LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 346 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sigh.

Marvin, I just don't feel our depth on the offensive line is very good. Looney especially doesn't do anything for me. So we differ. That's okay.
Originally posted by sdcindy:
Sigh.

Marvin, I just don't feel our depth on the offensive line is very good. Looney especially doesn't do anything for me. So we differ. That's okay.

When was it better than now?
LOL.....Browns have no kicker on their roster, Packers only backup QB is BJ Coleman, as much as it sucks seeing some of these talented players go from the 49ers....it could always be worse.

Ahh, different question. It may be better than in the past, but I think our linebacker depth this year is awesome and when I compare that to our current OL depth I go meh....
Sorry for the multiple posts. It appeared the site was not working for a minute.
[ Edited by sdcindy on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by xcfan:
we got 17 linebackers and zero offensive tackle backups who are legit.

this ^^^^^^

We have the best OT depth in the NFL and I'm not kidding.

Dunno If I'd go that far.

Kilgore, Snyder, and Looney are far better than any Tackle we had in camp. and all three can play all three interior line positions. Boone slides outside in event of tackle injury.

ESIT: Just realized you were talking specifically OT. Ya...3 good ones. Some teams don't have 1.

Its close. If one of our starting tackles go down, unlike most teams our offensive line will still be a very good oline. Most olines in the nfl have a huge drop off. Boone is better then any third tackle I could find on any other roster and better then any starting guard that might slide over to tackle. There might be some young guys on some teams I'm not aware of though.

It's really a ingenious strategy by our coaching staff that gets belittled around here pretty regularly.

this ^^^^^^

We have the best OT depth in the NFL and I'm not kidding.

Dunno If I'd go that far.

Kilgore, Snyder, and Looney are far better than any Tackle we had in camp. and all three can play all three interior line positions. Boone slides outside in event of tackle injury.

ESIT: Just realized you were talking specifically OT. Ya...3 good ones. Some teams don't have 1.

Its close. If one of our starting tackles go down, unlike most teams our offensive line will still be a very good oline. Most olines in the nfl have a huge drop off. Boone is better then any third tackle I could find on any other roster and better then any starting guard that might slide over to tackle. There might be some young guys on some teams I'm not aware of though.

It's really a ingenious strategy by our coaching staff that gets belittled around here pretty regularly.

Well the whole point of him moving to guard was to get the best 5 guys on the field. He's not a natural guard and he'd start at tackle on most teams.

Ahh, different question. It may be better than in the past, but I think our linebacker depth this year is awesome and when I compare that to our current OL depth I go meh....

Yeah...but I'm just sayin' we are in better shape than any other team in the NFL...

With the mixing and matching if someone gets hurt, we have 3 starting quality tackles, 3 starting quality Guards, and 2 starting quality centers....and that's just with the versatility of Boone and Kilgore.

Snyder isn't great but he's pretty damn good as a backup who could play all 5 positions in a pinch and Looney is just learning.
Ok, who gets cut for the following,

Tank
Dial
Crabs
MM
Wright

If they all come back, I'm sure we will see an injury or 2, so IR someone, but hoping no injuries.

I am surprised Stupar made it.

Now the PS gets made tomorrow, any thoughts or predictions? Or is it on another page?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seattle cut WR Chris Harper as expected, he was chosen 4 or 5 picks before Patton.

this ^^^^^^

Kap isnt just a pocket passer so it aint that bad
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Ok, who gets cut for the following,

Tank
Dial
Crabs
MM
Wright

If they all come back, I'm sure we will see an injury or 2, so IR someone, but hoping no injuries.

I am surprised Stupar made it.

Now the PS gets made tomorrow, any thoughts or predictions? Or is it on another page?

Don't forget Marecic.

Yep, also Dobbs. I'm torn on Marecic coming on board. Do we need a 3rd FB? Is Dixon on the hot seat, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Who does get cut for Dobbs? TJE or Tuk?
This is confusing but what I would do... if Marecic is signed I cut Ventrone. Then when Dobbs come back I cut Tukuafu. Then when Manningham comes back I cut Stupar. Then if Dial or Carradine come back I cut Jerod-Eddie. Leaves Dobbs and Carradine/Dial. Then if Crabtree comes back I don't know who the f**k to cut. Probably have to be a WR can't keep 7. I'd give Baldwin a chance... I'd go with Williams, Manningham or Moore whoever is doing the worst. Basically we just wiped out half our 53 man roster and replaced with injured guys. Seriously though, think of how hard these cuts would have had to been if Dial, Carradine, Culliver, Crabtree, Manningham were all healthy.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Agree about WR, and think that two of those guys go when Crabs and Mario return.

There really are bridges that can not be crossed until you get to them.

Until, we get to those bridges Crabtree and Manningham are in my memory bank.

Our wide receivers are Boldin, Moore, Patton, Williams, and Baldwin.

These are the receivers that will actively participate in defining the coming year.
They are our wide receivers and I will support them unequivocally.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
This is confusing but what I would do... if Marecic is signed I cut Ventrone. Then when Dobbs come back I cut Tukuafu. Then when Manningham comes back I cut Stupar. Then if Dial or Carradine come back I cut Jerod-Eddie. Leaves Dobbs and Carradine/Dial. Then if Crabtree comes back I don't know who the f**k to cut. Probably have to be a WR can't keep 7. I'd give Baldwin a chance... I'd go with Williams, Manningham or Moore whoever is doing the worst. Basically we just wiped out half our 53 man roster and replaced with injured guys. Seriously though, think of how hard these cuts would have had to been if Dial, Carradine, Culliver, Crabtree, Manningham were all healthy.

That's not how football works.

Someone is always hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone