB game recorded then the last hour was nothing but sh*t about Ralph Wilson.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Also regarding this game, either ESPN or fox did an interview with Trey Junkin a few years after the game, and he talked about how this game ruined what he thinks of his career.

I have a friend who is a die-hard giants fan, and every now and then, I'd get him with a Trey Junkin reference. But that stopped when Williams decided to go potato.

Junkin came out of retirement to play in this game.

I recall seeing an interview where he said he either didn't respect the 49ers or wouldn't want to play for them.

Bad snap couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

BTW guys, as an aside....you know how pissed we get thinking about the '90 NFC champ game or the '11 NFC champ game:

Giants fans consider this '02 wildcard on the same level of pain.

F'in idiots.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Junkin came out of retirement to play in this game.

I recall seeing an interview where he said he either didn't respect the 49ers or wouldn't want to play for them.

Bad snap couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

BTW guys, as an aside....you know how pissed we get thinking about the '90 NFC champ game or the '11 NFC champ game:

Giants fans consider this '02 wildcard on the same level of pain.

F'in idiots.

Seriously! My buddy insists that forward progress (he admits it was a clear fumble) was payback for Chike Okeafor's PI.

That was a Wilcard game where the winner was getting waxed by Tampa the next week anyways. That Giants team was red hot, but there was no chance they would've gotten past that Bucs team. The other two games decided the Super Bowl, imo.
Share 49ersWebzone