There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think it's the acoustics of a baseball stadium, I am pretty sure the Levi Stadium (hate that name) will be louder as it will be designed to reflect noise back onto the field.
Can you elaborate on this? I've never heard that mentioned before. I mean, I know that one of the attributes that makes Century Link so loud is what you described, but I've never heard the same thing described about Levi Stadium.

Levi's will have the largest lower bowl in the NFL = most fans closest to the field (like a college stadium)

Projected noise accoustics (green = directly onto field; blue = reflected noise off glass facade of suite tower) :

...caveat is both factors will be dependant on how loud the fans get-- if the demographics of the likely revamped/updated STH's (i.e, there'll be more Silicon Valley/South Bay fans) is anything like that for Sharks hockey game = GOOD chance it'll be loud and improved homefield advantage over the Stick

if its more a yuppie, corporate crowd and a lot of diehard fans are priced out doe..
Awesome, thanks for the post!

Where is that screenshot from? Did you make it? Is there an article that goes along with it?

I seriously don't see how the stadium, especially with the open top is going to keep the noise in. All that noise is going to escape through the top and the those two open stadium entrances at the side. Looking at the photos of the Clink that Psinex posted, you can easily see those canopies on the side that help to contain, amplify, and redirect the sound within the stadium. This one has nothing like that. The reason why this stadium could be louder is only because the seats are supposedly closer to the field and the lower seating bowl capacity is huge.
[ Edited by DrHawkingThe12th on Sep 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM ]
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
I seriously don't see how the stadium, especially with the open top is going to keep the noise in. All that noise is going to escape through the top and the those two open stadium entrances at the side. Looking at the photos of the Clink that Psinex posted, you can easily see those canopies on the side that help to contain, amplify, and redirect the sound within the stadium. This one has nothing like that. The reason why this stadium could be louder is only because the seats are supposedly closer to the field and the lower seating bowl capacity is huge.

Engineered for noise reflection, and also materials used to make the stadium can make even an open top stadium loud
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think it's the acoustics of a baseball stadium, I am pretty sure the Levi Stadium (hate that name) will be louder as it will be designed to reflect noise back onto the field.
Can you elaborate on this? I've never heard that mentioned before. I mean, I know that one of the attributes that makes Century Link so loud is what you described, but I've never heard the same thing described about Levi Stadium.

Levi's will have the largest lower bowl in the NFL = most fans closest to the field (like a college stadium)

Projected noise accoustics (green = directly onto field; blue = reflected noise off glass facade of suite tower) :

...caveat is both factors will be dependant on how loud the fans get-- if the demographics of the likely revamped/updated STH's (i.e, there'll be more Silicon Valley/South Bay fans) is anything like that for Sharks hockey game = GOOD chance it'll be loud and improved homefield advantage over the Stick

if its more a yuppie, corporate crowd and a lot of diehard fans are priced out doe..
Awesome, thanks for the post!

Where is that screenshot from? Did you make it? Is there an article that goes along with it?

He drew a diagram. Can't you see it? The wall? Sound bounces off walls?

It doesn't compare to Clink, but that wall will certainly amplify a lot of sound.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

It doesn't compare to Clink, but that wall will certainly amplify a lot of sound.

Having the largest lower bowl in the league will also make it seem the 2/3rds of the home crowd is yelling right on top of visiting teams and could be an intimidating prospect...again it will depend on if Niner fans will bring their game
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Having the largest lower bowl in the league will also make it seem the 2/3rds of the home crowd is yelling right on top of visiting teams and could be an intimidating prospect...again it will depend on if Niner fans will bring their game

and we never do.....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
and we never do.....

i'll reserve judgement once we can see if there's a revamped and hopefully more knowlegable demographic at the new stadium....stupid elements are priced out and a fresh slate for everyone to remold the reputation of Niner fans
Originally posted by Axl49:
I have said it time and time again our home field is a joke sometimes when I go to games. Old people complain about 49er FANS BEING LOUD AND CHEERING like wtf give me a break. We let half of the other teams fans in the stadium like we did on sunday with packers and always do with cowboys fans. If you dont go to be 100 loud and cheer on your team then why go. I cant wait to move next year hopefully some of those soft ass older fans ( No offense to older people or people around during the 80s runs) but you and you whining have to go.

Who the f**k are you to decide who can attend games? "Soft ass older fans"? We were out there rocking the Stick while you were still fouling your diapers. But, no offense.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Well to be fair. Nobody in GB wants to sit, bleached seats suck.

LOL so true.
if u cheer too loud, you get kicked out. So yea, I'd say so.
The 49ers all time record at Candlestick Park, including Playoff games is 241-136-2. So how exactly do we have a weak home team advantage? No you don't get kicked out for cheering too loud. You get kicked out for being an obnoxious a**hole.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Nope.. We never had to tarp off seats:

[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:19 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We most certainly have some (definitely not all) of the weakest fans purchasing tickets to watch the game-- "stop it, wah" "you're to loud, wah" "don't rock the boat, wah wah"

49ers fans>>>>fortywhiner fan
Jaguars certainly have the weakest home field advantage in the NFL. Even more so now since they are giving up games to play in London, that will be a 9th home game for the 49ers since foreign fans prefer winners.

I guess it is the competition of a rivalry that so many 49ers fans are actually upset that Levis Stadium wasn't designed to match the sound at the Clink. Who cares, it doesn't have to be. It will definitely be a lot louder than Candlestick which wasn't even designed to increase fan noise since baseball games are not loud. I'm really excited for next season's home opener just to see how much louder it gets.
Stop insulting our fan base.
Faithless
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home