LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 179 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
crabman, what kind of game are you going to have Sunday?
Sherman actually said Peterson is a great player he just feels like he's the best DB in the game. What would you want him to say?
Originally posted by crabman82:
eat if sea f*gs

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows2m
Somewhat surprising news: Joe Staley back at practice today and looked rather spry.

Joe Staley is either a total badass or a total badass.
Originally posted by tricitiesfan:
Do you know how many nfl players are on stuff? Most of the suspensions were adderall or for weed. Stupid yes. Make much of a difference on game day? Obviously no. When you say Seattle is better because they cheated it makes you look bad. Seattle is a damn good football team and its not because of adderall. Its ok to admit that. Hell the 49ers are a damn good football team who I hope we beat. I can admit that and so should you.

all i know is that this is the response from the fan of a team leading the league in suspensions. theres rules and when they're broken, people call that cheating. i've never said the seahawks arent good at football. i'm wondering why you its think its stupid to be called cheaters when you're a top the suspension list? i dont mind the hawk fans who say i dont care we're winning, its the hawk fans trying to defend it saying other teams are doing it and this and that.
Can we please see this Colin Kaepernick this Sunday?!

• Disp
  • Veteran
Do you know how many nfl players are on stuff? Most of the suspensions were adderall or for weed. Stupid yes. Make much of a difference on game day? Obviously no. When you say Seattle is better because they cheated it makes you look bad. Seattle is a damn good football team and its not because of adderall. Its ok to admit that. Hell the 49ers are a damn good football team who I hope we beat. I can admit that and so should you.

You realize that the NFL can't disclose what they've actually tested positive for correct? You've seriously never stepped back and wondered how 99% of the banned substances/susbstance abuse players admit to are Adderrall and weed? That's because they can say they tested positive for anything, and those are the most culturally acceptable substances they can admit to. You have no way to know what they were caught with, but chances are it's not what they admitted to.

As to the question, no I doubt many, if any, hate each other.
Sherman actually said Peterson is a great player he just feels like he's the best DB in the game. What would you want him to say?

I recall him talking trash through a tweet during or after 9er/Cardinal game.
Originally posted by Canfan:
Originally posted by pwillis132:
I actually think the seahawks win this one, here's 5 reasons why
1. Russell Wilson, he is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has two years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win
2. Offensive line, they average a weight a 320 across the line: Okung, Riva, Unger, Breno, Ossai. These guys have an attitude and are ready to rumble.
3. Dan Quinn, new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Many players have spoken about the difference of Bradley and Quinn, you will see a much improved seahawks defense on sunday.
4. Speed, speed, speed. This is the fastest seahawks team in a while. Miller, Tate, Boldin, Harvin, Kearse. The newbies will be inexperienced but will provide a new dimension the seahawks haven't had, speed.
5. Time of possession: I think the seahawks could dominate the TIP stat in this one, the more the seahawks hold the ball and keep their defense fresh the better change they have to win.
I think the seahawks win rather easily...say 34-17?

OK, I don't know who you are but you don't talk like a 9er fan and you don't know enough about the Seahawks to be a fan of that team. I'm a Seahawks fan, who comes to this site to learn more about the 49ers, not brag about the Seahawks. But as a life long Seahawks fan, you are going to have to explain to me who "Riva" and "Ossai" are and when they replaced Sweezy and McQuiston/Carpenter as guards for the team? I expect a tough, hard fought, extremely physical game and I would be shocked by more than a FG difference in the score....and I'm not sure who gets that field goal! Here's to a good game, with no injuries. Also, please let it be decided by the teams, not by the officials!

he also talks about being a fast seahawks team or whatever, then the 1st name he mentions is miller.

