There are 412 users in the forums

2013 Final Roster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Why does everyone have Manningham as the 3rd receiver? He's not going to be ready until mid season at best. The list should look like this.

1 Crabtree
2 Boldin
3 Jenkins
4 Patton
5 Williams
6 Manningham

If Williams is 100% percent healthy, he's #3

Don't hold your breath, he wasn't very good to start with, now with an ACL, he's going to be that much worse.

What did Kyle Williams do as a receiver that Made you think he wasn't very good, besides not getting very much playing time. I think his arrow is still pointing up unlike manningham whose is pointing down
Originally posted by nannite:
minor points:

I think Moody will be competing with Wilhoite for the 4th MLB position. both can play ST. (will grant come back? probably not, i thought he was a solid backup but he is replaceable)

I think the team keeps 4 OLBs. Unless Johnson or Flemming show that either of them is good enough for the team to keep an extra olb just for them, they will just keep 4.

I think they will try their hardest to use the 8th OL spot on a backup OT. Hopefully one of those young guys steps up.

It would be good if the niners could keep a LB who could play inside or out. Fleming seems like a good bet for double duty. They have shown a tendency to cross train players and it will continue.

As for a DT playing OT...don't see it as the two positions are hard to learn and it takes many practice snaps to become a proficient OT.

A couple players will make the team for STs performance even if they aren't the most talented back ups. Moody may be one of them.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It would be good if the niners could keep a LB who could play inside or out. Fleming seems like a good bet for double duty. They have shown a tendency to cross train players and it will continue.

As for a DT playing OT...don't see it as the two positions are hard to learn and it takes many practice snaps to become a proficient OT.

A couple players will make the team for STs performance even if they aren't the most talented back ups. Moody may be one of them.

Agreed on linebackers with versatility. Theres probably room for one guy to separate himself from the pack and take that position. Should be interesting.

I didnt say that a DT should play OT. I said I hope one of the PS OTs steps up and takes the last OL roster spot.
Originally posted by nannite:
Agreed on linebackers with versatility. Theres probably room for one guy to separate himself from the pack and take that position. Should be interesting.

I didnt say that a DT should play OT. I said I hope one of the PS OTs steps up and takes the last OL roster spot.

My error! I'm wondering how much time Looney or Kilgore are going to get at OT in TC. If they keep 8 OL then they have room for a swing tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone