LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

The gamble?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Save yourself some brain cells and never read anything written by a Cohn.

Loudmouth idiots who have an overdeveloped sense of their own importance and knowledge.

I've noticed since the draft Cohn has somehow slithered back on the Zone.
We were 4th in the league in pass defense last year. The problem came when the smith brothers got hurt. The solution was to get depth on the dline and more pass rushers. That's what they did in draft plus add nnamdi to secondary. I'm not worried.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Loudmouth idiots who have an overdeveloped sense of their own importance and knowledge.

I noticed that too. I try to not click on the ones from Press Democrat
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pitseleh:

I used to make the mistake of just clicking on anything that had an interesting title. Now I make sure to see where it came from. I will never click on another press democrat link as long as a Cohn writes there(if you can call it that).
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by pitseleh:

I used to make the mistake of just clicking on anything that had an interesting title. Now I make sure to see where it came from. I will never click on another press democrat link as long as a Cohn writes there(if you can call it that).

My favorite articles are the transcripts
  • Tman
  • Veteran

This
Originally posted by Tman:

This

It's always nice when they link an article with "COHN:" in the title. It's my opinion that before either Cohn thinks "what would be a well thought out, insightful, and revealing story surrounding the 49ers that would appeal to their fans?", they stop and go "what BS can we integrate into a story about the 49ers that'll really stir up s**t and generate traffic."

They're not privvy to anything the beat writes aren't. If you read something from any of the beat writers you're more than likely never going to get something better from the Cohns.

Anyways.

I wanted dline depth and a SS all offseason because a healthy pass rush will make our backfield look top tier again. And the fact that we're making the dline arguably better is going to make the backfield even better.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on May 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM ]
I'm not a huge Whitner fan....but we don't have anyone better right now.

For a little while on Friday before the second round started I was thinking they might want to take Cyprien and replace both safeties...

....but then I realized that was just crazy talk and Jacksonville made it impossible anyway.

What you don't want is two rookies safeties starting in the secondary....that's no bueno. They need to hold on to Whitner, at least through the end of this season.
Share 49ersWebzone