Yea, Miller is many things...fast isn't one of them. He has a 20 yard head start on everybody on his long reception Monday night and still got run down before he could score! I had time to get a beer to celebrate the catch and get back from the fridge in time to see the tackle!
1. Russell Wilson, he is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has two years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win
2. Offensive line, they average a weight a 320 across the line: Okung, Riva, Unger, Breno, Ossai. These guys have an attitude and are ready to rumble.
3. Dan Quinn, new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Many players have spoken about the difference of Bradley and Quinn, you will see a much improved seahawks defense on sunday.
4. Speed, speed, speed. This is the fastest seahawks team in a while. Miller, Tate, Boldin, Harvin, Kearse. The newbies will be inexperienced but will provide a new dimension the seahawks haven't had, speed.
5. Time of possession: I think the seahawks could dominate the TIP stat in this one, the more the seahawks hold the ball and keep their defense fresh the better change they have to win.

Cool joke man, cool joke!!
There is just as much hate for Carroll from San Fran fans. Im with Hawker84 on this one. I don't hate either although I thought yesterdays media session with Seattle media both of your guys looked like douches to be honest. I hate to say that but there were a ton of one word answers and rude responses from both guys. Carroll and Wilson were the exact opposite and are always gracious to the media. But I would be lying if I said I didn't like it. Its part of what makes our rivalry so great. Two different approaches. Sunday will be fun and I think both teams come to play.

Again Chancellor didn't cheapshot him. He did what every player is tought to do when a guy catches the ball. It was a great hit. If one of your guys hit our guy like that you would be saying the same thing. I havent seen a mean or nasty streak out of Davis. Does he run people over or play real physical? I thought the knock on him was that he doesn't. Again hes great, not saying that. Gore on the other hand plays very physical. Love watching him run.

RE your first point, I would much rather have an upfront a-hole like Harbaugh than a disingenuous phony like Carroll (Wilson seems like a pretty genuine, classy guy). This is also coming from a former Carroll fan. I like him when he was a coordinator with the Niners as well as his early days at USC. Then more and more things began to come out and this laid back, nice, good guy facade seemed a little suspect. The way he left USC in a lurch coupled with his tenure in SEA just cemented to me that he is a man of little character and his issues at USC were not just a onetime thing. I have no use for an individual like that.

OK, I don't know who you are but you don't talk like a 9er fan and you don't know enough about the Seahawks to be a fan of that team. I'm a Seahawks fan, who comes to this site to learn more about the 49ers, not brag about the Seahawks. But as a life long Seahawks fan, you are going to have to explain to me who "Riva" and "Ossai" are and when they replaced Sweezy and McQuiston/Carpenter as guards for the team? I expect a tough, hard fought, extremely physical game and I would be shocked by more than a FG difference in the score....and I'm not sure who gets that field goal! Here's to a good game, with no injuries. Also, please let it be decided by the teams, not by the officials!

he also talks about being a fast seahawks team or whatever, then the 1st name he mentions is miller.

Yea, Miller is many things...fast isn't one of them. He has a 20 yard head start on everybody on his long reception Monday night and still got run down before he could score! I had time to get a beer to celebrate the catch and get back from the fridge in time to see the tackle!

He also failed to mentioned probably Seattle's fastest player in Ricardo Lockette in that speed, speed category. This guy is a joke.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Dec 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM ]
All I can is people close to the organization in and around the city love Carroll and say he is a great guy away from the limelight. To me EVERY college coach cheats and the Reggie Bush thing wasn't really a Carroll issue. But I can see why those on the outside don't like him. I can only tell you what people I've known who have been around him have said as well as the general opionion of him around Seattle. Wilson is about as good a guy as you can be. Very classy.

So I while I disagree I would maybe have the same opinion of him as you do if I wasnt from around here. So to each their own I guess.

As a Hawks fan I have to admit Miller is SLOW. I can't believe he didn't score on that long pass from Wilson. lol
They can't say but it usually gets out. And again to claim Seattle is good because they cheat while no one else does is silly and flat out wrong. they are a talented team. You can hate them, root against them etc. but if being intellectually honest you would admit they are a very talented team just like your 49ers.

Also different punishment for different substances so when a punishment is given out you can usually figure out which substance was taken. thats why guys like John Clayton say they have a pretty good idea what it was when reporting it.
And Sherman won his appeal and played his BEST after it all came out when he was under a lot of watchful eyes. He's just a specail player. no harm in admitting that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Can we please see this Colin Kaepernick this Sunday?!

he died
Share 49ersWebzone