LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
we got 17 linebackers and zero offensive tackle backups who are legit.
Originally posted by carl:
Sadly, I think when the 49ers drafted Marcus Lattimore, that was a sign that Frank's days are numbered. He's what, 30? He's certainly not "fast" by NFL standards. Hard to see the 49ers keeping Gore if Lattimore lives up to the hype.

I expect Gore to play this year and in 2014 to finish up his contract. He will probably restructure after this year to help extend the 2015 guys. He's a free agent after the 2014 season but so is Hunter so we might have to move on unless Gore gives us a team friendly deal. I think he still might be able to play in 2015 just a matter if he's willing to play for really cheap. So if that didn't make sense think he plays for us this year and next. Might have to restructure to stay with us for next season. Then 2015 he should be able to still play just a matter of how cheap he is willing to play for. We can't pay him much trying to extend our future cornerstones.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:

Id expect boone to slide outside if anything happened to either OT. Also expect us to put one or 2 OT on practice squad
I thought Crabtree was going to be IR designated to return because if he's on PUP then he has to return earlier and if they don't activate him then he can't be activated later, while IR designated lets him come back at any time during the season. Oh well, in no way should they use IR designated to return on James.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
meh the wr and db position is weak

there's nothing wrong with our secondary

I agree. Our secondary looks solid. I think the WR core is better than advertised too. Moore and Patton are going to shock the league.

WR core is probably the best its been for as long as I can remember. All receivers can contribute, couldn't say the same in the past 10 years.

Definitely the best for a while. Not an offense that relies on one guy anymore. Doubt well see any stud level seasons by one receiver but everyone can contribute. Should be exciting to watch as there are 5 guys I can see popping up and having 100 yd games in any given game.
Me too. Lee is a punter so maybe he can stick around until he's 40. Gore looks like he has some good years left in the tank. He really is an amazing athlete when you think about all the punishment he took over the years and tearing up both knees in college. A true warrior.

The fact that Gore survived 5+ years with the torn knees in college is amazing. Add that with the numerous injuries he has endured throughout his career and yet he is the all time rushing leader of the niners! Give this guy a ring and he will have consideration for the hall of fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
meh the wr and db position is weak

there's nothing wrong with our secondary

I agree. Our secondary looks solid. I think the WR core is better than advertised too. Moore and Patton are going to shock the league.

WR core is probably the best its been for as long as I can remember. All receivers can contribute, couldn't say the same in the past 10 years.
Agree about WR, and think that two of those guys go when Crabs and Mario return.

this ^^^^^^

This is news to you?

Our #3 Tackle is also our starting right guard. Niners depth is much better on the inside.
Originally posted by sdcindy:

this ^^^^^^

Sigh.

Seattle cut WR Chris Harper as expected, he was chosen 4 or 5 picks before Patton.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seattle cut WR Chris Harper as expected, he was chosen 4 or 5 picks before Patton.

oops

this ^^^^^^

We have the best OT depth in the NFL and I'm not kidding.
Originally posted by Scoots:
I thought Crabtree was going to be IR designated to return because if he's on PUP then he has to return earlier and if they don't activate him then he can't be activated later, while IR designated lets him come back at any time during the season. Oh well, in no way should they use IR designated to return on James.

Yeah that would have made sense to me. Guess we have him inactive every week from 7 on until he is ready to go. Just will take a roster spot up. Maybe we are saving IR/designated to return for an in season injury or isn't that allowed? Damn NFL and their complicated rules.
Originally posted by natrone06:

this ^^^^^^

We have the best OT depth in the NFL and I'm not kidding.

Dunno If I'd go that far.

Kilgore, Snyder, and Looney are far better than any Tackle we had in camp. and all three can play all three interior line positions. Boone slides outside in event of tackle injury.

EDIT: Just realized you were talking specifically OT. Ya...3 good ones. Some teams don't have 1.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone