There are 197 users in the forums

Jaws on ESPN SportsCenter Special

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
Kap will last as long as it takes for defenses to figure out the Pistol, which seemed to be happening late last year.

We need to stick to a traditional WCO, keep Kap under center and run some designed bootlegs, mix in some Pistol every now and then. We can't win running Pistol as our primary offense.

Really? Who figured it out? Our last 3 opponents were Packers, Falcons, Ravens. Did they stop the pistol? I don't know what games you were watching. Oh, do you actually think we run all our plays in the pistol formation? Maybe you need to watch more football vs. watching a few highlights on ESPN
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Kap will last as long as it takes for defenses to figure out the Pistol, which seemed to be happening late last year.

We need to stick to a traditional WCO, keep Kap under center and run some designed bootlegs, mix in some Pistol every now and then. We can't win running Pistol as our primary offense.

Imposter!

The NFL figured out the traditional WCO, yet it is still run and with great success. Schemes will always have days where defenses better them, but in the end, if a scheme is run well it can win games. Even if defenses "figure out" how to counter them. Cause you never truely "figure them out", they are always evolving.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
still cant throw a floater lol

Give it time, I saw improvement in him doing that during the season... Somethings take time, we waited patiently for 7 years... Something tells me it won't take that long this time.
Kaep is slated to become a perrenial top 5 QB in the league. As previously stated, yes no other QB can match his running ability. Yes, few QBs can match his arm strength...

Here are the knocks on Kaep though:
1. Takes time to establish a rhythm. A lot of overthrows in the beginning of games. Maybe he gets too hyped up (playoffs especially)
2. Susceptible to bone head mistakes against superior defenses. Similar to Tony Romo, but Harbaugh won't allow him to pass that much so this should be limited
2a.One thing Alex Smith was tremendous at was protecting the football after contact. Not sure Kaep is as skilled in that department.
2b. After a long run against the Rams I think, he spiked the ball down. Can't remember if he got flagged but that can definitely hurt the team.
3. May become an injury concern. At times he will willingly take a shot from a safety or linebacker.
[ Edited by WesCosOff4Lyf on Apr 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Jaws is dumb

Because he thinks Kaepernick can be the greatest of all time.

No because he says stupid stuff. The two things are not related. But his opinions tend to be extreme like this and are very reactionary in nature. If Kaep had a couple plays go differently and he had lost to ATL or not at least mounted a comeback against BAL, Jaws would probably be calling him a gimmick QB who the league will figure out within a year. And he may very well say such a thing if he has tough game or two during the beginning of the season next year.

It's great to hear someone talk up Kaep, but if a fool calls you a fool (or a genius) what difference does it make? His commentary (to me) has devolved from what at one point was actual analysis to wild random fluctuations of opinion designed to get reactions instead of giving insight.

What two things aren't related??

His opinions are just that OPINIONS. I mean we never like when analyst talk bad about the 9ers, now we are hating on them for talking good, if anything this boards opinion fluctuate same as an analyst.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mebemused:
Add Phil Sims to CK's fan club. While everyone was impressed by CK's runs against the Packers, Sims repeated marvelled at the strength of Kap's arm that allowed him to make intermediate throws with the ball arriving on a wire as the receiver finished making his cut. As impressive as his runs were, Sims liked Kap as a passer.

That's what impressed me the most about Kaepernick, is his ability to pass from the pocket and not just be called a scrambling QB. He can do what Mike Vick cannot.
Same with me. I was so surprised. It still feels unreal that we have our QB... I hope he continues towards greatness.
Too early to tell. Let see if he can at least win one super bowl first, then that kind of talk can begin.
Let's start with a super bowl win first.
Jaws is sort of an idiot.

I'd like to see more examples of Kaep working through progressions when the run game falls apart, and putting a little more touch on his passes. Other than that I think Kaep, under Harbaugh, could very well live up to Jaws blind squirrel prediction.

jaws has a big ass head
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
jaws has a big ass head

It's funny to me how people perceive that we run the pistol all of the time. Not just people in the WZ either its mostly media driven. The reason it works so well, is because we don't use it a lot. It's just a wrinkle in our offense and when people think they have it figured out, we will adapt and add more to it. I've watched a lot of Nevada games (being intrigued by Kaep), there is a lot more to that offense than people think. We haven't even scratched the surface of it and people think they can stop it. Good luck with that muhahahaha!!!!
Kaep has looked great so far. But he hasn't even played a full season as our starter. greatest of all time? lets wait on that.
Kap has the strongest arm in NFL. Kap might be the fastest running QB in NFL. He led the Niners 5 yards short of Superbowl win. In his 10th career start. Whats not to like?
Share 49ersWebzone