There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Undrafted Free Agents (List Pg 1, 9 Signees so far)

You serious? That's a monstrous highlight reel. We are going to have an absolutely gorgeous rotation once those knees pop back into place.
so this guy started ahead of Doug Martin before his injuries? Or did Martin earn the starting spot over him?
I Hope DJ Harper makes the squad it will be fun to watch
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Just signed this guy

6-8 320lb Left Tackle out of Azusa Pacific

Marquardt (6-foot-8, 320) converted from tight end to become a two-year starter at left tackle before missing entire senior year with a hairline foot fracture. At Combine weigh-ins, Marquardt drew comparisons to Ivan Drago among NFL scouts, and Sebastian Vollmer for his on-field ability. He has ideal arm length (34 1/2") and performed an impressive 31 reps on the bench. Marquardt is making a huge jump in competition, but he's an intriguing prospect with left tackle-caliber movement skills. Marquardt underwent another foot surgery on April 18 and is questionable for training camp. An obvious project, he'll have a tough time cracking the 49ers' loaded roster.
Wow, that first picture looks like a giant killing a baby! He is enormous. "I will break you!"
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Just signed this guy

6-8 320lb Left Tackle out of Azusa Pacific

Marquardt (6-foot-8, 320) converted from tight end to become a two-year starter at left tackle before missing entire senior year with a hairline foot fracture. At Combine weigh-ins, Marquardt drew comparisons to Ivan Drago among NFL scouts, and Sebastian Vollmer for his on-field ability. He has ideal arm length (34 1/2") and performed an impressive 31 reps on the bench. Marquardt is making a huge jump in competition, but he's an intriguing prospect with left tackle-caliber movement skills. Marquardt underwent another foot surgery on April 18 and is questionable for training camp. An obvious project, he'll have a tough time cracking the 49ers' loaded roster.

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Drago

[ Edited by xtm059 on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by d49izme:
so this guy started ahead of Doug Martin before his injuries? Or did Martin earn the starting spot over him?

After seeing what Martin did for the Bucs, Harper is a nice signing.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

logical like a mutha f**ka
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

He was Martin's backup...him and the Avery kid.
So all kinds of people on twitter are saying Isi Sofele signed with us but I see no legit sources so far

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=Isi%20Sofele&src=typd
I'm liking the idea of Marqueis Gray as our 'swiss army knife' 3rd QB/3rd TE/7th WR.

6'4", 240 pounds, and started at both QB and WR. And seems to have been decent at both.

Could be cool to use him as a Delanie Walker type that motions around between the slot, the end of the line, and the backfield, but also has the added threat of being able to throw the ball accurately.

He's definitely one player I'm looking forward to seeing in the preseason.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I'm liking the idea of Marqueis Gray as our 'swiss army knife' 3rd QB/3rd TE/7th WR.

6'4", 240 pounds, and started at both QB and WR. And seems to have been decent at both.

Could be cool to use him as a Delanie Walker type that motions around between the slot, the end of the line, and the backfield, but also has the added threat of being able to throw the ball accurately.

He's definitely one player I'm looking forward to seeing in the preseason.

I like this guy also, I can see this guy making the team as a 3rd TE
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jimrat:
I like this guy also, I can see this guy making the team as a 3rd TE

Gray runs that read option pretty well.

And he looks pretty beastly in that TE workout video. I wonder if he could make the team as the 3rd TE and the 3rd QB without stunting his development. Would that be too much to expect a rookie to be able to absorb?

Seems like he's already used to being used in some creative ways. I like the play where he runs up under center while the other QB is in shotgun and then sneaks it for a first down.
bonus wise, Grey got a $4k bonus, the kid from Stanford got $5k and Purcell got $3k to sign.

nvm, incorrect report.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on May 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM ]