LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 270 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Hearing #49ers ass't OLB coach Peter Hansen, seen here winging passes, is heading back to #Stanford. http://youtu.be/spCgp-8_TLc via @youtube

Take Roman with you!
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Hearing #49ers ass't OLB coach Peter Hansen, seen here winging passes, is heading back to #Stanford. http://youtu.be/spCgp-8_TLc via @youtube

Take Roman with you!

i wonder what harbaughs networking skills are like if all these stanford dudes start disappearing? u guys think he goes outside and tries new people or he will just keep digging up people hes worked with in the past? harbaugh is a smart dude and a football man but so far we havent seen him have to deal with this situation much
Kubiak looking like Harbaugh's next OC, John Harbaugh that is.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:

However some of us want a championship. We know what that looks like. We know and have seen coaches and teams do it before and when we don't see that with our own, we ask questions. Don't stop asking questions. Never settle until you reach your goals.

I hope that you are not saying that people who disagree with your point of view do not want a championship.
  • buck
  • Veteran
There were some thoughts in NFL circles that the San Francisco 49ers could have lost secondary coach Ed Donatell this offseason for a defensive coordinator job.

His contract is expiring and he was expected to get interest for a promotion. However, because of the 49ers' long playoff ride and a lack of defensive coordinator jobs, it appears Donatell is staying with the 49ers. A source familiar with the situation said Donatell is expected to sign a new deal this offseason.

If Donatell signs just a one-year extension, he could be a candidate for defensive coordinator jobs next year. He was a defensive coordinator from 2000-06 with Green Bay and Atlanta.

Meanwhile, Stanford announced 49ers defensive assistant Peter Hansen will coach its inside linebackers. He is the third young assistant to leave the 49ers to go to the college ranks this month, joining Tim Drevno (USC) and Paul Wulff (South Florida).

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/4808/key-assistant-coach-expected-back

I do not know too much, anything really, about the other three, but I want Ed Donatell to stay.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
However some of us want a championship. We know what that looks like. We know and have seen coaches and teams do it before and when we don't see that with our own, we ask questions. Don't stop asking questions. Never settle until you reach your goals.

I hope that you are not saying that people who disagree with your point of view do not want a championship.

Not at all ... I don't want him to stop simply because other disagree. His analysis and reasoning as to how the team can overcome current obstacles are just as valid and not "crazy" which the previous poster inferred.

That is reassuring. These discussions can get out of hand very rapidly.
Share 49ersWebzone