There are 150 users in the forums

49ers Players that will surprise us this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
IMO ...there are a few players on the roster that will come back strong this year and have a stellar season

Alex Boone : his 2nd straight season as our starting RG , he will be more comfortable this year and cement himself as our starting RG for years to come

Kendall Hunter: He will have a chip on his shoulder and want to protect his status as our backup RB , LMJ will also get his touches , and Gore is still our workhorse, but Hunter will come back stronger than ever and help make our rushing attack the strongest it's been in years

Kyle Williams : he will fight hard to stay in the mix, with Patton , Jenkins and Boldin on board , and Crabtree blossoming into an All Pro WR, Williams will make a case to get more playing time this year, making our receiving core the leagues deepest and most productive in the process

Chris Culliver : he will make up for making those foolish remarks in the offseason by dedicating himself to improving his coverage skills and making sure he gets his fair share of snaps with stronger play, he still hasnt reached his ceiling and will only get better ...now if he can only keep his trap shut

Carlos Rogers : he took a lot of heat for being burned in the playoffs and superbowl ...and with Asomugha on the roster , Culliver still improving, and Tarrell Brown becoming a pro bowl CB, he will have his best season in years to make sure he is part of the 4 headed monster at CB

what players do you guys feel will come back strong this year ?
Aj Jenkins
ian williams, his modest extention wasnt worth very much but enough to say we think something of you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I think Kyle w and Mario will end up being solid for us, Kyle will take care of our punt returns while hunter and james do kickoffs. I also believe the new whipping boy in niner land craig dahl will end up being a fine addition and I think the person no one knows about marlon moore will be a very good special teams player and will make the team as a wide out who will bring more to the table in that phase than ginn ever did
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Aj Jenkins

yah Im sure he will improve his photography skills.
Darius Fleming.
AJ Jenkins - He's going to step up and be the #3 WR with him stepping up i think they release Kyle Williams.

WR: Cabtree, Boldin, Jenkins, Patton, Manningham
I'm thinking it might be one of the last year's rookie class. LaMichael James
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Darius Fleming.

I'm hoping he can contribute this year ...nice to have another pass rusher on the roster, Lemonier, Fleming and Harlason can give us some quality depth at OLB
THE TANK

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rizvi49er:
AJ Jenkins - He's going to step up and be the #3 WR with him stepping up i think they release Kyle Williams.

if you release kyle,, who returns punts? mario will not be able to start the year which opens up a temp spot for a wide out. Kyle has made the most of his given chances, jenkins has not so far and patton is a real unknown. Kyle stays in my opinion
Glenn Dorsey
Originally posted by cciowa:
if you release kyle,, who returns punts? mario will not be able to start the year which opens up a temp spot for a wide out. Kyle has made the most of his given chances, jenkins has not so far and patton is a real unknown. Kyle stays in my opinion

Do you have a link on Mario not starting the season? Everything I keep reading says he will probably not be ready for training camp but could be ready for the regular season. Obviously he will not be in game shape in that circumstance but I keep hearing posters saying "he will not be ready for the season" , or "he will miss a month or two of the season." Where are people getting this information from, because I've goggled the heck out of it?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Rizvi49er:

i'd give James as many opportunities to win the PR job this offseason as possible. but seeing that mario is probably going to be on the PUP list i guess they keep Kyle then for at least this year.
If it's Jenkins as a deep threat and Nnamdi as a lock-down press guy, the Niners are going all the way.
Share 49ersWebzone